B E A S T

M e m o r y

M e m o r y E P I S O D E ONE                ‘Beast…’

            

Crashing sounds coming from a room was heard even from 30 feet away. Security Guards rushed into the room where the loud crashing noises were coming from and dragged out a man who was in his middle 40’s. He was angered and yelling from the top of his lungs,

 

“HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME!? YOU’RE NOTHING BUT A MONSTER!” He yelled as the security guard’s dragged him away.

 

A young female sat in the room by her desk, un-harmed. She was the CEO of the company that had the ruckus going on, 26 years old Jang Young Sook.

 

“CEO Jang.” Her assistant, Joo, walked in, “Are you okay?” She asked as she hugged herself, scared of what her boss would do next.

 

“I’m fine,” Her boss frowned. “What’s next on my schedule?” She capped her sliver pen after signing off the rest of the paper work on her desk with no kind of emotions showing.

 

“Oh, nothing for this evening…” She stopped to peek over. “But, what happened? Why did Mr. Lee started throwing things?” She asked, curious as she folded the schedule folder for the day.

 

CEO Young Sook looked her cunning beastly eyes up and over, “I fired him,” She honestly approached her assistant.

 

“W-What?!?” Assistant Joo gasped in fear. “W-Why? He was doing a good job on the project.” She tried to smile.

 

“He was lagging on the project… I gave him a whole week to finish it and he didn’t meet the deadline.” Young Sook frowned as she crossed her slim arms together in front of her chest. “And,” She paused for a split second and looked up again to her assistant, “He wasn’t doing his job,” She hinted for her assistant to shut up and only ask questions that should be ask.

 

“Oh?” Assistant Joo quickly became silence. “I see,” She looked away quickly knowing what her boss meant. “But still… A week is too short…” Assistant Joo whispers to herself as she hugged the schedule folder into her chest tightly.

 

“What?” Her boss shutter down assiant Joo's spine as she released her hands in front of herself. “What did you say?”

 

“Anio,” Assistant Joo smiled as she shakes her head nervously. “Nothing, I’ll be on my way.” She waved and exited the room as fast as she could.

 

Young Sook sat there watching as Assistant Joo rush out the room, “I ought to fire her too,” She sharply said to herself and the doors to her office shut with a small attitude.

 

A few moments into the day only and everyone, like usual, starts gossiping about their beastly boss.

 

“What? Really?” Other staff in the company gasped one to another. “She fired him just because Mr. Lee didn’t reach the deadline?” A 32 year old female staff whispered as she held up a cup of coffee.

 

“Of course,” A male’s voice appeared, standing in front of her.

 

“She’s a beast!” The female staff frowned and took a sip of her coffee.

 

“I thought only guys can be a beast, but our Boss isn’t just any women. She is a beast in disguise.” The male staff scoffed behind her back. “She’s so scary.” He crossed his arms together and shviered in fear.

 

“Poor Mr. Lee…” Another female staff sighs. “He was one of the smartest people in this company too.”

 

“I agree.” The male staff agreed and leaned back onto the wall. “CEO Jang is just too much!” He sequenced his thick eye brows together.

 

“Why don’t you try saying that to her face.” The 1st female staff joked.

 

“Anio,” The male staff said. “I’ll get fired.” He fired back.

 

The 1st female staff scoffed and rolled her eyes, “Guys like you can only talk about a woman behind her back.” She flipped her hair back.

 

“What? What about you? You’re talking about her too.” The male staff pointed.

 

“I’ am a woman,” She placed her left fingers on her chest. “Woman tends to talk about other woman. It’s common…”

 

“Yah~” The male staff sighs.

 

“Here comes beastly CEO…” 2nd female staff warned them and the three of them stood straight as Young Sook walked her way down the hall towards them.

 

She was dressed in a white silk collar shirt with a black Valentino Blazer over. She had on a pair of black mini skirt with ruffles at the bottom that reached her knees with a pair of white Sofia heels. She had her long dark brown hair down in loose curls to both her sides.

 

“Good morning CEO Jang,” The staff greeting her as she approached them.

 

Young Sook stops and looks her beastly eyes over.

 

“… Just because you 3 seem 50 feet away from where I was coming from doesn’t mean that I didn’t hear you.” She suddenly said to them and the 3 staff shook in nervousness.

 

“E-Eh?” The 3 staff’s voice companied one another. “CEO Jang!” They looked up with tears filling in their eyes.

 

“Assistant Joo,” She peeked over her right shoulders.

 

“Yes CEO Jang,” Assistant Joo rushed to her side.

 

“Fire these 3 staff members and hire 3 new employees.”

 

“Yes mam,” Assistant Joo nods her head swiftly.

 

“CEO Jang!” The 3 of them cried. “Please, we didn’t mean too,” They begged.

 

Young Sook looks over expressionless, “I don’t need gossipers in my company. If you want to gossip go to a different company and do it.” She finished and took her leave with her team.

 

“CEO JANG!” The 3 yelled as the security guard’s stopped them from getting close to her.

 

“Was it necessary to do this?” Assistant Joo asked walking behind Young Sook as they came to the exit of the company.

 

“If you don’t want to be the next one to be fire,” Young Sook stopped to turn to face Assistant Joo, “Then I advise you to stop asking useless questions.” She added in and turned away to enter her 2013 full length white Lamborghini.

 

“Yes mam.” Assistant Joo whispers, afraid,

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of Seoul, lived a wealthy young man who stood tall, handsomely with fair skin and deep sharp eyes.

 

“Kris!” His assistant rushed over into his office. “KRIS!” He slammed the doors shut and ruins the moment for Kris.

 

He clinched his fingers into a fist after losing concentration on his thoughts and turned to face his rushing over assistant.

 

“Yah, what did I tell you about slamming my office door.” He placed his hands on his hips as he stands a couple feet away from his desk, in front of his white board. “I’m in the middle of a very important meeting… So be quick!” He raised his hand gestures.

 

“Meeting?” His assistant stopped to look around. “There’s no one here but you…” He blinked.

 

“I’m in a meeting with myself!” Kris flicks his assistant’s forehead. “What is it?” He released his hands to his sides.

 

“Oh,” His assistant rubs his forehead with a frown of pain. “I heard that your parent’s set your wedding date!”

 

He was a foolish assistant who would follow whatever his boss tells him to do.

 

“What!?” Kris gently gasped, “I thought they were joking last night…” He said.

 

“Eh? So you knew about it?”

 

“Uhm,” Kris nods. “My parents told me last night…” He threw the black marker onto his desk.

 

“I see… What should I do this time?” His assistant smiled. “Find a fake girl friend? Tell a lie that you caused a girl to be prego? Tell your parent’s that you’re gay?” He threw out a bunch of random ideas.

 

Kris bits his lips, “For now…” He stopped. “Hey!” He frowned only now catching on. “I’m not gay!” He flicked his assistant’s forehead once more.

 

“It was an idea!” His assistant cried in pain, “Idea! That one hurted!” He rubbed his forehead.

 

Kris gently smacks his right hand onto his left palms, “It seems my parents are not joking anymore.” He paced around his office.

 

“They were never joking when it came down to business.”

 

“I know,” Kris shot a glare towards his assistant.

 

“What are you going to do? You don’t want to get marry.”

 

“I don’t… I’m only 27…” Kris’s separated his hands from his body towards his side in midair. “I’m still too young to get tied down.”

 

“Actually…” His assistant tied his own hands tightly in front of him.

 

“What?” Kris asked.

 

“You do have some wrinkles coming up…” His assistant pointed out and Kris frowned in anger.

 

“First thing I’m going to do when I become boss around here is firing you!” Kris pointed his fingers, threating him.

 

“Yah, boss… It was a joke.” His assistant stomped his feet like a child.

 

“Joke my …” Kris looks away. “Anyways…” He sits down in his chair. “Do you happen to know who the girl my parents are setting me up with?” He asked and his assistant nods his head quickly, “Who!?” Kris smacked his hands onto his desk.

 

Young Sook spits out her cold tea after hearing what her step mother had told, “What?” She gasped with cold eyes.

 

She and her step mother were now seen sitting in a tea café for the evening sitting across one another.

 

“I have settled your wedding date.” Her step mother smiled as she gently blew on her hot tea.

 

Young Sook placed her glass cup down onto the table and gently she raised her eyes, “Who said you could do such thing without my permission?” She rolled her hair behind her left ears with her slim fingers.

 

“I’m your mother,”

 

“You’re not my mother.” Young Sook corrected her with an evil smirk. “You’re a woman whom my father decided to invite into our home.”

 

“Young Sook-ah.” Her step mother frowned. “I’ve helped raised you for the past 10 years, you shouldn’t be talking to me this way.” She also place down her glass of hot tea. “It really makes me sad.” She rolled up her white and black fur scarf onto her arms.

 

“You didn’t help raised me,” Young Sook corrected her once again. “You watched me raised myself.” She said in an evil way and caused her step mother to frown deeply. “So, my marriage will be what I want, with whom I want and how I want.” Young Sook warned her and suddenly rolled down a frown on her face. “If you’re going to talk nonsense with me here, I’ll be on my way.” She stood up from her seat.

 

“Yah,” Her step mother improperly stopped her from leaving the table. “Do you really have to talk like this to me?” She stared at Young Sook with a fake smile. “Let’s say you’re right, I watched you raised yourself… But you have to admit, I was there for you when you needed me.” She calmly said.

 

Young Sook stares without a reply.

 

“I did love you like a daughter…” Her step mother put up a fake lie.

 

“Liar…” Young Sook chuckled and smirked, “Save your lies for another man.” She ended the conversation and headed out the café.

 

Her step mother sat there raged in anger, but held it in. She held her hands tightly together on the table into a sharp hard fist, “Ungrateful brat.” She cursed at Young Sook.

 

Young Sook walked out the café shop and onto the streets of Seoul. She pulled her hand bag’s metal strap upper towards her shoulders and placed her hands into her blazer pockets.

 

(LISTEN TO: 울고만있어 SUNG BY Baek Ji Young)

 

Young Sook slowly drove up to a brown small house on Park Street that she and her family used to live in and parked her car to the side. The memories came rushing back like lighting as she gazed for a few moments towards the house. The metal black gates opened and her eyes jumped. A middle aged woman walked out the gates, she was dressed in a yellow coat, gray skirt, black slippers and a white scarf wrapped around her neck, it seemed like she was waiting for someone.

 

“Umma!” A cheerful 13 year old female student shouted as she ran over.

 

“Oh, Mi Ran ah!” The middle aged women hugged her daughter. “How was school today?” She rubbed her daughter’s arms.

 

“It was fun!”

 

“Let’s go inside, it’s cold out here.”

 

“Ye!” Her daughter nods and they both entered the house.

 

Young Sook frowns seeing the mother and daughter relationship, “What are you doing here Young Sook?” She asked herself. “It’s not your house no more…” She said and wanted to cry but held in her sad tears.

 

Young Sook started up her car and took off. She soon came up to her house now that she lives in with her step mother. It is a huge brick red and white 4 level house. She was soon seen exiting her car and walks up the long steps to get to the front doors.

 

“You’re home Agashi (miss).” Their house maid greeted her at the front door.

 

“Where’s Chun Hyang?” Young Sook called her step mother by her name instead.

 

“She’s in her room resting.” The house maid replied as she closed the doors to lock.

 

“Here,” She handed over a bag.

 

“What’s this?” Their house maid asked, reaching for it.

 

“It’s Yeon Hee’s memorial tomorrow isn’t it? I bought a few things for the services.” Young Sook smiles a little.

 

“Agashi,” The house maid sadly smiles a little. “You didn’t have to.” Her voice was so calm.

 

“It’s okay, Yeon Hee was like a sister to me.” She folded her hands into her pockets.

 

“Thank you,” The house maid thanked.

 

“It’s getting late, you can go rest now.” Young Sook told her.

 

“Araso, if you need anything call me.”

 

“Ye,” Young Sook nods and off the house maid left the house.

 

Young Sook walked into her bed room up on the 3rd level. It held white walls on all sides, photo frames hanging on the walls for decorates, black flower print curtains at her windows, a long desk to hold all her precious belongings, a queen size bed that had white covers with patterns on it in the middle of the room and a walk in closet built with a bathroom. She took off her blazer and laid herself on her bed.

 

She sighs and turns her head to her right to only see a photo on her wall that held 3 people: her, her mother and her father, when they were a happy family.

 

“Umma,” She calls out as her eyes slowly shut. “Appa,” She cried herself to sleep.

 

The following day came, and like always ruckus was caused at the company in the early morning. Mr. Lee came back trying to get revenge on Young Sook.

 

“What are you doing?” Assistant Joo yelled as she stood a couple feet away in front of Mr. Lee who was fired yesterday, trying to stop him from entering the company.

 

“GET OUT OF THE WAY JOO!” Mr, Lee shouted pointing a wooden stick out in front of him. “You’re not the one I want to hurt and you’re not someone I want to hurt.” He grinned in anger. “So move before I end up hurting you!” He suddenly began throwing whatever he could find around.

 

“AH!” Assistant Joo jumped trying to avoid that thrown things. “A-Araso, Mr. Lee, don’t do this!” She yelped. “Let me help you…” She began to try and comfort him.

 

“You can’t help me!” Mr. Lee became very angered. “Get out of my way now! Where is that beast CEO of yours?” He said waving his wooden stick around.

 

“No! Don’t do this!” Joo reached out her hands trying to stop him from entering the company in the lobby.

 

“What is going on here?” Young Sook walks into the lobby all of a sudden dressed in a black and white suit with her hair up in a high clean pony tail. “Mr. Lee?” Her eyes noticed it was him and frowned. “What are you doing here causing ruckus in my company so early in the morning?” She said with a bit of anger as well. “Leave!” She clenched her jaws like a tiger.

 

“What? Leave?” Mr. Lee bit his teeth together. “Luckily you came at the right time; I’m going to make sure to get my revenge on you today!” He yelled and rushed over to Young Sook. “YOU MONSTER!”

 

“W-Watch out!” Assistant Joo yelled after and Young Sook’s 2 largely body guards walked into the lobby, rushing over as well trying to protect her from harm.

 

Mr. Lee held in his hands a wooden stick that he was going to use to hit Young Sook with. He ran towards her and all of a sudden a loud thud was heard. Everyone in the lobby gasped and yelled with fear as they will soon became witness to what just happened. Spots of blood were seen dripping onto the ground and suddenly a pile of blood was spread among the expensive marble Tar colored floor of Young Sook’s lobby within seconds. Mr. Lee took a few steps back as he dropped his wooden stick and Young Sook’s 2 large body guards rushed over and pulled him over and down onto the ground they snapped him.

 

“CEO Jang!” They looked over to her who is on the ground, “Are you okay?” They asked.

 

Young Sook’s eyes popped open wide as she saw what happened in front of her. Her assistant Joo had taken the hit for her and is now lying on the ground 3 feet away from her, bleeding unconscious. Young Sook’s legs became paralyzed as she sat there next to Assistant Joo’s unconscious body and her mind went into blankness.

 

“A-Assistant Joo…” She whispered nervously. “Call… Call an ambulance!” She suddenly whispered in fear.

 

Within 5 minutes, an ambulance was rushed to the entrance of her company and 2 paramedics rushed Assistant Joo to the hospital nearby. Young Sook was now seen walking into Kim Pyung Hospital with her 2 body guards. She rushed herself towards the ER elegantly and spotted Assistant Joo’s parents standing there in tears walking back and forth outside the ER, praying for their daughter.

 

“Aunty, Uncle!” Young Sook called them gently, since her and Joo were good friends back in high school. “How is she?” She calmly asked.

 

Joo’s father was angered at what happened, but he kept his cool, “We don’t know yet. The doctors haven’t said anything yet.” He rubbed his hands together as he placed them behind himself.

 

Joo’s mother cried,

 

“Omoni (another form of mother called by a friend),” Young Sook watched her cry in pain. “I’m sorry; I didn’t expect Joo to do this…” She couldn’t even look into Joo’s mother’s eyes.

 

“Anio,” Joo’s mother shook her head, interrupting Young Sook, “You!” She looked over fiercely. “How can you not see this coming? It’s your entire fault!” She yelled a little.

 

“Yobo (honey).” Joo’s father held her by the arms.

 

“If you would just stop being a beast, perhaps my daughter can live in peace too!”

 

Young Sook was surprised at what Joo’s mother was saying since she has never seen Joo’s mother this angry before.

 

“It’s not like this is the first time my daughter has gotten hurt because of you… I just hate it when she has to risk her own life to protect someone who lives like a beast!!” She cursed Young Sook raising her fist into the air.

 

“Yobo!” Joo’s father pulled her back, and faced Young Sook, “Please excuse Joo’s mother. She’s just very upset…” He held tightly onto Joo’s mother.

 

Young Sook took in a deep breath and smiled a little, “Anio, Joo omoni is right. I’ am someone who lives like a beast. I’m very sorry.” She bowed 90 degrees and raised her head. “If you want-”

 

“I want my daughter to quit working for you from now on.” Joo’s mother suddenly said and Young Sook’s eyes looked up to hers. “My daughter may not be special to you or your wealthy family, but she is very special to me and our family. I don’t want to see my innocent daughter die for your type of people…” She cried in pain.

 

“Yobo,” Joo’s father frowned. “Stop it! Joo will be angry at you.”

 

“ANGRY WITH ME?” Her mother changed to yell at Joo’s father. “I’m only trying to protect my child, you are her father, why do not care?” She smacked her husband’s chest once, “Jerk!”

 

“Please don’t be mad with uncle,” Young Sook interrupted them. “I fully understand, I will have her quit once she wakes up.” She added in and Joo’s parents looked over. “Don’t worry about the hospital bill; I will personally take care of it as well. When she wakes up, just let her know that she won’t need to come to the office no more.” She pretends to smile. “Then, I will be on my way back to work.” She finished and left the scene.

 

After watching Young Sook exiting the hall way and into the elevators, the doctor walked out the ER.

 

“How’s my daughter?” Joo’s mother asked the doctor as she rushed up to him.

 

He removed his white face mask and light blue cloth hat, “The surgery went well,” He handsomely smiled to rest assure them. “She’s doing fine now,”

 

He had white pale skin, tall, pretty sharp eye features and kissable lips.

 

“Thank you so much doctor!” Joo’s parents thank him as they grabbed his hands.

 

“It’s no problem, it’s my job.” He replied smiling brightly. “Then, I’ll be on my way… Your daughter will be taken into a room in a bit.” He finished and took off.

 

“Dr. Kim,” One of his junior stopped him in the hall way as he rushed after.

 

“Oh, what’s up?” Dr. Kim folded his mask into his hands as he looks back.

 

“Oh, all the senior and juniors are having a dinner party tonight; they were asking if you wanted to come?”

 

“Tonight?”

 

“Ye,” His junior nods. “Ah~ Sunbae nim, just go!” He grabbed his senior’s arms. “It’s been a while since you last came to one of the group gatherings.”

 

His senior smiled, “Araso, what time?”

 

“Asa!” His junior jumped. “We meet at ‘Sarang Tae’ restaurant around 7pm.”

 

“Arata (got it), see you later.” He waved and his junior rushes off.

 

Dr. Kim walks into his office and takes off his blue scrubs, changing into a new pair of scrubs. Suddenly the door to his office opens,

 

“Oh,” A female voice gasped as she walked in on him changing his shirt. “Sorry~!” She quickly closed the doors and exited the room.

 

Dr. Kim smiles and finished changing into a new pair of scrubs. He soon walks out his office and had on his white doctor coat, “What do you want?” He asked the female doctor who was seen standing outside his doors.

 

“Oh, sunbae nim…” She blushed bright pink as she scrolls her finger around her ears.

 

“What?”

 

“P-Perhaps you heard about the gathering tonight?” She shyly asked, not daring looking him in the eyes.

 

“Oh,” He replied nodding and placed his hands into his pockets. “7pm.” He said the time and she smiled.

 

“See you then,” She turns and run off.

 

“Yah,” A voice came from the right.

 

“Oh,” Dr. Kim noticed who it was and gave a wide smile with open arms. “Kris~” He swayed his voice in ageyo cheesiness.

 

“Ehhh…” Kris walks over with a frown. “Dr. Kim Xiu Min…” He called out his buddy’s name. “Don’t do that.” He smiled as he approached his buddy.

 

“What brings you here at this early hour morning?” Xiu Min asked, curious. “Are you sick?” He suddenly changed his tone and Kris shakes his head, “Then?” His eyes purred like a cat.

 

A few moments passes by, Kris and Xiu Min were now sitting outside the hospital court yard sipping on a juice can each.

 

“Then?” Xiu Min peeked over to Kris who was sitting to his left. “You’re going to get marry?” He seriously asked, rolling his can of juice in his hands.

 

“Are you crazy? I can’t marry right now.” Kris fought back with words and crossed his legs over another.

 

“… I think it’s a great idea,” Xiu Min leaned back into the wooden bench. “I mean, marriage can teach you a few things about life.”

 

“Yah! Whose side are you on anyways?” Kris whined with a frown as he stares at Xiu Min’s pale face. “You should be the one getting married first! You’re the Hyung…” Kris turns his face away from Xiu Mins and relaxed his shoulders.

 

“Relax would ya?” Xiu Min giggled. “I’m just saying, I’m always on your side.”

 

“Arayo.” Kris sighs and looks up straight ahead of himself.

 

“But,” Xiu Min stopped. “Who are you marrying?” He finally asked.

 

Kris looks at Xiu Min’s pale face once again, “Young Sook-sshi.” He said and Xiu Min became silence.

 

“Jang Young Sook-sshi?” Xiu Min couldn’t believe it.

 

“Oh,” Kris nods.

 

“…” They both sat in silence.

 

“Are you sure you want to marry her?” Xiu Min asked and Kris leans up straight in annoyance.

 

“I’m not sure, that’s why I’m telling you I don’t want to get marry.” Kris said flipping his hands into the air.

 

“Yah, I’m only asking because I know you and her have a past.” Xiu Min explained and Kris frowns.

 

“I had a past with her… But it changed.” Kris pulled himself up a little.

 

“I know,” Xiu Min smiles. “I did grow up with you two too.” He watched Kris’s expression change.

 

“I don’t think she will be willing to.” Kris whispers.

 

“Is that why you’re not sure of marrying her?”

 

“Anio,” Kris crossed his arms. “Either way, I’m not going to marry her.” He leaned back into the bench.

 

“Why?”

 

“Do I really need to give you a reason…” He stared his best friend in the eyes.

 

“Because of So Ah-sshi?” Xiu Min shook Kris’s heart and took another sip of his can of juice.

 

“Yah,” Kris chuckles. “You know too much about me.” He turned to face Xiu Min. “I’m a little afraid right now.”

 

“Yah~ the mighty Kris Woo… Afraid of a little small time doctor like me?” Xiu Min laughed. “Don’t joke around…” He joked and Kris laughed along.

 

Young Sook was sitting in her 2013 full length white Lamborghini outside the hospital, debating if she should leave or wait until Joo wakes up. She stammered on her thinking for a moment and as she reached for her keys she noticed Kris walking towards the parking area where she is park as well.

 

“Oh,” She gasped quietly. “Kris?” She knew him very well.

 

 

Kris reached out his car keys from his pockets and opened his car door. Just before he could stick one feet inside his car, Young Sook called out for him,

 

 

(LISTEN TO: Memory Sung by FT Island)

 

 

“Kris,”

 

He looks back without thinking who it could be and soon enough he became still.

 

“Young Sook?” He murmured her name surprised to see her.

 

The two of them stood there facing one another. It seemed like it was forever since the last time they had actually met or saw one another. Kris shut his car door and slowly his hands fell to his side.

 

‘Everything seemed so faint at this point…’

 

Truth was, it has been a long while since they had actually seen one another. Truth was, it has been after a year since Young Sook’s father’s funeral that they had actually talked, and now it’s been 8 years since they last saw one another.

 

“Young Sook?” Kris’s voice trembled.

 

E N D OF E P 1

 

PREVIEW OF NEXT EP –

 

“Why?” Kris asked out of curiosity. “Am’ I not good enough for you? Or…” He stopped. “Am’ I not as rich as you to be part of your family?”

“Yeah,” Young Sook came straight forward and nods a bit and Kris frowns. “Your family, I can’t trust your family.”

“What?” He gasped with annoyance, “Trust?” His eye brows rose with a slight disappointed laughter.

 

 

“… A beast?” Young Sook stopped him from leaving the table. “Let’s say you’re right, I’ve become a beast who is obsessed with not having the ability to trust no one but myself.” She wanted to cry but held her tears in carefully. “Because my father left me a lot of money that everyone wants, my selfish mother who ran out on me since I was a kid, and my step mother who is thinking of ways to get rid of me…” She looked up to Kris’s back view. “I’ve become a beast to everyone just because I learned how to put a safe wall to protect myself.”

 

Kris listens.

 

 

“Young Sook ah,” Xiu Min says and she looks over to him now noticing him, “A beauty isn’t a beast… Don’t live your life that way.” 

 

“Xiu Min-sshi.” Young Sook whispers his name wanting to cry,

 

“What?” Xiu Min looks at her now.

 

“What did you just say?” She stares gently.

 

 

“Tell me the truth,” Young Sook began, sitting across from Kris once again.

 

“What?” Kris became confused.

 

“Why did you agree to marry me?”

 

 

“Before your father passed away, He had told me to look after you… I’m dying, it’s been about 2 months now, Kris doesn’t know… Your father had entrusted you to me… And now, I want to entrust you to my son, please fulfill my wish before I die…” Kris’s father said.

 

 

“The only way to get rid of me… Is to kill me…” Young Sook told her step mother as she sat across from her during dinner.

 

 

“Abuji!” Kris and his mother rushed his father into the ER, “Abuji!!” He cried.

 

 

E N D OF PREVIEW