First day of school!

Painful Love... Is Real Love

 

“Excuse me… Miss.. YAH!”, yelled a furious woman, interrupting Sohee’s thoughts.

“Yes.”, she blurted out when she realized that she had been day dreaming, something she does way too often.

Sohee’s part of a chabeol family who own a large chain of cafes and restaurants located all around Korea, and even a few in Japan and Taiwan. Her grandmother recommended her to work at one of their cafes to “build character” and she’s already been working there for four months.

The angry woman ordered a large Americano, something quick and easy to make. It only took Sohee about five minutes to get the woman her order. After it was paid for, Sohee took a quick glance at the clock hanging on the wall and realized that she was going to be late for school… The first day of school, and she’s going to be late? “Aiiiish”, Sohee quietly said to herself as she threw off her apron, grabbed her bag, and ran out of the cafe.

When she reached the school she was greeted by a bunch of female students, who didn’t attend her school. What the heck, she thought to herself as she pushed her way through the crowd of teenage girls, and after what seemed like an eternity she finally reached the school’s entrance.

She quickly made her way down the hallway, up the stairwell, and down another hallway, which was empty since school had began like twenty minutes ago. When she reached her class, she peered into the open doorway. All students were seated, and the teacher was writing something on the chalkboard. After looking around a little more, she and her best friend, Won, eyes met..

As soon as he saw her, he raised his hand and called the teacher over to his desk and began asking her the randomest of questions. Realizing that he was helping her, Sohee spotted an empty seat in the back of the room and got down on all fours and quickly crawled over. Halfway there she lifted her head up to make sure she hadn’t been caught, and found herself having eye contact with a boy she’d never seen before. He had pale milky skin, blonde hair that just fell over his eyebrows, and these deep brown eyes.. The deepest shade of brown she’s ever seen.. Although his face looked serious and stern, he still had a cute boy-ish charm that Sohee felt drawn to. She broke the eye contact first, and continued on her way. “AHN. SO. HEE.”, said the teacher, causing Sohee to stop dead in her tracks. “Aish”, she quietly said to herself as she slowly stood up. Once she was up, she smiled cheesily, bowed, and said, “Annyeonghaseyo” in the sweetest tone she could, and quickly ran to the one empty seat. “Glad you decided to join us!”, the teacher said in a sarcastic tone of voice. “It’s a pleasure!”, Sohee replied, still smiling.

After getting her stuff together she decided to scope out the class, and noticed that all the girls were looking in the same direction.. At that boy.

Why are they staring at him like that? He isn’t that good looking,  she thought.

 

After the bell rang, her friends all flocked over to her. They began talking, but Sohee’s eyes wandered over to the mysterious boy, who was now surrounded by every girl in the class.

Won saw that you weren’t paying attention, and followed your eyes.

“Ahhh. You like him too?”, he said jokingly.

“No! I just don’t see what the big deal about him is.”

“He’s in some SM group called EXO.” your other friend, Shin, said.

“EXO.”, Sohee quietly said to herself. “That makes sense.”

She couldn’t help but feel bad for him though. She’s heard about all the crazy things his sasaeng fans did, and now that he’s in school, he still can’t catch a break.

 

I’m so tired of being around these girls. I wish I could ask them to leave, Sehun thought as he looked out the window. His eyes lowered and he found himself staring at this girl.. The only girl that’s not treating him like a celebrity. She sat at her desk, with her legs crossed and her long black hair falling over her shoulders. Sehun thought she was cute. And he found it adorable how she casually tucked her hair behind her ear whenever she laughed. She was surrounded by guys, which Sehun didn’t like.

Sehun then noticed that one of the guys she was talking to noticed him staring and they held eye contact, before the guy smiled at him and walked over.

“Annyeong.”, the guy said.

“Annyeong”, Sehun said, trying to hold back his happiness to be conversing with a guy his age.

“I’m jealous you get to be surrounded by girls! But maybe you’d like to come and join my friends and I!?”, the guy said. Sehun nodded his head, and apologized to the girls. As he stood up, the guy slumped his arm around Sehun’s shoulder and led him to his group of friends.

“Guys, look who I brought over!”, said the boy.

“Annyeong”, Sehun says awkwardly.