I N T R O

M e m o r y

I N T R O

‘An anchor is a device usual made of metal that is used to connect a vessel to the bed of the body of water to prevent the craft from drifting due to the wind or current. These heavy anchors can either be permanent or temporary.’ Kris’s matured, deep, husky voice echoed into the story as it began.

 

A tall handsome yet very beautiful man with light blonde hair color walked his way up a sea side walk deck where there were boats parked nearby in the sea while a bunch of people were bustling pass him. You could hear the horns of the boats honking one by one as one leaves and one returns to the deck, you could see the current of the sea smashing into the walls smell the scent of the sea and fish everywhere. He held in his manly hands with long fingers, an address written on a white piece of note sticker. He dragged along tightly behind him a dark black leather back pack as he was dressed up in black dress pants with a gray Asymmetric Cardigan with a black leather belted blazer over both designed by Alexander McQueen. He looked like a wealthy, well manner and tough young man indeed. His eyes stood strong and sharp as he roamed them around the area looking for the place of the address.

 

“Excuse me,” He suddenly stopped an older woman who was carrying a largely red bin on her head as she was headed home. “Can you please tell me where this place is?” He showed the address to her.

 

“This address?” The older woman said in the country’s accent as she took peek at it. “Oh, it’s over there.” She looked up and pointed to the far, far right over the hills of area.

 

“W-What?” He gasped as he slowly tried to understand her accent and looked up and over towards the mountains. “Over the mountains?” He asked as he pointed as well. “Or in front of them?” He asked, dumbfounded.

 

“Over and behind,” The older women replied as she hand gestured as well. “You’re not from around here are?” She smiled weirdly seeing how handsome he is.

 

“Eh?” He scratched his head. “Oh, ye… I’m from Seoul.” He slowly understood the accent a bit more.

 

“Aigoo, how old you? Do your parents know you’re here?”

 

“Eh?” He frowned.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Ah, Kris… Woo Kris-mida.” He gave his name in return for help.

 

“I see, just go towards that path there, then make a right turn and go straight all the way until you reach the mountains.” The elder women explained in Seoul accent now.

 

“Oh, you speak Seoul accent?” Kris said in surprised, curling his fingers onto the piece of note sticker.

 

“Of course I do, do you even know where you’re at?”

 

“Oh,” He nods. “Here is Kyung Tae Village in Gangneung, South Korea.”

 

“You’re smart.” The elderly women patted his shoulders. “When you reach the mountains, you either go over it by climbing the hills or go through the tunnel. When reach the other side, there’s a small vacation house built there, that’s the destination you’re looking for.”

 

“Oh, thank you so much!” He bowed and smiled.

 

“No problem, good luck, bye.” She smiled in turn and walked away.

 

“Yah…” He sighs seeing how huge the hills were with both his hands on his waist. “I have to go over that?” His body soon became weak, staring at the mountain hills.

 

Soon enough, Kris enters the mountain hills, climbing up for over 2 hours and down another 2 hours. He came rolling on his feet, finally to the vacation house that was planted there and stopped to take a breather.

 

“I need to exercise more often.” He said out of breathe, standing there. “Oh, this must be the house.” He noticed a large white wooden vacation house in front of him by 20 meters. “It doesn’t look like no one is there.” He said as he saw no one outside.

 

Kris approaches the house slowly and looking at every corner, “It looks nice,” He whispers and rubs his nose once. “H-Hello!” He called out. “Is anyone home?” He asked but no one came to the door. “Hello!?” He knocked at the front door and still no one came to open the door.

 

“Is no one really home?” He turned his head around the area and peeked his eyes through the glass windows that were carved to the side.

 

He saw no one in the house as well, after peaking in a couple times he took a few steps towards the left side and suddenly heard a humming noise. It seemed like it was coming from the back of the house. Kris goes down the stair way and walked himself on the white brick path leading to the back. The humming noise suddenly began giggling and became louder as he approached it.

 

“Hahaha…” A voice laughed.

 

Kris clicks the lock on the wooden gates to slowly perch open the gate doors. There he saw 2 people running around, laughing, a boy and a girl. He couldn’t determine if it was a loving couple, or a pair of loving siblings. The girl had long dark brown wavy hair that reached her back with side bangs reaching to her right side face. She had on a long wool knitted brown sweater that reached just below her by her thighs, a white cloth laced skirt that reached her knees with a grey long sleeve top under the sweater. The boy who was chasing her around was a very tall young man, who was about a year younger than she was, seemed to be very bright as he was dressed in a dark blue long sleeve V-Neck shirt showing his broad shoulders and black tight jeans. His hair was longer in the front than the back, a little wavy as well, and he had a pair of dorky looking glasses on. In his large hands he held the water hose, spraying the girl with water.

 

“Yah! Stop it!” The girl’s voice determined Kris that the boy and girl were not siblings. “Chan Yeol ah!” She chuckled out the boy’s name as her hands stood in front of her face.

 

“Hahaha,” Chan Yeol laughed as he watched the her get wet. “Nuna, this is revenge!” He yelled, still chasing her around.

 

“Young Sook ah…” Kris whispers out her name. “It’s really you,”

 

‘An anchor is a device usual made of metal that is used to connect a vessel to the bed of the body of water to prevent the craft from drifting due to the wind or current. These heavy anchors can either be permanent or temporary.’

 

‘For 10 years, this is the first in 10 years I saw you laughing so happy.’ Kris walks closer to the two. ‘Young Sook ah, do you remember me?’ He stopped as soon as Chan Yeol realized he was standing there.

 

“… Who are you?” Chan Yeol asked holding the water hose to the side, still smiling.

 

“Oh,” Young Sook, known as Geum (dream) to Chan Yeol, frowned as she noticed Kris standing there as well. “Hello,” She quickly brushed her bangs back from her wet face and rushed to Chan Yeol’s side. “Who are you?” She asked with a gentle smile as well. “Are you here to spend the night at our vacation house?”

 

No reply came back from Kris.

 

“… Do you know him?” She asked Chan Yeol in whispers.

 

Chan Yeol shakes his head slowly as he looks at her and back to Kris.

 

“Young Sook…” He calls her name silently enough only for Chan Yeol to slowly make it out.

 

“What?” Young Sook (Geum) stares blankly.

 

 

 

 

 

E N D OF I N T R O

 

 

Comments??