Ten

The one that got away.
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few hours later you woke up feeling warm. Looking around you noticed that you and Seunghyun had fallen asleep on his couch.

It was dark outside and you knew you shouldn’t have fallen asleep. You had so much to prepare for tomorrow.

Looking at your phone you realized it was almost 10pm. You quietly unwrapped Seunghyun arms. You didn’t want to bother waking him up to see you off. He looked so peaceful sleeping.

You grabbed the small blanket and a sofa cushion for him to sleep on. Then you kissed him on the forehead before grabbing your bag.

Just as you turned around Seunghyun pulled you back.

You plopped onto the couch and back in his arms. You laughed and looked at his sleeping face.

“Hey, I have to go.” You kissed his cheek.

He mumbled something and held you tighter. You couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“Seunghyun.” You whined, “I should go.”

He shook his head in response.

“It’s late and I have work tomorrow.” You patted his arm, “And I’m sure you have work tomorrow.”

“Not really.” He finally spoke.

“I’m sure you do.” You told him.

“Don’t go home-“

“Baby~” you sang.

Seunghyun looked at you then started laughing.

“I love you.” He said while looking straight into your eyes.

You heart skipped a beat after hearing those words. You stared back into his unwavering eyes.

“I love you too.” You smiled.

A moment later his lips were on yours then he carried you to the bedroom.

~~

“Good luck.” Seunghyun yelled from the car.

The following morning after your amazing night together Seunghyun dropped you off in front of the trainee building.

You were incredibly nervous and took a few deep breaths before walking in.

As soon as you walked in an older lady greeted you at the door.

“Kim Jaeni?” she asked.

“Hello.” You greeted.

“Hi,” she nodded, “I’m Miss Lin and we’re in a bit of rush this morning. So quickly follow me.”

You nodded and followed her down the hall. She quickly told you which room had what and which rooms you would be working in for most of the time.

There was a small kitchen and lounge area. Miss Lin told you could come here from time to time for ramyun or coffee.

Coffee!

Immediately after she said it you thought of Dongwoo. You were so busy yesterday that you forgot you even owed a phone.

You really wanted to check your phone but Miss Lin was stilling giving you a quick orientation of the building.

“A lastly this is the trainees’ practice room.”

You glanced inside and saw a large group of boys practicing a dance.

“They’re mostly here and the girls practice room is at the other end of the hall.” Miss Lin mentioned.

“They sure work hard.” You said absentmindedly.

“Yeah they do and they deserve everything they strive for.” Miss Lin chimed in, “Okay well that’s the building.”

“Thank you for the tour.” You bowed to her.

“Please, don’t worry. It’s my job.” She chuckled. “Now, for the next few weeks you’ll be training under Hyunjung. She’s in the vocal practice room right now.”

“Okay, Thank you again.” You smiled.

Miss Lin simply smiled back and walked away. You watched her walk away then headed towards the practice room.

You knocked on the door. There was piano music playing so you decided to walk in. An older looking lady was playing. Once you closed the door she stopped playing and turned to look at you.

“Hello, I’m Kim Jaeni.”

“Hello, I’m Hyunjung.” She replied, “You’re late.”

“Miss Lin gave me tour.” You answered.

She nodded then stood up and handed me a book.

“You’ll need this to take notes. For at least a month you’ll be my assistant. I’ll teach you how to help improve the trainees voices.”

You nodded.

“Some of them are already good but don’t go telling them that.” She firmly said, “They don’t need the extra boost of confidence.” Then she chuckled to herself.

You didn’t know if it was okay for you to laugh as well. It was a pretty funny joke.

“You do know how to play the piano?” she asked.

“Yes, of course.” You nodded then walked over to the piano.

“Here, play this.” She handed you a simple piece.

It was Taeyang’s song, Wedding Dress. You loved this song and played it so much at your old job that you knew it by heart.

Before you knew it you had played the entire song.

“Wow! Is she the new vocal trainer?” a voice called out.

“I think she’s a new trainer.” Another called out.

You turned around

Please log in to read the full chapter