Daddy ?

Waken Heartstrings

 

YOU

    I stepped slowly to the main entrance door. It was a big company located at Gangnam. Holding my luggage on my left hand and the card on the right, I looked around me. People dressed neatly in suit, rushing to the elavator. Maybe I shouldn't be here, maybe I shouldn't find my dad and just continue my life at Daegu. But I do believe there's a reason why mom told me to be here. I should find the answer.

" Excuse me, at what floor did Mr. Lee In Sung was in ?", I asked the woman on the counter. " Oh ? He's in 12th floor. But have you did an appointment to meet him, miss ? "

" No. I didn't. Told him it's important. My name is Lee ________. "

    I turned my heels to the elavator. Men and womes were staring at me awkwardly. I pressed the '12' button and went up there. A blond haired woman greeted me with smile. She said, " Miss Lee _______, I'm sorry but Mr. Lee was having a meeting right now. President Lee wants to meet you, she is Mr.Lee mother. There is the room. Have a nice day. "

" Thank you. " I bowed and thought, Halmeoni ? My grandma ?

    After knocking twice, a voice spoken, " Come in. " I saw an old woman sitting on a chair, with her brown coloured hair, newly cutted short and wavy, staring at me. She eyed me from head to toe before she asked, " What's your name, dear ? "

I told her and she stood up. " Please take a seat. " She gestured her hands as I sat down the couch nearby. Her figures was so pretty. I'll mistaken her as a teen if I looked at her back. I hold the card gently. " What are you doing here ? What exactly you want from my son, miss ? ", she asked. " My mother's dead, 4 days ago. I came here to fulfil her last wish. " I replied. " You have the same eyes of her, I see. Such a pretty young girl but with a shameful mother. "

    I gasped. What are her motive to say that ? My mother already died, she should show some respect. " Jeosonghamnida... " I said but she snapped me, " You should know the truth. "

" What happened actually ? ", quietly I muttered with a disapproving look on my face. " 23 years ago, while your mother and your father are still teenagers, they made a big mistake in their life. My son, your father left everything he would to be with your mother. He learned to protest and ignored my words. Your mother worked as a waitress. How could I accept a commoner like her when we have everything ? Don't you agree ? "

    I pressed my fingers vehemently and look at her face. She continued, " Well at first, I thought it's okay if they're just playing. Then, the troubles came. You father should be the first child to take over the Lee's family and this company. But because of your mother, they runaway from home and get married. After many years, I despised her so much. Before you were born, I decided to take you away from her. But, after I think deeply, you're just the girl from a shameful mother, a poor family background, and the girl who cracked up my dreams. So I chased your mother away but I let her to grow you up.

    Seeing you as my son's daughter, I named you Lee _________ so I can remember your story as her daughter. Even so, now you have come to me, so tell me , please, what do you want ? "

    " Mom told me to live with dad and continue my studies...but nnnnow... ", I said as tears flowed down my cheek like pouring rain. Quickly I stood up with my head hung low. " MOTHER !! "

" In Sung ? Neo, wae geure ?! ", grandma yelled. Father slammed his hands on the table. " You're the one who did all of this ?! How dare you .... _________, appa bianhada." My father placed his hands on my shoulder and hugged me. He helped me with my luggage and get out from the office. I stilll can hear grandma's voice before we left. " In Sung ! Don't you dare let her step into our house ! "

    " Yeoboseyo ? Jaejoong-ah, I need your help. "

At the cafe. The person dad's called, Jaejoong came. He introduced himself as my uncle. " Jaejoong, can you help me this time ? Jebal, I really need your help. Since, only you have house outside the main house, I want you to take care of my daughter, Lee ________ fro a period of time until I'm ready to take her. At least, after mom approved her. "

    Uncle Jaejoong was so nice towards me. He is kind and funny. Father promised me that he would take care of me one day adn he told me that he will give me money and everything for me. He was a busy city man on his appearance, but I knew my father was a caring man. I'm so glad that I've found him. Mom, finally I found my dad.

    He said, " I'm really sorry ________-ah. Live well and call me if anything happens. " I nodded in silence before I followed into Jaejoong's car. He drove me away fo his house.

Was it really home or not ?

* appa bianhada - Father are so sorry


Lee Hyojung - Grandmother, President of Lee's company