We are one

Is It Time To Let Go or To Hold On?

I slowly opened my eyes to see darkness around me. I tried to focus my eyes in the dark to see where I was. But no matter how much I tried to focus my eyes in the darkness I was still incapable to see through the darkness. I moved my hands around the area around me trying to get hints as to where I am. All I felt was a soft smooth type of fabric that I automatically recognized as silk. I knew that if I didn’t shift immediately I will never find out where I am. Breathing in slowly I felt my body slowly change into my demon form. Once my eyes were open I saw I was in a room with black silk covering everything. I looked down and saw I was on a black silk blanket that was covering a king sized bed. My feet softly and slowly touch only for me to notice that there was black silk on the floor too. I walked straight ahead towards an outline of a black door that was covered by black silk. A sudden crash across the room quickly grabbed my attention. When I turned my head my eyes met with bloody red ones with black tears coming out of them. Fear filled my body when the person walked out of the dark corner they were hiding in. My eyes ran over their face, it took me a while to finally understand that I was looking at an exact replica of me. They opened their mouth as if they wanted to tell me something but no sound came out their mouth. We both walked to each other slowly with our arms stretched out. I watched as our hands met and as our fingers enlaced with each other. My eyes slowly moved up to her eyes, “We are one.”, was the first three words that came out . I repeated what she said, “We are one.” Our hands began to glow as she walked closer and closer until her whole body walked right into mine and disappeared in my body. I gasped filling a wave of power go through my body. My eyes met with the mirror in front of me. I walked slowly to it not believing what I was seeing. I looked in the mirror again to see myself with the same bloody red eyes with black tears rolling down my face. A dark mist was surrounding my body and over my shoulder you could see a man with a twisted smile and with pitch black eyes. “Never forget that we are one.” Is what he said before I fainted.

Loud banging woke me up from my deep frightening slumber

“NARAA!!! ARE YOU IN THERE???!!!!” a voice screamed

Nara? Who’s Nara? Are they talking about me? My name is Veronica. I never heard of a “Nara”. Where am I? Whose restroom is this? I got up and looked around, I finally began to remember that I was in my house but who I still don’t know who Nara is. I heard Blaine outside saying “Let me try.” He began to softly knock on the door and said with a caring voice “Veronica? Honey are you in there? It’s me Blaine your older brother. Please open the door.” I rushed to the door to open it but something in the mirror got my attention. I looked into the mirror and saw my eyes. I began to cry because I felt as if I was looking at a monster and because I knew my dream was true.

“Move your hands over your eyes and they will go back to looking normal.” Said a manly voice

I moved my hand over my eyes and when I looked back into the mirror my eyes were a dark shade of brown. I turned away from the mirror and went to the door to open it. As soon as the door was opened I saw everybody I knew but 7 unfamiliar people standing in the back. “Who are they” I said while pointing to the 7 people.

“What do you mean who are they. Veronica they’re your friends don’t you remember.” Blaine said looking at me with concern

“They aren’t my friends how can they be my friends when I don’t even know who the hell they are.”

“Blaine, why the hell are you calling her Veronica?” said a man with a deep voice

“Because her real name is actually Veronica.”

“I thought her name was Nara.”

“Well it’s not my name is Veronica.” I said looking at the man slightly glaring

“I think it’s time we all go to the living room to explain what the hell is currently happening because I think we are all confused.” Said Blaine ushering us in the direction of the living room