26.

Amor et Magicam (Love and Magic)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Is this just a set up? Did they invite us here so that we can meet? Why are they doing this? Seriously, what’s with the sudden matchmaking and marriage thing? As far as I know, I’m very vocal in telling that I’m not ready to be in a relationship and marriage is still so far from my mind. I really can’t get why they’re pushing me to this man who I haven’t met and sure to hate not because of being him but because my family is trying to push me to him.

“What are we going to do now?” G-dragon looks worried and nervous.

In all fairness to him, he’s really playing this whole act so well that even I, is convinced. Our clan adores him, I know it, even though they’re holding back for he’s human, the fact that they welcomed him warmly which by the way, rarely happens, is enough to tell that they are good with him.

“I don’t know” we stared into each other’s eyes for I don’t know how long. He can feel my nervousness and panic, and I got to thank him for he’s trying to stay calm, if only I can be like that as well.

It didn’t take long. Nana and Pops walked in the room with us still at the balcony. We can see them through the glass sliding doors.

“There’s your Mother” he pointed at her who is walking behind Nana, walking holding hands with my Father.

Seeing her is making me rage in anger. How can she do this to me? This is by far the most disrespectful thing she’s done and I just cannot believe that she was able to do this. We’ve had a lot of misunderstandings in the past, even up until now, but never have I imagined my Mother to force me to something I really don’t want. .

Ava peeked out the door after a while “Sophia” she called, her voice worried.

I stared at her, anger and nervousness so visible in my eyes, took a deep breath and grabbed G-dragon’s hand “We’ll be there in a minute”

I’m shaking, my palms are sweaty and my heart is pounding so hard in my chest it hurts to breathe. This is really taking a toll on me and I’m struggling to get out.

“GD” I faced him, my hand holding his tightly. I grabbed the other one as well “Whatever happens tonight…promise me you’ll stay beside me”

This is the very first time I ever want somebody to stay beside me so badly. I haven’t asked this much of a favor to anyone, not to my parents when I’m still a kid whenever I’m scared, and even to Ava who I trust the most.

He gave out a small smile and pulled me close to him. I let go of his hands and he wrapped his arms around me in an instant. I’ve never felt so warm before. There’s really something about human hugs because with the Supernaturals, it kinda feel cold and insincere.

“Don’t be afraid…I’m here” he whispered in my ear while my back gently that is very calming.

It wasn’t awkward which is surprising for we never really talked about being touchy. All we know is that we have to hold hands once in a while.

After calming me down, that worked even just a bit, we walked in the room hand in hand with bright smiles – the ones couples always have on their faces – and went to my parents who are talking to my Aunties and Uncles. I still don’t have the guts to approach the Ancestors who are with a family of Wizards, sitting on the couch in the middle of the room and chatting happily.

“Mother…Father” I started shaking but G-dragon stopped it by holding my hand tightly.

“Sophia!” Father’s cheerfulness is refreshing. I missed him so much for the last time we saw each other, we didn’t have the chance to catch up for I went back to the apartment right away.

“Hi” I greeted awkwardly and he spread his arms, telling me to hug him. G-dragon’s hand loosened and I threw myself to my Father.

“It’s been so long” he said while hugging me tightly “I missed you”

This is what I’m talking about. A while ago, when G-dragon hugged me, I feel warm in a snap, and now I’m hugging my Father and I’m expecting to feel warm too, much warmer actually, but it’s not what it is for I didn’t even feel anything which is really strange.

“I see a superstar behind you” he said after the hug while looking over my shoulder.

My heart started beating so fast again. This is it. Our act needs to be up another level for my Father is one of the most important people to convince.

Nervous and a little shaky, I stepped back and stood beside G-dragon. We held hands automatically and looked at each other. The smiles on our faces haven’t faded and I’m telling you, it can fool anybody but of course not us for we both know what each other is really feeling.

“Father…” I tighten my hold on G-dragon’s hand, breath in and out until I calm a little, and smile “This is Kwon Jiyong…my…boyfriend” I finally blurted out.

G-dragon reached out his hand to my Father and they shook hands. My parents are good in interacting with humans although they don’t mingle with them that much. From the way Father looks, I can tell that he’s pretty shocked about what’s happening for I’m sure not even in his wildest imagination has he seen me being in a relationship with a human, especially not with a popular one.

“Nice to meet you Jiyong...” Father is sporting a smile that he only gives to people he likes “Oh! Is it all right to call you in your real name or do you prefer being called as G-dragon?” he asked kindly.

G-dragon chuckled “You can call me Jiyong Sir”

I’ve never called him in his real name, maybe I did once but that’s just it. I bet it’s going to be a lot of work to get used to it.

Unlike Father, Mother is a little distant. From the time we approached Father up until now, she hasn’t said a word, all she does is look at us once in a while, listen to our conversations then go back to chatting with my Aunties and Uncles again. What’s with her?

“Can I borrow Sophia for a while Jiyong?” she said all of a sudden with her hand circling my arm.

I looked at her strangely. What is she thinking? I better connect with her fast.

Wait.

Please log in to read the full chapter