Chapter 7

Café et Dessert

As the morning sun rose, it started nagging at Jongin to wake up to a brand new day. Jongin scrunched his nose a little before cracking one eye open, and then the other. After adjusting to the bright light for a moment, he tries to sit up and stretch, only to realize that he is not able to move. Looking down at the weight on top of him, Jongin smiles to himself as he remembered the night before.

The night before

“Erm… I guess I’ll take the couch tonight.” Kyungsoo stated, starting to sit up.

“Wait, no! I’m the one intruding, I should take the couch!” Jongin replied, not wanting Kyungsoo to feel uncomfortable. He had already caused so much trouble, staying the night, borrowing clothes that don’t fit, and now taking the bed?

“I’m the host; I should at least make my guest feel comfortable.” Kyungsoo insisted.

The two kept insisting the other take the bed, even snatching the extra pillows from each other.

“H-how about… we s-share the b-bed?” Kyungsoo stuttered heavily, immediately regretting what he said. What if Jongin didn’t want to share a bed? Sure, they’ve kissed but to someone like Jongin that wouldn’t mean anything, right? What if Jongin thought of him as a ert, or worse, someone who is willing to throw their body at others for attention?

Meanwhile, Jongin stood there, staring at Kyungsoo and judging whether or not this is real and not a prank? “A-are you sure? I mean, it’s not that I don’t want to, but you don’t have to force yourself to make me feel comfortable, you know?”

After Kyungsoo nodded his head to assure Jongin that he is fine with it, actually he may even want it, the two started preparing to sleep. As Kyungsoo turned off the lights, Jongin slipped under the comforter, holding it up and opening his arms to allow Kyungsoo some space. Kyungsoo shyly got into Jongin’s arms, heartbeat steadily increasing as the distance between them decreased.

The two unconsciously shifted closer to one another, seeking the others’ warmth, and eventually they were cuddling, with Kyungsoo head on Jongin’s chest while the taller had him in a protective embrace. Kyungsoo felt safe as he listened to Jongin’s steady heartbeat as if it was a lullaby.

“Hyung? Are you still awake?” Jongin whispered, as if any sound would break the moment.

“Hmm… What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo murmured back, using the same quietness as Jongin.

“What does this make us? Are we… dating?” The uncertainty could be heard in Jongin’s voice, as well as the hopefulness.

“Hmm… Do you want that? Or are you just playing with me?” Kyungsoo blurted out before he could process his thoughts.

“I would never play with your feelings! I’m totally seriously!” Jongin felt shocked and slightly hurt that Kyungsoo would think of him like that. This is the first time he has ever felt like this in years, almost a decade.

“Then let’s go out. But, you need to pass a test first. And let me tell you it’s not easy.”

“Anything! No test is too hard if it’s for you.”

“You have to get approval from Luhan-hyung. Even if you guys are friends he would not go easy on you.” Kyungsoo found out that he really liked teasing Jongin. It made him feel like he has control over the younger, which is a fairly nice feeling.

“Alright then. I shall do everything in my power to please him. Besides, I have Sehun on my side!”

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but agree with Jongin on that. No matter how stubborn Luhan is, he instantly turns into someone who does anything and everything with just one word from his beloved Sehun.

 

Thinking back, Jongin realized the feelings he has for Kyungsoo now felt strangely familiar, as if his heart beat the same way it did a long time ago, back when he was just a kid. However, before Jongin had a chance to ponder about it, his angel woke up from his slumber.

“Good morning princess. Had a nice rest?” Jongin teased, taking in the view of Kyungsoo waking up in his arms, still looking as cute as when he is sober.

“Good morning to you too, my prince. I slept fine, how about you?” Kyungsoo played along, instantly smiling as the first thing he saw was the beautiful smile on Jongin’s handsome face.

“Thanks to a snoring person lying on me, I couldn’t sleep very well. What should I do? Make that person take responsibility?”

“I don’t snore! And you were the one hugging me; of course I had no choice but to lie on you! Why should I take responsibility?” Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks out, feeling disbelief in the fact that Jongin accused him of such a thing.

Jongin laughed at the sight of Kyungsoo acting so cute so early in the morning, pecking him on the lips as a silent apology.

At that moment, the couple felt like this was something they would like to do every day.


[A/N] Surprise!!! After months of procrastinating (why do I not learn from my mistakes??? T^T) I have FINALLY updated this fic! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Yeah I'm sorry you guys have to wait so long for this. This is kinda like a filler chapter. Soooooo, I was gonna add a llittle bit of drama here and there, but then I think it's time this story ended. So the plot will be go by quite fast for the next few chapters. I'm amazed by how you guys kept reading this useless story, so THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!! vicsyah even PMed me to update the story!! Wow I can't believe you guys actually wanna read this... I feel like this story is really different from the one I had planned in the very beginning, but then again nothing ever goes your way right? OK that's all from me for now. I'll update real soon, hopefully by next week. SEE YOU GUYS SOON (Hopefully)!!! Thanks again for the support!!

Pls comment lots and subcribe~~~