Chapter 7- The Visit.

The SHINing Detectives. Case One.

As soon as I woke up, I darted forwards and grabbed the person that was shaking me awake into a hug. I had no idea what that dream was or who I was hugging but I was too scared to even care. After a while I pulled away and wiped the tears from my face. When I had calmed down I looked at the man who had woken me up and gasped.
“Jonghyun?” I gasped. He frowned before backing away from slightly.
“You were being too loud,” He muttered. A couple of seconds after he had said that two pairs of footsteps echoed through the room as two males ran in. It was Kai and Taemin.
“We heard screaming, is everyone alright?” Taemin asked.
“Jay probably just had a pathetic nightmare,” Jonghyun muttered before walking away from my figure and in the direction that the younger males came from. He soon disappeared from my line of sight.
“What was in the dream?” Kai asked. I gave him a sad smile.
“I watched the death of one of the previous victims of his murder spree die,” I replied which caused their faces to fill with shock.
“Did you manage to see his face? And it’s definitely a male that killed you then?” Taemin questioned.
“His face was blurred but I can remember him being a male, my murder,” I smiled before looking at the ground.
“What are you guys doing today then?” I asked after a while of silence.
“Well, the others are being lazy today but I’m going around to the Exo dorms to see how everyone is and probably just mess around,” Taemin told me.
“Would I be able to join you? I’m pretty sure that you two are the only ones that actually care about my feelings with this murder,” I sighed.

“I don’t mind you joining us and I think the others just need time to understand what has happened. They’ll be more compassionate in time, don’t worry about it. Plus, if Jonghyun hyung upsets you just come to me and I’ll sort him out,” Taemin smiled.
“But, we’re going to need to get some food and get changed before we set off,” Kai chuckled. Taemin and I nodded before we all walked into the kitchen.
“I came as soon as I could,” we heard Hades pant form behind us. I sighed before shaking my head.
“You’re too late,” I sighed as I sat down at the breakfast bar.
“What do you mean I’m too late?” he groaned as he sat beside me, Kai and Taemin both digging around the fridge to find something that they could eat quickly.
“I’ve already calmed down and explained the nightmare,” I explained.
“Oh, I know that but I wanted to comfort you because of what your step-brother said to you,” he smiled. I just shrugged my shoulders.
“To be honest, I grew up with people talking to me like that, as if I wasn’t worthy of life so I’m used to it,” I sighed causing everyone in the room to freeze and stare at me in shock. I just stood up and walked towards one of the cupboards, opening it to find a bunch of cereal bars. I grabbed a few before closing the door again. I threw one towards each of the others in the room, keeping one for myself.
“What do you mean?” Kai asked me.
“That is a story for another day,” I replied before giving him a sad smile. We ate in silence. When they had finished they jogged out of the room in order to get changed into something that was suitable to go outside in.
“What am I supposed to do about my clothes?” I asked. He just sighed before clicking his fingers. I looked down at myself to see my clothes were different. I thanked him before smiling.
“You’re going to have to tell them at one stage what your life was like,” he sighed before crossing his arms. I just nodded before standing up and walking into the living room where I met Kai and Taemin. Hades just followed silently, shaking his head at my actions.
“Would the others have told the rest of the group about me?” I asked Kai. He shrugged before smiling.
“Well, shall we go?” I asked after another few seconds of silence. They all nodded before we walked towards the door. We didn’t have to walk far in order to get to the Exo dorm. As soon as we entered Kai shouted at the top of his voice that he and Taemin had arrived. Loud thunderous footsteps echoed through the dorm as the all rushed to greet the pair.