Set Off For an Adventure

What Is Love?

 

Present day


Misery, despair, agony, depression? These were unheard of and foreign to me. Not a taste, touch or whiff of displeasure has ever tip-toed towards my life. I know what they mean, in words of course, but I was inexperienced.

Happiness, delight, bliss, love? Now these I haven’t a clue what they even felt like. Especially that last one, love. What was that? A jewel? Color? Perhaps, a form of wealth? I’d really like to finally know.

10 years. It’s been 10 years since the 6 year old me looked up at my parents with large clueless eyes and went ‘what is love?’ my parents returned me a look full of disgust, disappointment and annoyance. As if I had asked them how to rob a bank. ‘Nothing.’ They answered briefly.

But the girl now, she was determined to find out. The 16 year old me had enough of fidgety, nervous, servants when I spoke the chaos-causing word. I was tired of people treating me and acting around me like i was a hospitalized patient, suffering from cancer. I was ready to prove to my parents that there was of no need to protect me from anything. If love was a monster, I was ready to fight it. If love was a crime, I will not be influenced. If love was a twisting mystery, I will be willing to solve it.

The mansion stood tall, grand and intimidatingly-beautiful. The sky was lightening and the stars were slowly dissapearing. I adjusted my knapsack on my shoulder, looking up at my prison of 16 years. Could I possibly be making a mistake? I highly doubt that anything could be worst that the life I have, or the life I am abandoning. I hadn't long before the mansion comes to life, before the servants start bustling around, and before servant Elizabeth knocks my bedroom door to send in my breakfast. I took a deep breath, inhaling the dry, cold november air. 

5, I said my silent goodbyes.

4, I turned my back and swiftly climbed over the gates.

3, I shuffled to sneak a last glance at the majestic gates, the gates which served as my barrier from the outside world. 

2, I gripped onto my knapsack, steadied myself and ran 

1, servant Elizabeth's shrieks pierced through the dawn.

 


I hope you enjoyed this chapter! the adventure has now begun! 


Better? :