Chapter 7 - FLASHBACK

Was & Then: A History

"Yunho, what's wrong?", Jaejoong asks.

Yunho throws his lover a quick glance over his shoulder before exclaiming,

"I don't know Jae. Changmin called me asking for help....."

Yunho was not able to finish his sentence. Jaejoong quickly sprang into action. He became alert and quickly went to call Yoochun and Junsu. Yunho heard him saying, "We need to go. Changmin needs our help."

And in five minutes, the four of them were quickly climbing into Yunho's car, all nervous and scared.

"What happened Jae?"

"I don't know. Ask Yunho, Chun."

"What happened Yunho?", Yoochun asks.

"Is Changmin okay?", Junsu inquires.

"I.. I don't know. I don't know.", Yunho says as he quickly drives towards Kyuhyun's dorm.

****

When they reached Kyuhyun's dorm, they didn't see Changmin. They quickly knocked on the door and as soon as Leeteuk saw their faces, he quickly let them in without another word. Leeteuk gestured to them to sit on the couch.

Leeteuk's eyes looked at them. They could read the question in his eyes. Is something wrong? Should I call everyone to come down?

Jaejoong nods. Leeteuk quickly calls every one of them to the living room. Everyone could hear grumbling upstairs but Leeteuk had this air of authority around him that when he shouted again, feet were scrambling to quickly take their places in the living room. When everyone has settled in, Leeteuk nudges Yunho to start talking.

"Changmin called. He and Kyuhyun.. They're in trouble.", Yunho starts.

And just with those words, multiple gasps and reactions were heard. Heechul made a gesture to stand up and leave when Yunho stops him. Leeteuk has not moved, as if he were in a state of shock.

"No! Don;t leave! They're coming over right now.", Yunho said.

"But.. But.. wha.. what if something went wrong when they were on their way here?", Leeteuk finally speaks up after a few minutes.

And Yunho stops cold at Leeteuk's question. He haven't considered that thought. 'What if Changmin got involved in a car accident? How could he come here? ! ! What do I do?! What if people were chasing them? My.. I.. I wasn't thinking.' Yunho thinks.

In the middle of his thoughts, a series of loud banging on the door was heard.

"HYUNG! HYUNG! YUNHO-HYUNG? HYUNG? LEETEUK-HYUNG? OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE. YOU'VE GOT TO..", Changmin screamed.

Siwon quickly rushes to the door and opens it to find a disheveled Changmin. His hand was bleeding and he was drenching in his sweat, his face was wet with tears and his eyes were wet from crying.

Jaejoong quickly stands up and runs to Changmin. "Changmin-ah! What's wrong? What happened to you? Where's Kyuhyun?", he asks as he  stares at Changmin's state. Then he notices Changmin's hand.

"CHANGMIN! You're bleeding!", Jaejoong shouts.

Changmin struggles from Jaejoong's hold. The man was tougher than he looks.

"Changmin! Stop moving! We need to treat your wound.", Jaejoong says frantically.

Changmin pushes him away and says," Don't.. Not me.. Kyuhyun.. You need to help Kyuhyun.. He's.. He's..", Changmin starts stammering and mumbling.

Donghae holds him down and rubs his shoulders. "Changmin, calm down. Calm down. Breathe in. Tell us what happened more coherently."

Changmin starts shaking his head. He tries to push Donghae's hands off his shoulders.

"No, you don't understand! Get away from me! We need to leave! We need to save him.. We.. We need to.. before they.. before.. KYUHYUN! He's in trouble! Please.. Please.. Kyuhyun.. Please.", Changmin starts saying hysterically. Then Kangin comes up and punches Changmin on the face.

"Stop blabbering and tell us what happened. Where the hell is Kyuhyun? You better start talking properly so we can do something.", Kangin says in a hard tone.

Everyone was shocked  at Kangin's actions but that made Changmin stop acting crazy. He then started explaining what happened. When he finished, he started sobbing, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." continuously.

No one moved. Everyone was too shocked with what Changmin had told them. They were all worried about Kyuhyun.

Suddenly, Leeteuk said, "My.. My Kyuhyun.. He's.." and before anyone could do anything, Leeteuk fainted and fell on the floor. Kangin rushed to his side.

"YOU BASTARD!", Siwon shouted and everyone was scared at the fire they saw in his eyes. They saw him running towards Changmin, his fist raised in the air, ready to strike Changmin. Yunho moves to protect Changmin as Jaejoong shouts. But it was too late.

BAM!

And everyone stared wide-eyed at the scene in front of them. Heechul glaring down at Changmin with his fist raised where Changmin's face used to be. Siwon froze on his step. Nobody said a word. Then, Heechul speaks up.

"How dare you! How ing dare you! He was our baby! He loved you so much. He fought for you. We entrusted him to you since you said you ing loved him! So how could you! How could you ing dare give him up! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! TELL ME ING HOW!", Heechul screams.

And as if all strength and hope left him, Heechul goes down and starts punching Changmin as tears fall down his eyes; all the while repeatedly saying, "How.. How.. how could you? How..".

He sobs with so much pain, no one could move. They didn't know what to do. This was the first time they ever saw Heechul break down. Hangeng quickly bends down and envelops Heechul in a hug. Heechul sobs even more on his shoulders. "Han.. Hangeng.. Kyuhyun.. Kyuhyun..", and Heechul never got to finish his sentence as he cries even more. Hangeng only hugs Heechul tighter and he hears Kyuhyun's laughter and his voice telling him to cook his Beijing fried rice tonight because his cooking is the best last thing to eat on a very special day.

'It tastes a lot like home and love Hangeng-hyung.', Kyuhyun used to say. And with that, Hangeng holds Heechul tighter than ever and cries silently with him, buring his face in Heechul's hair.

"Is... Is Kyuhyun..?", Sungmin starts but could never get to finish his sentence. Heechul breaks away from Hangeng's grasp and stands so close to Sungmin. He raises his finger and points it at Sungmin as he speaks.

"Don't you dare finish it Lee Sungmin! Don't you dare or I will kill you with my bare hands.", Heechul says menacingly.

"I'm sorry, Hyung. I didn't mean to. I'm just really scared. I'm so sorry, Hyung.", Sungmin says.

"I don't care. Just shut up!", Heechul shouts.

"Heechul. Stop scaring Sungmin. He was voicing out his fears. He just needed assurance.", Shindong exclaims.

"Didn't you hear me? I don't ing care! Just shut up. Every single one of you.", Heechul spats.

"Stop it Heechul. You're creating more trouble!", Yesung starts to say.

Heechul saw red. "I said shut up!" And he was about to punch Yesung when Kibum grabs his wrist.

"Stop it Heechul and I mean it. You're scared, afraid, and worried about Kyuhyun. I know that . We all know that. But you need to open your eyes too to see that you're not the only one who's feeling that way right now. Almost every single one of us in this room feels the same way. So stop acting like a baby because it won't do anything to save Kyuhyun.", Kibum says in a hard tone.

And that's when some sense were knocked into Heechul. He looks around and sees everyone sobbing. He clutches his heart and says, "I'm sorry. It's just that.. It's because.. Kyuhyun.."

Ryeowook runs over to hug him. "It's okay Heechul-hyung. It's okay. We understand. We understand.", he soothingly says as he cries along with Heechul.

Changmin cries on the floor all this time crying about how sorry he was. Suddenly, Eunhyuk speaks up.

"We need to go and report this to the police.", he says.

"I'll go with you.", Siwon says. Then suddenly a series of 'We'll go with you' were heard.

"No. We need to split up. Some will go with Eunhyuk to the police station, some will stay with Leeteuk to tend to him and wait for him to regain his consciousness, and some will  try to see if there is a chance Kyuhyun escaped.", Kangin says.

Everyone nods in agreement. Then he splits the group up.

"The ones going to the police are Eunhyuk, Donghae, Changmin, Yoochun, Yesung, and Kibum.", Kangin says.

"Why are we taking Changmin?", Eunhyuk says in protest.

"Because only he can describe the perpetrators properly and explain to the police what truly happened.", Kangin says as he barely spares Changmin, the man concerned, a glance.

"Then why are we taking so many?"

"In case they go back on their word and try to take and hurt Changmin.", Kangin says.

Eunhyuk mumbles something but noone caught it except Donghae who was beside Eunhyuk. He squeezes Eunhyuk's hand and then whispers, "Look! We need to try and be more civil. We don't need to cause more havoc which would take up time and what we need right now is time."

Eunhyuk shakes his head. "Ani, Donghae. What we need right now is not time. It's Kyuhyun. Just Kyuhyun.", he says with pain in his voice.

Donghae wasn't able to answer for a few seconds to Eunhyuk's words. "Just.. Just try please."

And then their group left for the police station.

"The ones who will stay here to watch over Leeteuk would be Jaejoong, Ryeowook, Junsu, Henry, and Heechul."

"What?! No. I want to go look for Kyuhyun.", Heechul says.

"You will stay. You're too hot-headed. There's a possibility that you would act irrationally. I need you to stay.", Kangin says in a tone that has the tone of an or else at the end. However, Heechul was like a stubborn mule and Kangin does not scare him at all.

"I said I will go look for Kyuhyun.", he says in a hard tone.

"And I said you will stay. Look Heechul. If ever you act irrationally, it would probably cause more harm to Kyuhyun and what we do not need right now is losing you along with Kyuhyun and having you hurt, as well as Kyuhyun. So just stay and help Leeteuk.", Kangin says. "..Please."

And with that, the argument ends.

"And the remaining ones, Yunho, me, Siwon, Hangeng, Zhou Mi, Shindong, and Sungmin, will go looking for Kyuhyun.", Kangin says.

"Okay. Now that's done. We're leaving. We'll call you if we find anything.", Yunho says and he kisses Jaejoong's cheek before leaving.

"Try looking for him but stay out of trouble. As soon as you see him, contact the others and the police. Okay?", Heechul says when they were about to close the door.

Hangeng offers him a smile and Siwon tells him, "We promise." With Siwon's promise, the door shuts and Heechul stares for a long while at the closed door in front of him hoping that the next time it would be opened, he'll see Kyuhyun running to him with a big smile on his face.

It never happened.

 

 

-------------------------------------

How was it? I hope you liked it. :)

Comment and subscribe. The new fics are still in progress. :))