24.

Amor et Magicam (Love and Magic)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’m dead.

“Mother!” now I know why Cousin Sun looks so tense. What am I going to do now?

It’s only been days since I last saw my Mother, and we didn’t part nicely, now she’s here, seeing me with a human that I’m sure she loathes even before she ever get to know him.

“What are you doing here?” I need to keep my cool because if not, I’ll be equally disrespectful as I am the last time and I really don’t want that to happen again.

I’m playing it cool but she’s not coz I can easily tell just by looking at her eyes that she’s on fire. Beads of sweat appeared of my forehead even though I feel cold. This is going to be a long night.

She’s looking at me intently then to my “mate” who she’s familiar to, of course, “I’m here to check on you” her pixie voice sounds soothing to human ears but to mine, it’s frightening for I know that she’s not just going to check on me, but something more than that.

G-dragon stayed silent. Like me, he’s surprised and shocked upon my Mother’s sudden appearance. We haven’t prepared for any kind of family meeting yet and this is definitely a test on how good we can act. I wish for us to do good coz if not, there’s no point in continuing this act anymore.

“Good Evening Mr. Kwon” Mother greeted with a bow then smiled.

He did the same “Good Evening Mrs. Cho”

I feel like fainting. All my nerves are pent up, my heart is pounding in my throat, making it so hard to breathe. Why do I feel like I’m the one who’s going to screw everything for me? Maybe I should just drop the act and let them marry me to a Wizard for my plan of having a fake mate is totally stupid coz not only am I breaking a law, I’m involving the man that I truly cared for who is so innocent just to get out of a situation that I know will still happen sooner or later.

And because I’m caught up and don’t know what to do at all, I invited Mother back inside the apartment with G-dragon and Cousin Sun in tow. Ava, in her cat form, is on the floor, next to the display rack, eyes fixed at me nervously. I can feel her from far away.

“Do you want something to drink…or eat?” I asked, full of tension. Mother shook her head “I’m full” her simple answers are what make me scared.

G-dragon and I chose to sit beside each other on the long leather couch while my Mother sits opposite from us. Her eyes are glued to mine, making me feel really awkward. I know what she’s doing, this is her way to let me know that she’s watching my every move, more like a warning to not get caught if ever I’m up to something.

“How are you doing?” my voice is so shaky. It’s obvious that I’m being eaten by my nerves, raw.

Mother took a deep breath “Well…I’m sure you know and can see very clearly that I’m not good”

 “Look Mother” I moved forward a bit, breathe deeply with my eyes closed then exhaled heavily “I know that things are not going so well between us and if you’re here to talk about that matter again…I just want to tell you that…I really am not for it…because…” I choked. I don’t think I can lie. Well, I can surely lie for I’m used to lying to them but I don’t think I can involve G-dragon in this mess. I guess I just have to drop the plan.

“Because…” I can’t think of any reason that is valid and will be taken by her lightly.

Sweat trickled on my back, my heart pounced and my eyes went big. G-dragon reached for my hand in a swift move and intertwined his fingers to mine. It made me look at him, shocked and curious as to what he’s going to do next.

He looked at me, winked as if telling me “I got it” then patted my cheek with his free hand lightly. Cousin Sun gasped upon seeing it, while my Mother just stayed silent.

“She’s with me” G-dragon turned his head to h

Please log in to read the full chapter