Five

The one that got away.
Please log in to read the full chapter

After your conversation with Dongwoo, the two of you decided to reschedule your date to next week.

You arrived at work the next morning and just as you were about to head to your small office your boss stopped you.

“Jaeni. I need to talk to you.” He spoke.

“Good morning Mr. Park.” You smiled entering his office.

He walked behind his desk and looked at you to sit down.

“I’ll just get right to the point.” He sighed and handed you an envelope.

You took it then opened it to see that your paycheck was in there. You looked at your Boss confused.

“This is your last check. I’m sorry but we have to let you go.” He told you.

You sat there speechless.

“You’re probably wondering why and it’s because you’re simply not bringing in enough students.”

“There’s Kim Youngsoo.” You reasoned.

“Yes, but he’s your ONLY student. All the others have left or ask to have another teacher.” He rubbed his eyes, “I’m sorry Jaeni. Truly I am.”

You nodded and held in your tears. You then stood up and gave your respect to your boss and left.

You cried the whole way home not caring that people were staring.

When you got home you were not expecting Aeri to be there.

“What are you doing home?” she asked.

“I should be asking that.” You replied, “What happened with Japan?”

“I forgot something and Jiyong let me come home to get it.” She giggled, “I told you I was spending the night with him yesterday.”

“Oh, right.” was all you could say.

You went to the bedroom and plopped on the bed. You heard Aeri walk in and lay beside you. You turned to face her and she smiled.

“What’s the matter?” she asked.

You put your face into the pillow and let out a scream. Aeri patted your back as you let out your frustrations. You didn’t know how long you cried into the pillow but you felt better afterwards.

“I got fired.” You finally told Aeri.

Her eyes widen but she didn’t say anything and only hugged you.

“Come with me to Japan.” She said.

“What?” you were surprised.

“Yeah!” she beamed, “Get away and rejuvenate.” She squeezed your shoulder.

You shook your head.

“Please, just say yes.” She jumped up.

You thought about it and you were going to say no but something stopped you from saying it. When was the last time you were spontaneous. The last time you did something exciting.

“Okay.” You smiled.

“Yeah!” Aeri cheered, “Let’s pack quickly and meet them at the airport. I’ll call Jiyong and tell him that you’re coming.”

15 minutes later the both of you were heading to the airport.

“They won’t mind?” you were nervous.

“Of course not!” Aeri said, “But you owe me. I had to trade my first class ticket he bought for two economy.”

“You didn’t have to do that.” You told her.

Aeri shook her head, “No I wanted you to come. I think we both need a vacation.”

You looked over at Aeri and felt guilty. Just yesterday you were happy that she was gone. Even though she annoys you like a sister would, you were grateful that you have her.

“Thanks.” You smiled, “I just hope I’m not a bother.”

“You won’t be.” She smiled.

She was totally wrong when you reached the airport.

It was insane. There were tons of fans at the airport just waiting for Big Bang. You almost lost Aeri a few times because of the massive crowd. 

But the real trouble began when you met up with Jiyong’s manager.

The members had gone to the business class lounge to wait for the plane and you two were looking for Jiyong’s manager but when you found him he wasn’t giving you any plane tickets.

Aeri was trying to reason with him trying to explain to him that you were allowed to go. You were about to tell her to forget about it and just go without her when another man joined the conversation.

He whispered something to the manager that made him even more annoyed. But finally he let you go through.

“That was unnecessary.” Aeri huffed.

“What was going on? I thought it was okay for me to come?” you frowned.

“It is. It was only Jiyong’s stuffy manager.” She frowned also, “We have to thank Seunghyun’s manager.”

“What?” you stopped her.

“Yeah,” she looked confused, “He was the other guy. Don’t know what he said but we have to thank him.” She smiled.

“Oh,” you muttered.

Since the two of you were in travel class you couldn’t meet with everyone else in the business class lounge. You were okay with it but it seemed Aeri was annoyed.

“You’ll see him when we land.” You told her as you were boarding.

“I know.” She sig

Please log in to read the full chapter