Epilogue

Trust
Epilogue
 
The remaining few days were difficult to pull through—Yoona and Yuri had to make it through without seeing each other.
 
Yuri, though, had claimed back her inspiration and continued to strive on music shows, whereas Yoona called Yuri in between breaks and smiled once she heard the older girl’s voice.
 
It wasn’t as good as having Yuri there in person, but the best she could have at that time.
 
But they did make it through those torturous few days. 
 
Soon, Yoona was back in Seoul and seriously, there was nothing better than finally seeing each other again.
 
Yuri smiled when Yoona pulled Yuri into her, their lips meeting.
 
“I missed you.” Yoona said simply, the tip of her sneakers reaching Yuri’s as they stood together.
 
Yuri grinned, blushing slightly.
 
“Missed you too.”
 
All the way back home, they were chatting, catching up with each other about the missed one week. They enjoyed laughing about the casts' atrocious English in Switzerland as well. 
 
“How was your filming?”
 
“Did you win on many music shows?”
 
“I heard…”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“You spoke English?”
 
“No, I got Seohyun to…”
 
Once they reached Yuri’s dorm, they stumbled in and the first thing they both caught sight of was the pendant that Yoona had given Yuri quite a long time ago.
 
“Oh, it’s that.” Yoona laughed, walking towards it and it.
 
“I took it out before I went to the airport to get you since I needed something to remind me of you. I missed you that badly.” Yuri slid her fingers into her pockets and shrugged.
 
Yoona laughed, walking back towards Yuri.
 
“You won’t need it anymore,” smiled Yoona, her finger tracing Yuri’s toned muscles through Yuri’s shirt.
 
Yuri looked up quizzically at Yoona, eyebrow cocked.
 
“Well, if you have the real me forever with you, that’s not going to be of any use, right?” Yoona said methodically, leaning in to catch Yuri’s lips with her own.
 
“Yeah,” Yuri breathed between kisses, “It’s…not.”
 
The soft morning light filtered in through the slightly parted bedroom curtains as Yuri and Yoona toppled onto the bed, laughing shyly.
 
Their foreheads rested against each other’s.
 
“I…” Yoona started, but got cut off as her confidence was lost.
 
Yuri smiled, hooking a finger under Yoona’s chin and brushing the strands of hair away from Yoona’s face.
 
Since Yoona was already one third of the way there to saying those three words, Yuri decided to help her out.
 
Their eyes locked.
 
“Love you,” Yuri smiled.
 
Yuri had won Yoona’s trust, and nothing could beat that.
 
Nothing.
 
Yes, it would be difficult since one was a director and the other was an idol, but Yuri was sure that they could cope and make their way through it.
 
Because they had each other’s trust, right?
 
“Right,” Yoona breathed.
 
Yuri had no idea that her thoughts had accidentally slipped off her tongue.
 
Yoona ran her tongue along Yuri’s bottom lip and Yuri’s eyes closed as she heard Yoona assure,
 
“We don’t only have each other’s trust, Yul. We have each other, remember? Everything will be okay, don’t worry.”
 
There was an unspoken promise between both of them—that they’d do every single thing together, go through thick and thin together, share joy, laughter, difficulty and tears together.
 
Because, after all, they had each other’s trust.
 
*
 
Fin.