Chapter 1

Trust

Chapter 1 

"How was the interview?"

"Bad."

"Oh, come on."

"It was horrible. Reporters nowadays don't even understand respect." Yuri jerked the car door open with a look on contempt on her face.

"What'd they ask you?" Her chauffeur asked, climbing into the driver seat beside Yuri.

"One of them tried to start a rumor about me and Wooyoung." Yuri deadpanned, shaking her leg out of habit as Hyomin pulled out of there car park.

"Really?" Hyomin tutted as she cruised down the road.

"So, I heard that Sunhwa talked to you about going on a short hiatus?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow's the start. The interview just threw me off the edge. Before that, the fans, you know, they were the only thing egging me on to continue my career without rest, but I realised that I can't do it. I need a short break. Can you inform Wooyoung for me?"

Yuri didn't really want to see the look on her manager's face showing pure disapproval at her hiatus.

Work, only work!

Wooyoung's favourite phrase was of such.

"Okay. I'll pass by his house later and drop off the message."

"Thanks, Hyomin."

Hyomin smiled.

"Yuri, tomorrow you're going to be free, right?"

Yuri nodded.

"Try going to school. Learn something."

"Go to Dongguk? I'd get mobbed." Yuri said disbelievingly, originally maybe thinking of asking Jessica out for a drink or something.

Her girlfriend enjoyed coffee as much as she did.

"Try it. It's something new." Hyomin urged, parking the car by the side of the road.

"It's a nice feeling to be one of the students again, learning, absorbing new information." Hyomin advised, pressing the button that opened the door for Yuri.

"Okay, I'll try." promised Yuri.

Jessica could wait.

Hyomin was her part-advisor as well and one knew to trust Hyomin's information because they were either very true or true.

*

Yoona rolled off the side of her bed, slapping her hand on the blinking digital object by her bedside.

She swung her legs off the mattress and ran a hand through her hair, staggering slightly to the mirror.

She had purposely set the alarm early today to get notes for both Sunny and her.

Maybe it was just the way Yoona was, but she hated crowds. She hated when all the students were in school and they talked in high, annoying voices, running all around the university compound like people who belonged in the asylum.

Walking to the washroom to wash up, she frowned at her swollen face and splashed some water onto it.

Remained exactly the same.

A deeper frown creased her features and she went out to get changed and grabbed a pastry from the counter before leaving for school.

Within a ten minute walk, she was outside the metal gates.

Good thing that school opened early.

She walked in, making straight for her professor's office.

She rubbed the remaining sleep from her eyes, still not entirely awake yet. Her brain was moving in slow motion and she had trouble comprehending things in the morning.

Just as she knocked on the door, she felt an impact crash into her and she staggered backward, but firm hands were there, catching her shoulders before she could fall.

However, her coffee and belongings didn't have enough luck. They fell onto the floor, her coffee spilling out of the cup.

Yoona blinked, once, twice, before she her lips and steadied herself.

"I...uh...I can...stand?" Yoona muttered, stepping out of the girl's grip.

The girl's face was a little red but she managed a brief grin and a 'you're okay, right?'

Yoona gave a nod.

The girl who had knocked into her started to kneel down and gather Yoona's notes as well.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to knock into you like that--I was just in a hurry." The girl said hurriedly, sweeping up the notes in one swift motion before handing them to Yoona.

Yoona was still a little slow and she just nodded, but after her mind cleared, she blinked again.

"You..."

That face was painfully familiar. She knew that face...It was linked closely to Sunny...She had seen it on a phone screen before and...

"Kwon Yuri?"

Yoona asked softly, her voice almost cracking.

The girl gave a crooked smile, "Yeah," before tucking a thick strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh." Yoona's eyes flitted to the ground.

All her life she had been complaining about how Yuri had gotten so much attention from adults or children alike, won so many music contests or had the top position at all music charts, but now she kind of had a grasp of it.

Yuri had that attitude that was admirable. That attitude that showed that she was willing to improve herself and help others, just like she had done so for Yoona.

(It was not only the values of Kwon Yuri, but also her appearance but Yoona wasn't going to admit that. She found Yuri's smile lines cute and her smile just caused warmth to course through Yoona and heat her in unthinkable places.)

"So, I'll get going, first?" Yuri asked, slinging her bag over one shoulder before she brushed some dust off her shirt.

"Hu--oh, yeah. See you around?" Yoona offered lamely, nodding as Yuri gave her a brief smile before heading off.

"Yeah. See you around, Blanky. Remember, I owe you a cup of coffee."

Yoona only blinked again at the nickname that Yuri had given her, but when she turned around, a small smile had unknowingly made its way onto her face.

Blanky?

*

"Yuri?"

"Yeah."

"Where are you? Want to go out and catch some coffee? 3Vo has nothing today."

3Vo was the group that had Tiffany, Taeyeon and Jessica in it. Three powerful vocalists with three different volumes. Tiffany was the alto and base, whereas Taeyeon and Jessica were the treble and soprano. They made good music, and were the only competitor that had the chance to compete with Yuri on music shows. The rest were either too lousy or had talent but appealed little to the public.

"Okay, I'm on break anyway."

She'd gotten her worksheets anyway, she could study back at her dormitory anyway after going out with Jessica.

"I heard. So, Starbucks?"

"Good enough."

Yuri shut her phone and slid it into her pocket before she set off for the nearby coffee shop.

*

"Hold your horses. You met Kwon Yuri?" Sunny asked, mouth opening slightly as she scrambled forward.

"Uh...yeah." Yoona said awkwardly, scratching at her head.

"No...Kwon Yuri? The one you think is a big talentless idiot?" Sunny asked, eyes widening.

"Yeah, more or less. But she's okay--"

Sunny's mouth fell open totally.

"Kwon Yuri, oh my god. I...I don't..." she got up and started to pace around the empty classroom.

 Because of Yoona's hatred for crowds, Sunny was forced to stay in classrooms during lunch periods, but she didn't mind so much since they spent most of their time chatting anyway.

Seohyun, apparently who had a boyfriend called Yonghwa, stuck to him like glue and they hardly saw her around anymore.

"It wasn't a very long meeting, she just knocked into me--"

"Oh my god, I would kill for her to knock into me." Sunny trapped her face in her palms and groaned.

Yoona managed a 'oh, okay' before Sunny was fangirling about Yuri again and Yoona had to listen, per normal.

It was like a one for one trade: Sunny stayed with Yoona during school hours and kept her company; Yoona listened to rants about Yuri and how unfair it was that Yoona had met Yuri instead of Sunny.

And she's positive that she's never listened to Sunny that intently about the idol before.

*

"Americano?" smiled Jessica as Yuri pulled out the chair and settled down.

Yuri grinned, "Yeah."

She leant across the table to press her lips against Jessica's, smiling against Jessica's lips as Jessica brought up a hand to curl around Yuri's neck.

It was still early so there were little people in the cafe, hopefully, and they were both in disguises that looked entirely different from their usual selves. Even if they were recognized, rumors of both of them had been clarified by their company and everyone knew that Jessica and Yuri were a couple.

"You've been okay?" Yuri asked, tearing a pack of sugar that she dumped into her coffee, stirring afterward.

"Quite, Leeteuk earned us a gig somewhere off in Busan." Jessica replied.

"That's good. I'm on hiatus, Wooyoung told 3Vo, didn't he?"

"Yeah," Jessica waited a while before she asked, "Why, though?"

"Too many offers, too many CFs, too many dramas, too many modeling--"

"Don't sound so full of yourself." Jessica laughed, but she, as an idol, understood Yuri well enough.

"Wooyoung allowed you?"

"No, not exactly. I did it without his permission. I got Hyomin to tell him."

Jessica nodded in understanding and sipped at her own cup of caramel coffee.

"You free the whole day?" Yuri asked, smiling as Jessica reached out to place her hand over Yuri's warm one.

"Whoole day," emphasized Jessica.

"You should come to my house later," smiled Yuri.

"More than happy to," Jessica muttered, leaning in to mould their lips together again, tongues clashing.

Yuri sometimes wondered, how it would be like if she and Jessica's relationship wasn't solely focused on , but after all, there was nothing unpleasant about it.

*

"She asked with her eyes more than her lips..."

"Why do you have to memorise everything? Aren't you the director?" Seohyun asked curiously, seating herself down beside Yoona, who was looking at her script again.

"I might need to fill in for someone if they're sick or something..."

"But you don't have to say their lines!"

"I need to make sure that I get the flow of the story and everything, so I need to make sure that I memorise the whole script word for word." Yoona said stubbornly.

Sunny was probably attending to Hara again, Yoona ceased to know, so she had called Seohyun over instead.

"You're too hardworking, unnie."

"Thanks, that's never a bad thing."

Seohyun scoffed, tapping her foot against the ground.

"Unnie, did you hear that they're having this large play at the end of the year?"

"No, what play?"

Yoona looked up from her script for the first time that day, curiosity piqued.

She loved directing plays, or maybe even short skits, but if her manager ever allowed her to do movies, she'd swoon and everything.

"They start opting for directors next month."

Yoona nodded, motioning for Seohyun to continue.

"They're looking for these points in the directors. I think I took a picture for you," said Seohyun, switching on her phone and sliding through the photos.

"Okay, here."

 

End Of Year Annual Movie(Director)

Looking for director for the movie.

In conjunction with the graduation of our proud Year 4s or 5s, we have decided to make a movie. Movie can be based on any theme.

Age requirement: 18 [No Rated scenes allowed]

Qualities that we are keeping an eye out for:

- Able to work together with the cast to produce a good movie.
- Communicate well with others. (E.g. Scriptwriter)
- Have at least one year of filming experience.
- Able to produce good, interesting storylines.
- Encouraging, patient.

[Filming sets and locations will be decided by director.
Expenses will be paid for if it is suitable and reasonable.
Worldwide country filming will be approved of if costs are within budget.
Equipment all paid for.]

If you are interested, come up with an interesting storyline and submit your own cast (students within Dongguk University strictly). Remember to ask for their permission before submitting your proposal.

Proposals to be submitted before 130808. (Three months later)

If you understand and are willing to continue, click here for more information about the auditions and proposal.

Thank you,
Sng Jyo Lim,
Head of Filming Departments.

"I think you have a healthy chance, unnie, you should have a go at it." Seohyun said, smiling as Yoona squealed.

"I'm going to be that director," grinned Yoona, sending the email to herself off Seohyun's phone.

"Thanks, Seohyun!"

*

"See you tomorrow, keep the night free for me," whispered Jessica, giving Yuri a fleeting kiss before she started for the door, opening it.

Yuri gave a shaky laugh and staggered to the bed before she laid flat on it, the air still full of Jessica's scent.

It was nothing bad, really, that Jessica had one of the longest staminas Yuri's ever met, but sometimes she just couldn't keep up with Jessica.

She was there one minute, tongue on you, fingers in you, and the next, across the room, tugging on her shorts.

It was confusing, really, to Yuri, but she enjoyed it all the same when Jessica would make her go as long as the latter could.

"Yeah, till tomorrow night."

Yuri could barely make out the sound of an American 'bye!' before her eyelids closed, almost succumbing to sleep.

However, the girl from today which she had knocked into floated into her mind when she closed her eyes.

Since the afternoon, whether it was coffee with Jessica or getting her back pressed against the mattress so hard that abrasions had started to form, Yuri found that that girl had always been at the back of her mind, distracting her.

"You're not at your best today," Jessica had muttered while trailing her tongue up the length of Yuri's earlobe.

Rather than feeling or the normal heat build, Yuri just felt a little guilty for thinking of that girl when it was Jessica making her feel...well, good?

Yuri wondered who that girl was.

She really did wonder.

Maybe if she went back to school tomorrow she'd see her.

Hopefully.

Hopefully she'd see that girl that made Yuri's head spin slightly and her heart beat quicken. There was just something about her blank look in the morning that made Yuri smile slightly to herself. (Hence the nickname 'Blanky'.)

This time, after thinking about the girl, she drifted off to sleep almost immediately.

*

"Seohyun shouldn't have told you about it," sighed Sunny, resting her chin on her palm as she gazed at the girl sitting opposite her.

"Nonsense," Yoona lowered her head once again as she went back to work.

They were in the library, per normal, and there was nobody around.

"What storyline are you coming up with?" Sunny asked, bending her head slightly to look at the document on the computer.

"Don't--"

"Blanky?"

The shadow towered over the sitting Yoona and Yoona almost fell off her seat, grasping onto Sunny's arm just in time before she kissed the floor.

"Oh--uh, Yuri?" Yoona offered lamely, as Sunny's jaw hit the ground.

Yuri shot Yoona that warm smile of hers as she set the plastic cup of coffee down on the table.

"I hope I remembered correctly. White coffee, right?" Yuri asked smilingly.

Yoona opened but closed it again before managing a quiet, "Yeah, thank you."

Yuri's face broke into a greater grin and Yoona saw a light blush feather Yuri's cheeks.

"Yuri, I really am your...uh, fan, I--uh--"

Sunny held out her notebook and a marker to Yuri and Yuri gave her a good-natured grin before scribbling her signature down and pulling out a chair to sit.

Sunny squealed.

"Hey, I..." Yuri started.

"How did you find me?" Yoona asked, closing her computer and setting it away.

"I don't know, maybe it was fate? I wasn't really planning on seeing you here in the library, although I must admit that I wanted to look for you again," Yuri laughed.

"Fate?" Yoona's mouth curved upward into a smile as she drummed her fingers on the table, staring at the wood absentmindedly.

"What's your name?" Yuri asked.

"Uh--Yoona, Im Yoona." Yoona stretched out her hand awkwardly and Yuri took it, a smile on her face.

"What're you here for? I mean, you don't normally come to school." Yoona said, keeping a tight hold on Sunny so that the older did not go bounding after Yuri. (Yoona could already see Sunny start to gush about how gorgeous Yuri was.)

Yuri gave a shrug, "I just...thought about learning something?"

Yoona nodded, ignoring Sunny slightly to which Yuri gave an amused smile to. ("Oh my god! Do you see her attitude? It's like, so admirable!")

"Oh...so..."

"Yeah. Maybe I should go now?" Yuri asked, grabbing her bag, "I better leave before the fans find out."

Sunny was still convulsing slightly by a corner as she fangirled over Yuri.

"Thank you! Come back again!" shouted Sunny as Yuri bowed slightly to both of them.

Yoona gnawed on her lower lip.

To say?

Or not to say?

To say?

Okay, to say.


"Wait!"

Yuri turned around.

"Thanks for the coffee!"

Yuri laughed, the smile on her face shining right up to her eyes.

"You're welcome, Blanky."


*

There was a reason why Yoona didn't think that having another's tongue in your own mouth was appealing.

She was 19 this year and had never been claimed by another's before, mostly because she avoided it when people tried to plant that sloppy kiss over .

She hated it, she detested it.

She had too many bad memories.

It was all, in a nutshell, cases of a drunken father that led to a leaving mother. Her father didn't exactly get his ual desires satisfied which brought along a traumatized Yoona.

Yes, was definitely by force.

Yoona had experienced it too many times--until the police came, that was.

Yoona hated it whenever she felt somebody actually even laying a finger on her.

Literally.

She would freak out, unless she was sure that she could trust that person wholly.

*

Yuri's phone rang in her pocket and Yuri swiped the screen to unlock her phone.

The Caller ID read: Jang Wooyoung (Manager).

"Hello, oppa?"

"When's your hiatus going to be over?"

"I don't--"

"One month, okay? You have one month before you resume your world tour plans."

"Okay,"

"I'm being fair, right?"

"Yeah."

Wooyoung's voice blended into incessant beepings, only to be replaced by a new set of ringtone.

"Sica?"

"Yuri, do you want to...come over?"

The words were rasped, dry and husky, and Yuri could identify that Jessica was incredibly .

"I--I don't feel like it, Sica, I have homework to do and--"

"I need you. Homework can wait, right?"

Yuri didn't exactly know why she was turning down Jessica's offer either--she supposed that she just didn't feel like it. Not in the mood, maybe.

"I...I can't Sica, why don't you..."

Yuri really wasn't up to it today.

She didn't want to think that it had anything to do with Yoona.

"I'm busy--"

"Please,"

"I can't,"

"Come on,"

"Call Tiffany or something?"

"That's smart, Tiffany's with Taeyeon."

Now, there was a little bit of bitterness in Jessica's voice instead of her normal silkiness and huskiness it possessed.

Yuri could guess why.

Jessica, recently, had been paying more and more attention to Tiffany. 

*