First Day Home

Daddy Min one-shot collection

Authors Note: I'll edit later so excuse the spelling and awkwardness.  

 

Today we left the hospital for our first day home with Minhee. The few days in the hospital after she was born were so hectic.  Changmin’s and my family plus all of our friends visited wanting to see the new baby.  So many people passed her around that it felt like we hardly got to hold her ourselves.  It’s safe to say that we were more than ready to get home and spend some time together, just the three of us.  Surprisingly enough though, Minhee has been asleep since we left the hospital.  When we got home, Changmin, who had her car seat, put her into her crib while I went to curl up on the couch. 

“How are you feeling?” Changmin asks, coming back into the living room and joining me on the couch.

“I’m sore still but I’m ok.  It’s nice to be home” I respond, leaning against him and his arm wraps around me, holding me close.  Right when we get settled, we hear a loud crying coming from the nursery. 

I sigh and stand up.  “I’ll go check on her, she might be hungry” I say and make my way to the crying baby. 

After checking her diaper and seeing that it needs to be changed, I promptly do that before settling into the rocking chair that’s in the room to feed her.  Just then Changmin appears, leaning against the doorframe watching us with a loving smile. 

“She’s a hungry little thing, just like her daddy” I comment, smiling back and Changmin chuckles.

“Well if she keeps eating like that, she’s not going to be little for long” Changmin jokes as we both watch our baby girl.  After she’s done, I burp her before settling her back into my arms. 

“Do you want to hold her?” I ask Changmin, who promptly comes further into the room so I can hand him the baby.

“Finally we get you all to ourselves” he coos down at the baby he’s awkwardly holding, still not used to it.

“Here, hold her like this,” I say, adjusting his arms so it’s more comfortable for both he and Minhee.  Minhee is getting sleepy again though; her large doe eyes that are identical to Changmin’s just can’t seem to stay open any longer so he puts her back down into her crib.