Chapter 1

Someday

You were sitting on the couch when you noticed the front door open slowly. You smiled as Yongguk tried to slip in quietly and then you giggled when his attempt was futile.
"Daddy!"
Yongguk smiled and knelt down with his arms open as his son ran to him. Then he picked up the little boy and gave him a tight hug.
"Daddy!" Yongsun exclaimed and squirmed
"What? Am I squeezing to tight?" Yongguk asked and then did again. "I just missed you so much."
Yongsun laughed and then squealed when his dad started planting kisses all over his face.
"Daddy!"
"Okay, okay." Yongguk relented with a laugh. "How's my boy?"
"Good."
"And did you help mommy today?"
The boy smiled proudly. "Yes! I'm a good helper."
"That's my boy." Yongguk said and then set Yongsun down so the boy could play with his toys. Then he walked over to the couch and leaned down to give you a kiss. "And how's my wife?"
"Good." you told him with a smile.
He leaned down even further and planted a kiss on your overgrown belly. "And how's my daughter?"
You placed a hand on your stomach and chuckled. "Fiesty. She's been kicking me all day."
"Sounds like she takes after her mother."
You reached out real fast but Yongguk was quicker and jumped out of reach of your hand. Then he promptly stuck his tongue out at you and you rolled your eyes.
"You hungry?" you asked him and went to stand up. "Dinner's waiting in the oven."
"I'll get it." he quickly said as he helped you off the couch. "Go ahead and sit at the table."
You smiled gratefully at your husband and then followed him to the kitchen. He headed to the oven and you went over to sit at the dining table. You watched as he set the plates and the food on the table. Then he went to help Yongsun wash his hands while you cut up meat for your son.
"Thank you for dinner." Yongguk said as they sat down at the table.
"Thank you mommy!" Yongsun hurriedly said, mimicking his father.
"You're very welcome." you replied with a giggle.
Dinner talk involved Yongsun telling his daddy about his day and Yongguk talking about the new songs he was working on. Once everyone was done eating, Yongguk and Yongsun cleared the table while telling you to sit and relax. That was the way most nights were with you being so close to your due date. Yongguk fretting about leaving you at home to go to work and insisting on doing everything when he got home. Even when you wanted a glass of water, he'd order you to stay on the couch and he would get it for you. With Yongsun running after him of course and saying he wanted to help.

You laid in bed and listened to the sound of Yongguk's voice from the other room as he read Yongsun a bedtime story. Once the book was finished, you expected to hear them say goodnight to each other but Yongsun spoke up.
"Daddy?"
"Yeah?"
"When will sissy be here?"
Yongguk chuckled. "Very soon. Any day now."
"Okay."
"You're going to help mommy take care of her right?"
"Yeah!"
"And be good big brother?"
"Yeah!"
Another chuckle. "That's good. Then daddy won't have to worry."
"Nope."
You silently giggled and then felt a small pain in your stomach. You placed your hand where you had gotten kicked just as Yongguk appeared in the room.
"You okay?" he asked as he laid down beside you.
"Baby girl isn't going to let me sleep tonight apparently." you told him.
He frowned and slid down the bed so his face was by your stomach. "You settle down in there. Mommy works hard all day to take care of your big brother and she needs to rest."
You got kicked a couple more times. "She's arguing with you."
He placed his hand on your stomach and you moved it to the right spot so he could feel it. A big smile formed on his face a he sighed contently. "I'll never get over this feeling."
"I thought you were scolding her?"
"Oh right." he glared at your stomach. "Now listen here young lady, be nice to your mother." Another kick and Yongguk chuckled. "I know, I know. I can never stay mad at you."
You rolled your eyes. "She's not even born yet and already you're wrapped around her little finger."
"Exactly where daddies are suppose to be. Isn't that right baby girl?" A few more kicks. "See, she agrees with me."
"Tell her we got the message, she's making me sick." you pouted as you felt a little bit of nausea from her constant moving.
He quickly moved up the bed and kissed your forehead. "I'm so sorry you have to go through this."
You smiled and snuggled in to his chest. "It's worth it. Besides, she'll be born soon enough."
He squirmed excitedly and you laughed at him. "I can't wait." he said.