A BEAUTY ISN'T A BEAST

M e m o r y

M e m o r y E P I S O D E TWO          “A beauty isn’t a beast’

 

Kris and Young Sook were sitting in a coffee shop nearby the hospital.

 

(LISTEN TO: Guardian Angel Sung by V.A)

 

Kris had order a hot cup of black coffee while Young Sook order a cold iced cup of coffee. The two sat there in silence for about 10 minutes, just waiting for the other to talk. Young Sook took in a deep breath and pretends to smile as she stares up to Kris’s eyes.

 

“How have you been all these years?” She began to talk, hovering her fingers over her iced cold cup of coffee.

 

“I’ve been well,” Kris lied. “A lot has happened, but in the end, I’m doing well.” He pretended to smile as well as his fingers lingered around the warm sides of his cup of hot black cup of coffee.

 

“That’s good,” Young Sook nods and sits straight up.

 

“… What is that you wanted to talk about?” Kris asked, getting straight to the point.

 

“Huh?” Young Sook remembers why she had asked to come to the coffee shop, “Oh, that’s…” She pondered to herself really quick.

 

“Is it about our marriage?” Kris said and she clinched her teeth together inside her closed mouth.

 

“Oh,” She nods. “I hope you understand me, and forgive me for doing this, but I don’t want to get married.”

 

“Yah~” Kris chuckles as he listens to her, “Let’s get this right.” He pulls himself from his seat. “Your step mother made the proposal to my family. Why do I feel like you’re rubbing alcohol to my wound?”

 

“That’s right,” Young Sook chuckles as well, spinning her straw around in her cup of iced coffee by now. “I’m sorry. But please discard my foolish step mother’s wishes of us getting married.” She strongly stated and made Kris feel even worse.

 

“Yah~” He gasped in annoyance as he tried shaking it off. “Why do I feel like you’re making me sound like I’m the desperate one?” He hand gestured to her as well.

 

“Anio, I’m just simply stating that there will be no wedding between us.” She crossed her arms as she leans back in her seat.

 

Kris frowns and leans back too, “Why?” He asked out of curiosity. “Am’ I not good enough for you? Or…” He stopped. “Am’ I not as rich as you to be part of your family?”

 

Young Sook stares, “Yeah,” She came straight forward and nods a bit and Kris frowns. “Your family, I can’t trust your family.”

 

“What?” He gasped with annoyance still, “Trust?” His eye brows rose with a slight disappointed laughter.

 

“Ye,” She loses focus through his eyes and looks away towards her ice cup of coffee.

 

“Still?” Kris said and she slowly looks up to his level. “I see you still can’t trust anyone.” He smirked at her depressing face, “Trust? Yah, just to remind you, my family was there when your father passed away, my father cried painful nights too. My mother held your hands until the very last moment when we buried your father…” He wanted to yell at her so bad but kept his cool by holding himself together. “My family was there when your mother walked out of the wealthy life you had going on. My family was there when you cried to us that you had no one left in this filthy world; my family gave you hope to survive and,” He paused for a quick moment. “We basically made you become the beast you are today…” He smacked his hands onto the table a bit, “Trust?” He shot a death glare into her eyes. “Don’t talk about trust to me, because I will only get angry at you even more...”

 

Young Sook felt a little pain as she listened to his words but pretended not to be hurt by it.

 

“You,” Kris wanted to roll her across the floor so bad, “Haven’t changed a bit since your father had passed.” He brought her father up. “I feel sad for your father who loved you so much to have to see you become someone he wouldn’t dream of you becoming,” He said. “A true beast you have become.” He stood up to leave the table.

 

“… A beast?” Young Sook stopped him from leaving the table. “Let’s say you’re right, I’ve become a beast who is obsessed with not having the ability to trust no one but myself.” She wanted to cry but held her tears in carefully. “Because my father left me a lot of money that everyone wants, my selfish mother who ran out on me since I was a kid, and my step mother who is thinking of ways to get rid of me…” She looked up to Kris’s back view. “I’ve become a beast to everyone just because I learned how to put a safe wall to protect myself.”

 

Kris listened.

 

“Before then, I was the kind hearted little girl who was easy to get to know, understand and even loved; the little girl who trusted everyone and became hurt in the end.”

 

Kris slowly peeks back a little to her,

 

“Don’t look back!” She stopped him from turning around fully, “There’s no point of you looking at me with your useless depressing eyes. It will only make me angry.” She frowned. “I hate when people pity me the most.” She grabbed her bag and stood up from her seat. “We can never get marry. Make sure to let your parents know that.” She finished and walked out of the coffee shop before Kris could say another word.

 

Kris stood there in silence, feeling a little guilty. He didn’t understand why, but he just did. He turned around and walked over to sit in her seat, reaching out his hands he gently wrapped his fingers around her cold cup of coffee.

 

“Crazy girl,” He chuckled to himself, “You’re just as cold as the ice coffee you order.” He said to himself and spinned the small straw into her cup, just sitting there.

 

Young Sook was now walking towards her car and suddenly her cell phone rung, “What is it?” She answered it.

 

“CEO Jang,” Her male assistant had called her, “Assistant Joo is awake.”

 

Young Sook’s face changed once again, “Araso, I’ll be right there.” She finished and hung up her cell phone.

 

She now walked back into the hospital and approached the escalator to go up to the 1st floor. She stopped at the bottom of the escalator, debating if she should go see Joo. Rolling her fingers around to her side, she smirks and suddenly turns to try and exit out the hospital.

 

“Young Sook-sshi?” A voice stopped her from exiting the hospital, “You’re Young Sook-sshi right?” The voice belonged to Xiu Min. “You are Young Sook-sshi.” He smiled and she frowned, trying not to face him. “It’s been a while!” He approached her.

 

“Sorry, but who are you?” She asked him, not remembering him due to the lack of time change through the years.

 

“Ah, you must not remember me well…” Xiu Min pushed his right hand out from his pockets. “It’s me, Kim Xiu Min.” He introduced himself to her again, 8 years later.

 

“Xiu Min?” She thought to herself and looked at his face, trying to figure out who he was.

 

“I was born and raised in China, but I’m full fledge Korean and came to Korea to further my studies and life… Remember me now?” He asked telling her a piece of his life.

 

“Oh,” She nods. “You’ve change.”

 

“Really? How?” He smiled as he touched his pale white cheeks. “Did I become more handsome?” He joked.

 

“You’ve grown taller.” She whispered and he laughs.

 

“I see,” He nods in agreement. “Where are you going? Are you sick?” He suddenly asked.

 

“Anio, I was just visiting a friend.”

 

“I see,”

 

“Then, I’ll be off now.” She bowed a little and turns to walk away.

 

“Wait!” He stopped her again.

 

She stopped and looked back again, “What now?”

 

Xiu Min frowned, “Perhaps you heard?”

 

"About what?"

 

 

“Hm…” Xiu Min thought. “About Kris and you?” He slowly said.

 

Young Sook stared, “I know, I just met Kris.”

 

“You did!?” Xiu Min became surprised. “What did you two talk about?” He began to in.

 

“Nothing much,” She lied. “I just told him that I have no intention of getting married with him.”

 

“Why?”

 

“… There’s no special reason.” She rolled her bag strap across her shoulders.

 

“I see,” He rubbed his neck and smiles.

 

“Then, I’ll be off now.” Young Sook said and turns to walk off again.

 

“Young Sook-sshi,” Xiu Min stops her for the last time.

 

“What now?” Young Sook became a bit annoyed. “What?”

 

“Nothing, it’s just nice seeing you again.” Xiu Min waved. “Stay healthy, that’s what Kris wanted.”

 

“What?” Her eyes frowned. “Kris?”

 

Young Sook walked out the hospital lifeless.

 

“You might not have heard, but his father’s company is failing. He is going through a tough time now,” Xiu Min’s voice came through her mind as she slowly approached the parking lot.

 

F L A S H

 

“Kris has always wanted to meet you again during these 8 years, because you were family to him. He always wondered how you were, if you’re eating right if you were safe…” Xiu Min told her. “You were like a younger sister who he couldn’t let go of… You were really special to him.”

 

“So?” She asked with no expression.

 

“So…” Xiu Min stopped to think of what to say next, “So what?”

 

“What do you want me to do?” She said directly.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Kris is not a child no more; I’m not a child no more too. Tell him to stop worrying about other people and take care of himself.” She said with a tone of annoyance. “Didn’t you just say that he is going through a tough time right now, my life, I will take care of it on my own…”

 

“Yah,” Xiu Min frowned. “Aren’t you being a bit too much?” He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “I just told you that he cares for you-”

 

“Anio, I’m only stating the truth. Kris shouldn’t be worrying about others if he doesn’t even have time to worry about himself.” She interrupted him.

 

“Young Sook-sshi,” Xiu Min called her out. “You’re being too much! Kris cared for you-”

 

“And so move on,” She said with a beastly attitude. “Get a life and move on.”

 

Young Sook watched the expression on Xiu Min’s face changed as she told him to tell Kris to move on and finally exited the hospital.

 

B A C K

 

She stopped beside her car and shut her eyes for a moment, “What am’ I doing?” She asked herself, wanting to cry out loud right then right there.

 

Kris was still sitting at the coffee shop from earlier. He then received a text message from Xiu Min out of the blue:

 

‘Yah, I met Young Sook-sshi…’ – Xiu Min

 

Kris hesitated to text back,

 

‘So?’ – Kris

 

‘She has changed from 8 years ago (O.O)… She’s so mean and rude now… >.<’ – Xiu Min

 

Kris smiled at Xiu Min’s silly emoticons.

 

‘I told you… She’s no longer the old self after her father’s death… And stop using those cheesy emoticons please…’ – Kris

 

Xiu Min smiles,

 

‘I believe you now… J – Xiu Min

 

Kris didn’t want to reply back and so he leaned back into the seat as he placed his cell phone on his lap.

 

‘What are you going to do now?’ – Xiu Min

 

Kris read Xiu Min’s text message after a few moments,

 

‘Of course it’s off… Why would I bother with someone who doesn’t even care…’ – Kris

 

Xiu Min frowns as he sits in his office, reading the messages from Kris, knowing that this isn’t what he wants.

 

‘Araso, I’ll see you around…’ – Xiu Min

 

‘Araso’ – Kris

 

“Dr. Kim,” A female nurse walked into the room.

 

“Yes?” Xiu Min stood.

 

Kris walks out the coffee shop and headed back to work. The following day finally came and again, Young Sook walked her way towards Kim Pyung Hospital. She entered the lobby and up the elevator she went to the 4th floor to visit Joo. As she got off the elevator and approached the room where Joo was in, Joo’s mother happened to walk out the room, carrying a clear water filler.

 

“O-Omoni,” Young Sook called her gently.

 

Joo’s mother frowned seeing her there, “What are you doing here?” She asked out of energy as low as her tone can get.

 

“I came to visit Joo.” Young Sook replied.

 

“She’s sleeping now,” Joo’s mother said, lying.

 

“I see,” Young Sook said and looked her gaze down.

 

“… Can I talk to you for a moment?” Joo’s other asked as she brushed her hair behind her ears.

 

“Of course,” Young Sook agreed and followed Joo’s mother towards the corner of the hall way.

 

Xiu Min then walked into Joo’s room after 5 minutes with a nurse to do a regular retinue check up on her, “Hello…” He knocked as he entered the room with a bright vibe.

 

“Hello,” Joo smiled seeing him.

 

“Doctor,” Joo’s father stood from the seat.

 

“I’m going to do a quick check up on Joo today,” Xiu Min smiles.

 

“Ah, ye.” Her father agreed and Xiu Min walked over to Joo’s side.

 

“I’m going to have nurse Lim here check you BP, Temp and Pulse. Is that ok with you?” He took out his pen light from his right side chest pockets.

 

“Ye,” Joo nods shyly, still recovering from her surgery.

 

“Nurse Lim,” Xiu Min gestured her to come over.

 

After checking her Vitals, Xiu Min placed his pen light back into his chest pockets, “Joo seems to be recovering faster than I expected.” He rest assured her father’s worries.

 

“Thank you!” Her father thanked with nothing but a smile. “Thank you so much!”

 

“No problem, if Joo starts feeling pain anywhere, please let us know…” He told her father.

 

“Ye, I will!”

 

“Araso, I’ll be on my way then.” Xiu Min left the room with the nurse.

 

“Appa,” Joo pulled her father over.

 

“What?”

 

“Doesn’t that doctor look handsome?” She chuckled.

 

“You,” Her father paused. “You like him?” He smiled and Joo nods her head.

 

“But, someone like me won’t be his match.” She frowned and pulled the covers up to her chest.

 

“Ehhh…” Her father sat down next to her, “You never know what can happen.”

 

“Right?” Joo giggled, “Where’s umma?” She noticed her mother gone from the room.

 

“She went to go grab more water for you.”

 

“I see,” Joo slightly said.

 

“But,” Her father suddenly changed his tone.

 

“What?” Joo noticed her father acting strange. “What is it?”

 

“Your boss, Jang Young Sook-sshi… She told me to tell you that you will no longer be working at J.H Group Seoul Samsung Enterprise.”

 

“WHAT?” Joo gasped. “WHY? Ah!” She then placed her hands on her head from the headache pain.

 

“Yah, don’t move so fast!” Her father rushed to her and placed his hands on her head. “Ani, it’s not because she fired you…”

 

“Then why!? Why? I risked my life to save her!” Joo became confused.

 

“Your mother kind of threw out her anger this time…”

 

“W-What?” She stared her blank eyes.

 

The hall ways were quiet and no one seemed to be around at the time. Joo’s mother confronted Young Sook suddenly, “I’m sorry to have thrown my anger at you like that yesterday.” She apologized. “But as a mother, you have to understand that my daughter is very important to me just like how you are to your mother.”

 

“I understand,” Young Sook said, a bit depressed.

 

“And,” Joo’s mother paused for a slight moment staring at Young Sook’s deep eyes, “I hope you will understand why I don’t want Joo working as your assistant no more…”

 

“I understand,” Young Sook became tired.

 

“I know you two have been friends since high school... But,” Joo’s mother stopped completely as she stared at her still.

 

“It’s because of those rumors?” Young Sook said for her and looked up to face Joo’s mother’s eyes finally.

 

Xiu Min walks his way down the hall and noticed Young Sook and Joo’s mother standing at the very end of the hall way. He turns towards the nurse and gestures her to leave first and slowly he approaches their conversation.

 

 

(LISTEN TO: 눈물이 흘러 버렸어 (Inst.) sung by Ali)

 

 

“I’m sorry,” Joo’s mother frowned, “Even though they are rumors, I can’t have my daughter living her life in pain and fear.”

 

“Omoni, I understand, because of my selfish acts, my temper, my harsh words and what people say about me living like a beast, you’re worried that I will treat your daughter wrongly.” She smiles to rest assure Joo’s mother’s heart. “I understand,” She begins to lie. “Because I’m not sure if I can promise to treat her better as well… I can’t tell if I will end up treating her like how I treat everyone else, getting them hurt.” She confronts her feelings as well. “Because I have trust issues,” Her eyes began to fail her. “I think it’s best if Joo stops working for me as well, I wouldn’t like it if she was to risk her life for me again, and perhaps at that time I won’t be able to help her.”

 

“See,” Joo’s mother said. “Rumors are rumors, but the fact is that you have trust issues. You don’t even have faith in yourself and you can’t help but to do the things you do… Don’t live like that. A woman must not live that way.” Joo’s mother began to worry for her rubbing her hands on Young Sook’s shoulders gently.

 

“Omoni, don’t worry about me, I will live the life as I see fit for myself.” Young Sook slowly removed Joo’s mother’s hands.

 

“I guess,” Joo’s mother sighs.

 

Xiu Min listened to every word they had said and frowned.

 

“I thought I’d at least stop by to say a few words to her, but if you don’t want me around her as of today… I will leave as soon as I finish talking to you.”

 

“Ye,” Joo’s mother agrees. “Please do that.” Joo’s mother felt bad for saying those words.

 

Young Sook bows and turns to walk away. She walks out into the hall ways, going forward and down towards the elevators where Xiu Min is standing now. Young Sook stands there, not noticing him at all. Her mind is in a whole different world.

 

“Young Sook ah,” Xiu Min says and she looks over to him now noticing him, “A beauty isn’t a beast… Don’t live your life that way.” He advises her, “I hope you will be able to gain your ability to trust soon.” He stood staring straight towards the elevator doors.

 

“Xiu Min-sshi.” Young Sook whispers his name wanting to cry,

 

“What?” Xiu Min looks at her now.

 

“What did you just say?” She stares gently.

 

“What?”’ He frowns in confusion. “What did I just say?”

 

“About beauty and a beast…”

 

“Oh,” He thought. “I said, a beauty isn’t supposed to become a beast. Don’t live your life that way…” He repeated his words.

 

“How did you know that I have trust issues? Were you eves dropping on me earlier over there?”

 

“A-Anio!” Xiu Min lied, “Kris told me…” He threw Kris’s name into the conversation, chuckling.

 

“What? He told you?”

 

“Y-Yea…” Xiu Min kept his posture. “He did,”

 

Young Sook walked out into the parking lot and shoved herself into her car. She thought about everything very clearly and pinched her lips together tightly. Suddenly her cell phone rung, it was an unknown number she had not seen before.

 

“Hello?” She answered it.

 

“Young Sook-sshi?” An older male’s voice came through and her eyes popped a little.

 

“Ajusshi,” Her voice calmly called out.

 

“Can we meet?” It was a weak voice.

 

“Eh? Ye…” She agreed to meet him.

 

Kris walks out in a dark blue and white suit outfit made from the finest cloth. He took a peek at his gold $2000 wrist watch and grinned.

 

“Where are going?” His assistant walked by.

 

“Oh, meeting.” Kris replied and digged out his cell phone from his back pockets.

 

“With yourself again?” His assistant frowned as he took sips of his coffee.

 

“Oh,” Kris nods, “With myself!” He gave a pushy look to his assistant and peeked at his cell phone. “Oh, who is this?” He saw a missed text message and clicked it open.

 

‘Meet me at Sophie Café at 6pm,’ – Young Sook

 

“Young Sook?” He thought.

 

“Who is that?” His assistant peeked over his shoulders. “OH!” He gasped all of a sudden. “WIFE!?” He yelled and Kris quickly shoved his hands over his assistant’s mouth.

 

“Why can’t you just shut up sometimes?” Kris whispered, shaking his assistant.

 

Young Sook was now seen sitting at the same spot she and Kris had sat a day ago. She again had order an iced coffee, waiting for Kris to arrive.

 

“Why did you call me out again?” Kris sat across from her all of a sudden. “One black please,” He told the waitress who walked by. “What?” He stared at Young Sook.

 

Young Sook sat there in silence,

 

“Are you just going to sit there in silence?” Kris asked as he crossed his arms and sat back fully to his chair.

 

“Tell me the truth,” She began.

 

“What?” Kris became confused.

 

“Why did you agree to marry me?”

 

“W-What?” Kris stutters on his words. “Agreed? Who told you that I agreed?” He laughed it off. “That person is crazy,” He shuffled it off his shoulders.

 

“Is it because your father’s business?” Young Sook asked and he frozed.

 

“… How did you know?” He asked and Young Sook took a sip of her cold ice coffee.

 

“Your father called me today.”

 

“My father?” Kris frowned, “Figures.” He turned his face to the side and chuckled to himself in embarrassment.

 

“If that’s the reason-”

 

“THAT’S NOT WHY,” Kris burst in anger. “I never agreed to marry you!” He kept it straight.

 

Young Sook kept in silence.

 

“I never wanted to marry you or anyone…” Kris explained himself. “This problem I’m having with my father and his company, it’s none of your business.” He said and stood from his seat.

 

“Your black coffee,” The waitress placed his black coffee on the table and walked away.

 

“Don’t think all mighty of yourself; you’re not all that great…” He crushed her dignity. “Don’t fall into my father’s trap too; he’s only going to be using you, so don’t trust him too much.” He finished and turns around to walk a few feet away.

 

“Let’s get marry,” Young Sook stops him. “Either way, we’re going to be using one another.”

 

Kris pauses in a silent shocking moment,

 

“Let’s get marry,” She repeated the words that froze him.

 

“Crazy women,” He turned around to face her. “You think this is a game?”

 

“Ye,” She stands in front of him as well, “It always and has been a game to me.” She added in, “I lived my life playing this awful and useless game that everyone wanted me to… From child until now, I’ve lived a life full of lies and betrayal from everyone around me… It’s driving insane that I have become a beast.” Her fingers closed. “And don’t worry about me getting hurt;” She chuckled a little, “it’s a game that I will never lose.”

 

Kris waits with a blank face, “Well…” He whispered as he stood a few inches away from her. “Then… Be prepared because you’re about to lose for the first time in your life.”

 

Kris exits the café shop and leaves Young Sook standing there alone. She crumbles down into her seat and frowns deeply, after holding in herself together in front of Kris.

 

F L A S H

 

“Before your father passed away,” Kris’s father’s voice jumped into the scene. “He had told me to look after you…”

 

“Ye,” Young Sook nods. “That part, I know.”

 

“But, you’ve somehow watched over yourself better than how I have.” He smiled and Young Sook became silence. “Your father must be really proud of you.”

 

She looks up to stare at his weak dying eyes,

 

“I…” He whispered enough for only her to hear. “I’m dying.” He says and Young Sook’s eyes jumped higher to his level. “I have cancer; it’s been about 2 months now.” He gently placed his hands on his lap.

 

“Then-”

 

“Kris doesn’t know,” He interrupted her. “He doesn’t know anything.” He rest assured her.

 

Young Sook bits her teeth and she watched a pale man tell his story.

 

“I’ve always wished for you and Kris to be together, you know that much right?”

 

“Y-Ye,” Young Sook nods, “I understand that very well.”

 

“Your father had entrusted you to me… And now, I want to entrust you to my son, Kris.”

 

“Ajusshi,” Young Sook teared a little.

 

“My son can be a stubborn man sometimes, but he can still be useful whenever you need him. Use him as you wish and do me the favor of making him your husband.” He begged with a smile. “For an old friend, an old uncle, an old father… Let my son take care of you for the rest of his life, so me and your father can rest in peace knowing that you both are safe.”

 

Young Sook was now crying her heart out in silence, “Ajusshi,” She wiped her tears. “Why are you doing this? Me and Kris,”

 

“Please fulfill my wish before I die.”

 

She stares with salty tears,

 

B A C K

 

Kris rushes into his father’s home and causes a ruckus, “Abuji (father)!” He calls out his father.

 

“Son!” His mother rushes over with a bright smile across her face. “You’re home,” She grabbed his arms.

 

“Where’s father?” He asked his mother in haste.

 

“Oh, your father? I think he’s in the office.”

 

Kris quickly runs over and into his father’s office, “Abuji!” He burst into the office with a loud hasty voice tone, “ABUJI!” He suddenly found his father lying on the ground near his desk, unconscious, “Abuji!” He rushed over to the ground next to his father, “Open your eyes!” He shook his father. “Wake up! UMMA!” He called for his mother.

 

“What happened?” His mother ran into the room with tears drooling from her eyes by now. “Yobo!” She bended down as well, “Yobo! Can hear me?” She cried.

 

“Umma, call an ambulance!” Kris said and his mother quickly reached for the nearest phone and dialed up 119.

 

(LISTEN TO: 눈물이 흘러 버렸어 (Inst.) sung by Ali)

 

Young Sook walked up the steps to her home and stopped in front of the doors that will lead her in. She fidget her fingers to her side and gave a thought about what Kris’s father had said to her,

 

‘Before your father passed away, He had told me to look after you… I’m dying, it’s been about 2 months now, Kris doesn’t know… Your father had entrusted you to me… And now, I want to entrust you to my son, please fulfill my wish before I die…’ She thought of the words carefully.

 

She gently closed her eyes and as soon as she re-opened them, she found herself inside her home, taking her shoes off.

 

“Agashi,” The house maid walked over. “Dinner is ready,”

 

“Oh, Araso, let me go change and I’ll head down for dinner.” She smiled in a weak way.

 

“Ye,” The house maid nods and walked off into the kitchen to finish prepping all the food.

 

Young Sook changed into a pair of grey sweats with a white tee and black slippers on. She held her long brown hair into a low pony tail with her bangs swept to her right side face. She walked down the stairs to the first floor to have dinner. As she walked into the hugely white and sliver dining room, she found her step mother sitting at the end of the long table held for 2.

 

“I would of thought you had dinner outside already,” Her step mother smiled, swirling her glass of wine around in between her fingers.

 

Young Sook stood there for a few moments and took her seat,

 

“What’s this?” Her step mother grinned, “Are you really going to have dinner with me?” She asked in a form of pain not believing what she is seeing.

 

“I’m hungry, just be quite and let me eat.” Young Sook said and picked up her chop stick. “After I eat, you can talk all you want. I won’t stop you then…” She glared and began to pick up the food with her chop sticks.

 

Her step mother placed down her glass of wine and leaned her arms onto the table, “So I heard that you met up with Kris’s father?” She said and Young Sook looked her charismatic eyes up. “What did you two talk about?”

 

“…” Young Sook sat in silence.

 

“Marriage?”

 

“… It’s really none of your damn business…” Young Sook placed her chop sticks down, “And,” She frowned along. “How did you know? Did you plant a spy around me?”

 

“Of course,” Her step mother nods and leaned back into her chair. “Why? You don’t like it?”

 

“Ani,” Young Sook smirked, “But… The spy you planted around me, I would fire him or her.”

 

“Why?” Her step mother Chuckled.

 

“If they were able to tell you that I met up with Kris’s father, why couldn’t they tell you what we were talking about?”

 

“…” Her step mother just smiled.

 

“You’re right,” Young Sook leans back as well. “We did talk about me and Kris’s marriage.” Her step mother’s eyes focused. “But it’s not going to do you any good when I get marry to him, don’t think that just because when I get marry, you will get rid of me…” The two of them stared each other in the eyes. “Because… The only way to get rid of me…”

 

Her step mother took a silence breath.

 

(LISTEN TO: Memory sung by FT Island)

 

“Is if you kill me,” Young Sook whispered and a cold shiver rushed up her step mother’s spine.

 

“Abuji!” Kris and his mother rushed his father into the ER, “Abuji!!” He cried.

 

“Yobo!” His mother cried weakly, chasing after.

 

“Doctor, please take care of my father.” Kris begged.

 

“I will do my very best, please wait here.” The doctor pushed Kris and his mother backed a little from entering the ER.

 

“Please!” Kris begged and the doctor with the nurses dragged his father into the ER, “Abuji! Please…” He was out of breath.

 

Young Sook and her step mother had a stare down as they sat there across from one another in silence.

 

“Kill me,” She told her step mother who seem to be clinching her teeth tight together at this moment.

 

 

E N D OF EP2

 

PREVIEW OF NEXT EP:

 

“I promise,” Kris promised his father with a smile as held onto his hands. “I will marry Young Sook.”

His father gave a light smile and as he held his eyes, he fell into a deep sleep.

“A-Abuji,” Kris whispered.

 

 

Young Sook’s step mother placed a hard slap across her face and frowned with anger, “How dare you…” Her voice evilly said.

Young Sook smirked and looked straight back into her step mother’s daring eyes, “I dare to.” She said and placed her hands into a fist to her side. “I will make sure that you won’t ever get rid me.” The two of them forced stare.

“… You said the only way to get rid of you is to kill you…” Her step mother giggled as she blew off steam. “Then, I will do that.” She added and Young Sook smirked.

“Then I will wait until that day.”

 

 

“Why? I’m your assistant!” Joo shouted towards Young Sook who hasn’t gotten any sleep for the past few days. “We’ve been best friends since high school!”

“I just,”

“I don’t care! I’m not going anywhere!” Joo stated as she frowned deeply.

“I already promised your parents. I believe it’s best if you stay away from me.” Young Sook stood in front of Joo, looking a bit sick.

“I don’t care, this is my life.” Joo didn’t take noticed.

“Please, just leave.” She began to feel dizzy.

“Anio!”

“Leave,” Young Sook looked up with a pale face and before she knew, she dropped to the ground.

“Y-Young Sook ah!” Joo called her and bent down to shake her.

 

 

Kris was now dressed in his black tux and with his hair sleeked back tight, going to be heading down the aisle as a new man. He looked at himself in the mirror in front of him and frowned. Meanwhile Young Sook was at the bridal shop dressed in her pure white heart shaped top wedding gown that left a beautiful laced trail behind her. She had her hair into a beautiful bun and over it was her laced veil with a diamond heart shaped neck lace tied on around her neck. Her eyes were sparkling the moment she took noticed that this was it, it was her D-day.

 

As Young Sook exits the bridal shop to hop into her black car heading to the wedding hall, she noticed that the driver was a different driver, “Who are you? Where is Drive Kwon?” She asked curious.

“He had something urgent to attend to so he asked me to take you.” The driver peeked through the rear mirror. “Don’t worry; I will take you safely to the wedding hall.” He gave a weird smile.

“Y-Ye,” Young Sook rest assured a bit,

Young Sook frowned feeling uneasy. As soon as the car started to take off, she noticed blood on the floor by her feet and reached quickly for the door handle to open the door, but it was locked.

“I wouldn’t do that if I was you.” The drive warned her and she sat still.

 

 

“What?” Kris gasped as his assistant whispered into his ears. “Missing?” His eyes popped.

“Missing?” Kris’s mother gasped as well. “What are you talking about?” She held her hands on her chest.

Kris looks over to his father who was in a wheel chair, “Abuji,” He said.

 

E N D OF PREVIEW