Chapter 8

Café et Dessert

“Are you alright? You seem… I don’t know, different.”

It was during the late afternoon that Sehun came over to help out at the café after his classes. As soon as he entered, he felt like there was something going on between his best friend and the petite male. When Kyungsoo was serving other customers with a smile, Jongin would sneak a few peeks at him and smile to himself. When Kyungsoo turned to find Jongin looking at him, his cheeks would flush and he would smile back. It must have something to do with whatever happened last night.

“Really? I feel the same as always.” Jongin hummed back as he fixed another cup of cappuccino while smiling to Sehun.

“Okay, now you’re just creeping me out. Spill it. What happened last night? You did send Kyungsoo home right? I swear if you just left him to his own Luhan will strangle and kill you before feeding you to the lions.”

“Relax. I sent him home, all the way into his room. And by the way, Luhan hyung doesn’t have nearly enough strength to even scratch me, let alone strangle me.”

Sehun narrowed his eyes at the person he calls his best friend before turning to serve another customer.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Luhan thinks that you should hire someone. This place is getting too much for you and Kyungsoo to handle alone. I mean, it was hard enough when you just had coffee on your menu, but with Kyungsoo’s desserts pulling in people like a magnet, there’s just no way you guys can do this on your own.”

“Hey when I hired Kyungsoo that was an exception. I’m not going to get someone else. Soon, everyone will think that they can just get a job here and there’ll be a bunch of girls here to flirt while eating my money.”

At that moment, Luhan entered the store with a fairly good looking guy in tow. He looked shy, with deep dimples on the right side of his cheek. His build was quite toned, possible more toned than Jongin. Their entrance made a few heads turn into their direction, some even started drooling at the sight of the new comer.

“Another thing, Luhan wasn’t suggesting that you hire someone. He was deciding it for you.”

“Sehunnie! How’s work? This place is packed!” As usual, Luhan goes over to Sehun and pecks him on the lips.

“Other than the three of us not being able to handle the amount of people coming in and orders piling up and making it hard to breathe, yeah everything’s great!”

“Jongin! I believe Sehun has told you of my proposal, no? This is Zhang Yixing, my friend for China. He’s going to start schooling here in Korea, and he needed to find a part-time job, so I recommended your café, and it seems like you really need the help.” Luhan smiled brightly at Jongin while pushing his friend, now known as Yixing, forward. Yixing immediately bowed at Jongin and Sehun, not wanting to seem rude.

“I’m Yixing, Luhan’s friend. Erm, I hope I won’t be of any trouble. Luhan said you don’t usually hire people, so if you feel uncomfortable with me here, I can just find another job. It’s fine really.”

Jongin stared at him for a moment or two, analyzing his soon-to-be employee, before looking up at Luhan. Thinking back to Kyungsoo’s words, he decided to first try to get into Luhan’s good books.

“It’s no problem. Since you’re a friend of Luhan hyung, I’ll make an exception. Anyway we really need the extra help. You’ll be the waiter. When can you start?”

Sehun and Luhan turned to Jongin in surprise. Where has the cold-hearted Jongin gone to? Was this the same Jongin who turned down every single person, no matter who they were, where they come from or how much help they could be to him?

And so it was decided that Yixing would join their small crew, starting the next day. As they closed the shop, Kyungsoo finally had time to introduce himself to his new colleague. The five of them talked about random stuff while cleaning up, but it was not long until Jongin and Kyungsoo worked up the courage to inform everyone of their new relationship.

“Hey guys, I have something to tell you.” Everyone turned their attention to the boss of the café.

“Kyungsoo and I are dating. We hope that you guys won’t mind. Especially you, Luhan hyung.” Luhan stared at Jongin before turning to Kyungsoo, gesturing him to the kitchen for a private conversation.

“Is this what you want? I mean, you’ve only known him for less than a month.” Luhan asked Kyungsoo worriedly.

“I don’t know actually. But every time I think about him my heart beats faster, and when I’m with him it’s like he takes my breath away…”

Luhan let out a sigh before giving his baby cousin a hug, showing that he’ll support him and be by his side no matter what.

“But you’ll need to tell Suho as well. He should know.” Luhan told him before going back to the group, leaving Kyungsoo there to figure out what he meant.


[A/N] Soooooooooo, Luhan approves!! And here comes Yixing!! So...... this story is going completely different from the way I originally planned. But, nothing ever goes your way right?? I know I'm a little late updating this (what a surprise). Ok so school is starting next week and I really wanted to update this before then so, I'll try my best to update every one or two weeks!! It'll most probably be on a Tuesday or Wednesday as that's when my schedule is relatively slack. Many thanks to you guys for sticking to this ty fic for so long... Can't believe anyone even reads this. Thanks once again. And to new readers, WELCOME!!! Til' next week or the week after then~~~

Please comment and subscribe~~~ ^^