25.

Amor et Magicam (Love and Magic)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“We’re dead” this is enough to make me back out from the act that Sophia has planned. To be honest, I still can’t figure out why I agreed to take part in it when the mere fact that they are different is already a good and valid reason not to trust or even be in connection with them.

Maybe it’s my “not-yet-clear-feelings” for her or our being “destined” that up until now I’m surprised about, are the reasons, but what I’m sure of is that I’m already in this situation, I got myself involved with no one forcing me. I guess all I have to do is it up and hope that when all this ends, Sophia and I will somehow be given a chance to be together, freely and without any problems.

“Calm down Sophia” she keeps on walking back and forth in front of me while biting her nails in nervousness and worry.

“I’m done” she said, facing me, her eyes filled with fear. I’ve never seen her like this.

Hoping that she’ll calm down, I stood up from the couch, walk towards her then grip her shoulders when I reached her, I gave it a light squeeze and smiled “Don’t say that” I’m pretending to be cool when I’m also scared “We’ll do good….I will do my very best to be convincing…while you stay calm and just do what is planned”

Truth is, I’m no actor. Well, I had formal training before and is complimented by many after seeing some of Big Bang’s and my own music videos, especially in Haru-Haru and Crooked, but this isn’t your typical music video, tomorrow, I will not have cameras in front of me or surrounding me, the concept of the whole act is still a blur and no one will direct me in detail on what to do. There are a lot at stake here and mistakes are not to be done.

Morning came and my day started early as usual. It’s been this way for months now since I’m preparing for another comeback. I feel so tired from everything that’s happening in my life but there’s no time to rest.

“Aigoo Jiyong-ah” Ji Eun Noona said while watching me being dolled up for a photo shoot.

“What Noona?” I asked curiously.

She shook her head then hissed “Did you play around with your friends too much last night? Look at you! You’re just like Seungri with those very visible dark circles” she said and I just give out a laugh.

What the team knows is that I asked for a half day off yesterday to unwind a bit. If only they know that I got myself in a very critical and dangerous situation, I’m sure that they’ll flip out.

Last night, I went home an hour after Sophia’s mother left. I’m expecting for us to finalize our plan but it turns to be very intense when she started freaking out and being so imaginative of what might happen in the party. I comforted her by continuously telling that everything is going to be all right. Sleep didn’t really hit me as well for I started freaking out and feeling so scared that I just keep on tossing and turning around in bed.

“I haven’t seen Sophia since the first photo shoot….did she call sick again? Aigoo…that kid…she’s always missing” one of my staffs said.

I cleared my throat then leaned forward to the mirror “She’s off to somewhere…I asked her to run some errands for me instead of going here…after all…she’s got nothing much to do here anyway” I said without looking at them.

Actually, Sophia is just in the apartment. I messaged her this morning not to come to work anymore and just relax before the big and nerve-wracking introduction party this evening.

The clock is ticking way too fast, that a whole morning of outfit changing, posing and smiling in front of the camera seems to be in fast forward.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to accompany you?” Manager Hyung asked while I’m fixing my things.

I patted his shoulder “Don’t worry about me Hyung…I’ll just be at home anyway...I’m not planning on going out tonight” I lied.

This is insane! I cannot believe that I’m lying to excuse myself from work. This is the second time I’m cancelling rehearsals and it has never happened before.

When I arrived at the apartment, Ava welcomed me by saying that Sophia locked herself in my room (it’s mine, technically, right?) and won’t open the door no matter how she beg.

“Sophia!” I called out then knocked “Open up! It’s Jiyong….we’re running late already”

The clock reads 6 in the evening already which means we only got a couple more hours before the party. According to Ava, Sophia is already set for the night, thing is, panic and nervousness hit her all of a sudden, causing her to act like this.

“Here Jiyong” Ava gave me the key to the room and I opened the door right away. Sophia is lying face front on the bed with her arms spread widely.

“Gosh!” Ava shook her head then looked at me “She’s using magic on herself…no wonder she’s not responding to us no matter how loud we’re calling her” she said, building up my curiosity.

She looks normal to me. I wonder how Ava can sense or say that she’s using magic on herself.

“Watch” she walked towards Sophia who by they way is still motionless then pinched her arm and there’s no reaction, after that, she grabbed a hardbound book from the study table and smacked her on the head, again, no reaction. This is really freaky but at the same amazing.

“W…w…w…why….is….she…” I can’t voice myself out well that all I can do is stare at her in awe.

Ava sighed heavily “She used a zoning off spell…that’s commonly used by Witches whenever they’re feeling uneasy or if they want to be left alone in their own world…right now Sophia can’t hear us…we can pretty much say that she’s somewhere far from reality but don’t worry…I can disturb the spell and snap her out of it…I just wish that her energy isn’t that strong coz if it is…there’s no way for us to get her back…meaning…we’ll have to wait till she decides to snap out on her own”

It seems like being a Supernatural is really fun for they are capable in doing so many things that humans can only wish on doing.

Please log in to read the full chapter