Chapter 2

Was & Then: A History

Changmin comes home drenched in rain and sweat. Jaejoong comes running to him and hugs him amidst the  wet mess that he is.

"Where have you been? I was worried sick. And why are you dripping wet Changmin-ah?", Jaejoong all but sobs to Changmin's chest.

"I was out and I forgot to bring an umbrella. Sorry Jaejoong hyung.", Changmin says in a tone that hints of no apology.

Suddenly, several loud footsteps were heard. And before Changmin or Jaejoong could process anything, a fist lands straight on Changmin's face.

"Yunho-hyung!", a voice says. Changmin assumes it to be Yoochun's.

"YUNHO! What are you doing to our maknae?!", Jaejoong half-shouts.

"Get out of the way, Jae. This kid needs to be taught a lesson." Yunho says. His voice unable to conceal his anger.

"Yunho, we've to understand that he's in pain. Yunho, please. Don't hurt him anymore." Jaejoong pleads.

And with those words, Yunho's eyes seem to lost a bit of the anger they held a few minutes ago. And as he was about to put down his fist, Changmin speaks up.

"Punch me, Yunho-hyung. If you're angry with me, then hit me. Why are you putting down your fist? Because you pity me? Who said I needed to be pitied? Who said I wanted to be pitied? I don't need any of you to pity me and tell me just how pathetic I am. Cause the more you do, the more pathetic I become. Do you get it?", and with that Changmin pushes Jaejoong away and walks to his room.

SLAM!

As soon as they heard the door shut, Jaejoong becomes a crying mess. Yunho quickly runs and envelops his lover into a hug. He rubs comforting circles on his back.

"I don't... I d-d-do-don't know.. wha... what to do anymo-more Yunho. I want to help but it seems like I'm only making things worse." Jaejoong cries.

Yunho's hold on Jaejoong tightens and he keeps muttering whispers of "It's okay. I'm here. It's okay.". He looks to Yoochun and Junsu for help but the two were also unsure of what to do.

**********

Yoochun rummages in his room for his cellphone and quickly dials Eunhyuk's number. He puts the phone on loudspeaker so he won't have trouble hearing anything else. He waits for a few seconds before Eunhyuk answers the call. And before he could get any word out of his mouth, Eunhyuk says a short and heartbreaking reply.

"There's no trace of him yet."

"."

"How's everyone there doing?"

"We both know the answer to that Hyuk."

"Leeteuk's basically a walking zombie. So is everyone else. Heechul's close to breaking but he still tries to look strong. He's barely had any sleep with all the calls and visits to the police station as well as roaming around anywhere Kyuhyun could possibly have gone to."

"What if he's...?". Yoochun was unable to continue his sentence. He fears the thought. He loved Kyuhyun as well. He was like the dongsaeng he never had.

"Don't Yoochun. Just.. Just don't. I don't think any of us could take that news."

"I'm sorry. I don't think I could take that as well. Jaejoong's been crying himself to sleep almost every night and Changmin's not Changmin anymore."

"...Changmin. That.."

"Do you hate him, Hyuk?"

"I'm sorry Yoochun. I just keep on thinking that if it weren't for him.. If only he didn't... If only.. Then Kyuhyun wouldn't have to be missing right now. Our hearts would not be pounding so loud in our ears and we wouldn't be hurting this much if only Changmin didn't.." Eunhyuk sobs to the phone.

"I'm sorry, Hyuk. And I hate to admit it but sometimes, I think of the same thing too. . Why did this have to happen to us? Why?" Yoochun says in a heartbroken tone.

"Look, Chun. I have to go. Leeteuk's in rage again. We have to calm him down."

And with that, Eunhyuk ended the call.

Yoochun looks at his phone and weeps. "Kyuhyun-ah, where are you?"

*********

Changmin stares at the slightly opened door. They blame me. They hate me. They think I'm the reason why Kyuhyun's.. gone. They blame me as well. Changmin cries silent tears.

He quickly walks to his room and shuts the door with a barely audible thud. He sits on the floor and stares at the stars. 'Kyuhyun-ah. I'm sorry. Where are you? Please be okay.'

Changmin takes out a necklace from his drawer. He holds it tightly in his fist. it was the necklace Kyuhyun gave to him that day.. that dreadful day. He remembers it as if it were just yesterday.

"Changmin-ah. Look."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. i don't know what just happened. I'm sorry. T_T