Chapter 13: Unarmed

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His noona's words were like sharp stabs to his heart. Junho couldn't believe his ears, did June-noona really mean everything she said? Did she really see them as manufactured and heavily promoted idols? Was the that only reason they made it to the top? Junho's lips curled into a snarl at June as she simply shrugged and continued on with her work as if she had done nothing wrong. Somehow he was certain that had Jay not left, June wouldn't be saying the same things.*

 

This angered him more than he liked. June, of all people should know how hard 2PM had to work to reach where they were at this point. It was not at all in any way an easy ride. It was filled with diffuculties and obstacles, and this...what his noona had said, was not something he wanted to hear- most especially from her. Not after she had told them how proud she had been of them, of him, only a few nights before.

 

He stomped his way up the stairs as soon as she had left. She had been in a yelling argument with Nichkhun and Taecyeon, and Junho needed time away from the dorm to clear his head. There were too many things going on in his head right now and he needed a channel to vent them all out. He found his destination in no time and his hand turned the doorknob- Junho knew the door would be unlocked.

 

He found Minji on the floor, leaning against the wall with her laptop on top of her crossed legs. She wore a similar pair of headphones one would find in Ian's studio; her eyes were hard with concentration as she focused on whatever she was doing. And then it hit him...Her eyes, Junho could actually see her eyes now. Minji's bangs were pulled back into a ponytail on the top of her head as she worked- she looked...cute. Junho shook his head at that one particular thought he never imagined he would have. Minji's personality was anything but cute, and yet there she sat, lips pursed and nosed scrunched up as her head bobbed up and down to the beats only she could hear.

 

Junho closed the door behind him and headed straight to the mini-kitchen and poked his head inside the fridge. It was empty as always, save for two pitchers of water.

 

“Oi, Minji, let's go get something to eat, did you eat dinner yet?”

 

He looked over the metal door only to see Minji still completely engrossed with her work. Did she not notice him come in at all?

 

He closed the fridge door and walked up to her, crouching next to her and pulling off her headphones. “Oi, did you not notice me come in? And why was your door unlocked?”

 

Minji stared blankly at him. “Hi. I noticed you come in...kinda. I was busy. What did you want?”

 

“Food. Let's go. I'm in a mood right now.”

 

“What am I your therapist?”

 

Junho pouted. It was cheating he knew, but he really needed this now.

 

Minji's eyes were immediately drawn to Junho's lips. It was unfair that Junho knew all her weaknesses, even more so when he just went straight for the kill without even bothering to play fair. It was true, she honestly was busy with school work and her own demos. She didn't even know why Junho was up here in her room right now.

 

“Why are you even here?” She asked, averting her gaze.

 

“Food. Let's go.” Junho said more forcefully this time, pushing down the lid of her laptop and pulling the earphones completely off her ears. He grabbed her wrist and stood up taking her along with him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter