His Past

What Is Love?

“Is it because I'm not pretty? Not wealthy? Not skinny? I don't believe those are traits I don't own. Look at me! What on earth could I possibly lack! I-”

“Stop.” Cold, dry, heartlessly, left his lips.

How can I ever love you? If you were the slightest bit lovable I’d have fallen for you somewhere in our 5-year “relationship.”

If it wasn’t for her threats and the beyond-complicated situation, Kai would have had ended his misery with the insane woman a long time ago. 


Kai made his way to the door after hearing the doorbell ring, grabbing his gun on the way. He couldn't explain how, but he felt calm and prepared. He opened the door, and infront of him stood his partner. 

"What are you doing here?" Kai says as always.

"Tell me why you don't love me" she said, her voice wavering with emotion, "tell me why you're leaving me!" 

She stared at him with glistening eyes, Kai stared back emotionlessly. 

"Do you really need an explanation? Can't you see I never had the slightest bit of interest in you and all you've caused me was pain?!" Kai was enraged. 

"NO I DON'T! All I've done was love you, want you and mindlessly stood by you. I'm pretty, smart, wealthy beyond means and yet i don't feel the slightest bit appreciated by you!" 

“So tell me, tell me why!’ she cried. “Because I do not understand. I have never understood. And I will never understand.”

Tears started running down her cheeks.

“Not even with an explanation,” she fell to the ground.

“But I’d like one anyway,” she whimpered.

Kai was speechless, taken aback. He watched the vulnerable and weak lady, the one whom appeared only a few times during their relationship, the one whom he saw humanity and sane-ness in. The one whom partly served a reason why he had endured her for so long. 

He took a deep breath; this girl, I’d be doing good for her. I’d be doing good for you, he thinks, glancing at her; trying to convince himself as well. His clammy hands shifted, his finger curled, and pulled the trigger on his gun.

---------------------

I laid in the icy, hard cold. Snowflakes frolicked down my face. It didn’t cause any pain, it covered my tears. Or perhaps, they were my tears freezing on the surface of my cheeks.

Pain numbed me. But now, at least my heart isn’t alone.

Why am I out here? Why am I enduring this pain?

Then, I remembered.

I was waiting for her piercing images to fade, to be scarred by the cold

 


a bucket full of drama for the first chapter to get things going! drama may or may not be explained in further chapters. thanks for reading! :) comment down below what you think of the assasination? i think it's quite hilarious.