Giving Birth

Daddy Min one-shot collection

Authour's note: Hey everyone, sorry this took so long but I wasn't sure how to right this enstallment of it.  I have never given birth so I don't know exactly what it's like but I tried my best to write it.  Please excuse all error since I haven't edited it yet.  There will maybe be a couple more enstallments in this before I close it out.  Thanks to everyone who has read and subscribed to this story, love all of you. <3

 

Changmin and I were lounging on our couch, just relaxing before bed.  Mangdong is over at Changmin’s parent’s house because I’m expected to go into labor any time now.  We were both so nervous and excited for our little girl to finally arrive.  I snuggle closer against Changmin, sighing in contentment.

 “Sleepy?” Changmin asks gently, kissing the side of my head. 

Before I can answer though, I’m taken by surprise by a sudden rush of water soaking my sweatpants.

“Oh my God! My water just broke!” I exclaim jumping up, surprising Changmin.

“What?! You’re…you’re having a baby!” Chagmin panics, not sure what to do.

“Changmin! Calm down!” I yell at him, causing him to freeze mid panic.  Just then, I am hit by my first contraction.  Though it’s not too bad yet, it still causes me to groan and have to sit back down.

“Sweetheart, are you ok?” Changmin asks, worry very obviously written all over his face as he sits down next to me, gently rubbing my back since he didn’t know what else to do.

“Call the doctor and tell them we’re coming in and I’m going to go change my pants since these are all wet.” I instruct, Changmin nods in understanding and helps me back off the couch.

I waddle my way to the bedroom and quickly strip out of the pants that I was wearing and put on a new pair.  Just then I am hit by my next spell of contractions, these a little worse than the last.

Right as it’s wearing off, Changmin enters the bedroom. “So the doctor said that we could go now if we want or we can wait until your contractions are closer together.” He explains.

“I just had another one before you entered so we should probably go now.” I say waddling over to where Changmin is standing and wrap my arms around his waist as best as I can.  “We’ll officially be parents soon” I say as he hugs me back. 

“We should probably get going before your contractions get worse” He says gently, letting me go so we can grab the overnight bag we prepared along with the car seat for the baby and head to his car. 

Right when we pull out of the parking garage, I get another contraction.  I scream slightly, they are getting worse now even though this is only the third one though it is longer than the others.   Changmin side glances me, making sure I’m ok.  He reaches over and takes my hand, squeezing it reassuringly.  Thankfully we don’t live that far from the hospital so we got there pretty fast.  After parking, I squeeze Changmin’s hand that is still holding mine, waiting for the next round of contractions to pass. 

“Ready sweetheart?” he asks, making sure I’m ok.  I can tell he’s trying to stay calm and keep his composure for my sake. 

“Yeah, let’s go have a baby” I say and Changmin gets out of the car, moving over to my side to help me out.  “Easy sweetheart” he says, an arm around my waist to help support me as we make our way inside.  When we enter, he helps me into a wheelchair and after we get checked in, they take us to a room.  After I’m hooked up to the machines that monitor everything, they check to see how far I’m dilated.

“Not yet, though if your contractions keep up like this, this is going to be a fairly quick delivery.” One of the nurses said before leaving. 

Changmin is in a chair by the hospital bed holding my hand again.  At this point the pain is undeniable.  I scream, squeezing his hand harder as another contraction happens. 

“I wish there was something I could do to help you” Changmin says softly, still looking worried and sad that I’m in pain and there’s nothing he can do.

“Just stay there and keep holding my hand,” I groan out, panting at how breathless that last contraction made me. 

Another nurse comes in and tells us that I’m close and that it’s not going to be too much longer before they have me start pushing.  About 45 minutes and numerous excruciating contractions later, the doctor comes in and tells me it’s time to start pushing.  They get me situated to start and Changmin stands by watching and looking more hopeless than ever.

Another contraction starts and the doctor instructs me to push through it.

“You’re doing great sweetheart” Changmin encourages and I’m pretty sure I growl at him though I’m so out of it to be able to be sure.

 It goes on like this for sometime more and I’m so exhausted that I don’t think it’s physically possible for me to push anymore.

“You’re almost done sweetheart, just try to keep going” Changmin tries to encourage helplessly, dabbing at my sweaty forehead with a towel.  Just then a contraction worse than the others happens and I scream, giving one final big push and am rewarded with the sound of a baby crying. 

“Congratulations! She’s a healthy baby girl” The doctor announces as they clamp the umbilical cord.  They hand Changmin the scissors to cut it and I can see the tears in his eyes as he does.  I deliver the afterbirth as they clean up our baby and get the papers filled out.  I’m exhausted but after they hand our baby girl to me, all the pain seems worth it.

“She’s perfect,” I say, smiling weakly up at Changmin who is still crying.  He gently brushes a finger over her pink cheek and smiles the brightest smile I’ve seen from him yet. 

“She’s going to be just as beautiful as her mother” He says, bending down to kiss her head and then kisses me sweetly on the lips.

“Here, you’re turn to hold her,” I say, gently shifting the now quiet baby so he can take her, which he promptly does.

“Thank you so much, you’ve given me the greatest gift of all,” He says, tearing up again now that our daughter is in his arms.

“Hi baby girl, it’s daddy, you’re mommy and I are so glad to finally get to meet you” he coos to the baby in his arms.  I wipe my own tears away at the sight and just then our baby starts to fuss so Changmin hands her back to me.  Almost immediately after being placed back in my arms, she latches on to me and starts to feed.

“So what are we going to name her?” I ask, both of us watching her.

“I think you should have the honor of naming her” He says, smiling at us.

“Ok, umm…Minhee…” I say and Changmin’s smile brightens even more, if that’s even physically possible.

“Minhee…I like it” He says, sitting down on the edge of the bed by us. “Welcome to the world Minhee”