Prologue

Trust
Prologue 
 
"Ms Kwon, you have been invited to the movie premier this Thursday..."
 
"Ms Kwon, you have topped the charts on Music..."
 
"Ms Kwon, Mr Lim has contacted you, he wants you to perform at..."
 
"Ms Kwon, Stacy Payne from the Fashion department needs your opinion..."
 
"Ms Kwon, you have an interview tomorrow at six with..."
 
"Ms Kwon..."
 
Yuri let out a breath and kneeled down before flicking the main switch off.
 
Silence.
 
She sighed, running a hand through her hair as she settled into her chair.
 
There was a light rap on her door and Yuri opened her eyes, blinking wearily.
 
She'd been running on cups of low quality coffee and sugar cubes since yesterday afternoon and Yuri sighed again, resisting the urge to scold Wooyoung for not getting better coffee. This brand hardly kept her awake.
 
Her secretary, Sunhwa's, face poked out from behind the gap in the door.
 
"Ms Yuri...what did you do to--"
 
"I cut them off."
 
"No wonder they're hounding the phone outside," Sunhwa slipped into the room and sat down opposite Yuri.
 
Yuri offered a tired nod before her eyelids started to get heavy.
 
"Ever consider going on hiatus sometime?" Sunhwa asked, "like you know, just being someone normal for once?"
 
Yuri arched an eyebrow, unsure if it was because Sunhwa really meant her well or rather if it was because Sunhwa couldn't stand no more phone calls either.
 
"Hiatus?"
 
"Yeah, you know like what most idols do for a short period of their time. I know you love your job but--"
 
"I don't know, I'll probably consider it."
 
"It'd be nice to stay here and chat, Ms Yuri, but...according to the schedule today...you need to film a variety show in Busan. Pack your things, okay? Chauffeur's here."
 
*
 
"Her live performance is really good," said Sunny in awe as she stared at the phone screen in front of her.
 
"Who?" Yoona looked up from her script and took her hand out of the large bag of tidbits.
 
"Kwon Yuri, that's who," Sunny muttered, before going back to staring intently at the flickering performance.
 
"Kwon...oh." Yoona's eyes found the script again and she read downwards, trying to memorise it all.
 
"You're working too hard. Mr Kim told you to rest." Sunny said, a large idiotic smile on her face (probably from the performance) as she smacked Yoona on the head lightly.
 
"Go watch your own performance," said Yoona, running a highlighter over the page filled with her own notes as well.
 
"Sad that you don't appreciate her music," sighed Sunny, but she asked straight after, "You collecting notes from Mr Kim tomorrow?"
 
Yoona nodded, trailing her highlighter down the page.
 
"Can you help me collect mine, too? I'll be slightly late tomorrow. I need to teach Hara how to get to her new high school." Sunny grinned, pleading with Yoona.
 
"Okay, cause I'm nice." Yoona smiled slightly.
 
"Whatever. I'm gonna head home first. You can call Seohyun or something and ask her over--"
 
"No. She's going to get me to eat her sweet potatoes and watch her cartoons. See you in school tomorrow," laughed Yoona, waving as Sunny gathered her things and set for the door.
 
"Yeah--which reminds me."
 
Sunny stopped at the door, hand on the door frame.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Kwon Yuri is coming to Seoul for a performance do you want to--"
 
"No,"
 
"Hey, I have an extra ticket and Seohyun claims that she has a date! I don't want to ruin her love life or anything..."
 
"When is it?"
 
"After end of term papers. Two months from now. Took me a lot to get those tickets." Sunny said, tapping her fingers against the hardwood.
 
"I'll think about it. If I go, I might leave halfway, though. You know how much I think she's a talentless idiot."
 
Sunny sighed.
 
"Better than nothing. So, it's set, you're going with me."
 
"Suit yourself."
 
*