The Cafe

Painful Love... Is Real Love

*Two months laterrrrr

 

Sohee was working an afternoon shift at the cafe. Like most cafes, the cafe is usually busy and filled with customers in the mornings, but for some strange reason it wasn’t busy today. Sohee was happy that it wasn’t too busy since she was the only one working during this shift. Whenever it’s not too busy, the manager allows the workers to make themselves a drink, and Sohee decided to take advantage of that. Since the cafe was practically empty, she decided that she’d make herself a pumpkin spiced latte, her favorite drink in the world, and read while sipping it. As she was making her drink, her back was turned towards the cash register and the customer’s ordering spot. She was so preoccupied that she didn’t hear someone walk in. “Excuse me, miss.” someone said behind her back.

She turned around and greeted the customer. But something was a bit peculiar about this customer. He had a scarf and a big jacket on, he looked like he was a recently escaped convict trying to hide his identity. The man looked slightly familiar though. Then it hit her, it was Sehun.

She took his order and made his drink without telling him  that she had recognized him.

After he paid, she gave him his drink, and wished him to have a good day.

 

Sehun was shocked. He understands that the two haven’t been friends for THAT long, but how could she not recognize him. Honestly, he was a bit disappointed that she didn’t recognize that it was him. In a daze, he grabbed his order and left. After walking about five minutes, he got a text.

 

Sohee: Sehun-ah you forgot your wallet.

 

As he read the message, a smile crept upon his face. How could such a short message have such a big effect on him. He didn’t know, nor did he care. He was just happy Sohee had recognized him. He went back to the cafe to get his wallet.

“Annyeong,” Sohee said.

Trying to hide his happiness, he coolly walked to the counter. “Annyeong.” he said, grabbing his wallet out of Sohee’s hands.

 

The two began to talk about school, more specifically a big math test that they have tomorrow. “I’ve been seeing a tutor recently.” Sehun said.

“Ahh, how’s that working out for you?” Sohee asked after sipping her latte.

After releasing a deep sigh, Sehun continued, “Not well. The tutor’s nice, but, honestly, I feel like I’m not learning a single thing from him. I’m going to fail this test!” Sehun said.

Sohee thought for a second. Math was her strongest subject, she could probably help him.. But that means they’d be alone together since her parents were away. The thought of them being alone together was enough to make her feel anxious and cause her to blush.

We’re just friends though, she thought to herself. She couldn’t stop herself from thinking about stuff like that, which was strange since she never thought about that kind of stuff when it comes to her other male friends. It’s just Sehun that can make her feel anxious, it’s just him who she can sit with in complete silence and still not feel bored with, and just him who can  make her feel happy when she’s having a bad day.

“Sohee-ahhh. What are you thinking about?” Sehun asked, while waving his hand in her face, interrupting Sohee’s thoughts.

“How about I try tutoring you?” Sohee asked him.

“Really?” Sehun asked, his eyes widening.

He looked absolutely adorable like this, Sohee thought to herself. They’ve been friends for about two months, and about 70% of the time, he has an expressionless, cold face.

“Yeah.”Sohee said. “But we have to work on it here.”

“Okay,” Sehun said. “I’ll go get my stuff,” he continued, before running off.

Sohee groaned. I hope I don’t regret this, she thought.

 

The two worked on the math for a few hours while drinking lattes, and eating the leftover muffins. Sohee closed the cafe around 8, but they still stayed and worked on math. Sohee made math fun for Sehun, and he was finally understanding it.

Around 11, Sehun glanced at his watch and realized how late it was. The two began to clean up. Sohee put their cups and saucers on a tray so she could quickly take them to the kitchen and wash them. But as she walked, she tripped over Sehun’s foot. Sehun quickly grabbed Sohee to prevent her from falling, and the tray fell to the ground.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked, his hands still around her waist.

“Yeah.” Sohee said, slightly shaken up.

Then, silence filled the air. Usually between them, the silence is comfortable, but this time, it was awkward, as they both realized the position they were in. Sehun had his arms wrapped around Sohee and their faces were only inches apart. The tension between them was so strong, but in the end Sehun awkwardly let go of Sohee. But then he thought, nows my chance. It’s either now or never, he kept repeating to himself.

Sohee was about to pick up the tray, only to be grabbed by Sehun. Sehun’s deep brown eyes looked different, they were filled with want and need. She’s never seen him like this before. All she could do was stare at him confusedly, and before she could say anything he attacked her lips with his. One hand rested on the small of her back, pulling her body towards his, while the other was on the back of her neck, slightly pushing her head towards his. At first she tried to push him away, but she gave in, as her eyes began to cloud as she unconsciously wrapped her arms around her neck. This is something they both wanted since their meeting in the library on the day they met. This is something they’ll always remember.

 

 

 

A/N: Heeeeyyyyy. So the next chapter could go two ways, either we keep it nice and fluffy or we go with some . I don't know.. In the beginning I was thinking about having in this, but now they seem too innocent, especially my lovely Sohee. Haha. I don't know. Opinions please?