Chapter 7

Unspoken Words

Bang Mir already dressed with white shirt and grey jeans. He watched the clock’s moving nervously. Today he has an appointment with Dr. Kim. Going to counseling room always give him tad of nervousness, even though Dr. Kim is caring and makes him comfortable. Exceptionally for today, Mir feels extremely terrified. His hand’s fidgeting on the black gadget, scanning it for the nth times in a minute.

Joon hasn’t shown up yet.

It’s strange. Usually half an hour before the appointment, Joon will show up in the house and the three will go there together. Joon never late and always call beforehand. Mir bit his bottom lip, once again he’s scanning through his phone and still see nothing.

“Should we go?” Eunah asked him. She stood behind, rummaging through her bag for the car key.

Mir nodded slowly with uncertain gaze. Eunah smile while walking past him. “I’m sure Joon is alright. Maybe he’s sleeping. I hear about his photo shoot yesterday.”

They went out and Eunah locked the door. Mir pocketed his phone. Joon told him about the job he’s currently into. Although he said he’s on break, there are some job offers that too big to refuse. The offers are from the well established advertise company, popular magazine, and such. Last night before Mir fell asleep, Joon called from his work place.

“I’m working for fashion magazine now,” he said back then. “Are you going to sleep now? Goodnight then, Mireu. Sleep well.”

“You want to drive?” Eunah brought him back from his mind. Mir nodded and took the key from her. The trip to the psychologist is slow and light. They talked about some light stuff. Eunah is the most comfortable person for Mir to talk to. With her, Mir almost backs to his old self. He could talk freely, without feel the anxiety crawl on his skin.

Currently, it’s only her that makes him feel that way… and Joon, when they talk by phone.

“Good morning, Mir,” Dr. Kim greeted him warmly like usual once Mir entering the room.

Mir nodded slightly to her. “Good morning doctor,” he answered politely, closed the door and sit on the one of the couch there, in front of her.

“Tea?” she kindly offered Mir a cup of warm tea. The smell of jasmine filled Mir’s nose. He accepted the tea gratefully.

Dr. Kim watched his expression as the man brought the cup to his lips and gulping the tea. She smiled a small smile. “I see that you are nervous, more than usual. Why is that?”

Mir placed his cup back on the table. He rested his back and entwined his hands on his lap. He doesn’t speak for merely five minutes, before he finally decided to tell the doctor. “He isn’t here,” he said with tiny voice.

“You mean Joon?” she asked him when Mir doesn’t give any detail.

He nodded, really a micro motion that will missed if someone doesn’t pay enough attention. Dr. Kim doesn’t miss it, though. She placed her hands on her lap. “How you describe your relation with Joon now?”

“It’s…weird,” Mir said after struggled to find the right word for a moment.

“Why?”

“He… understands me,” he replied, looking at his doctor’s eyes, hoping he’ll find some answer.

Dr. Kim looked Mir on his eyes too, not once look away. “How he understands you?”

Mir is the one who broke the eye contact and lower his gaze to his hand. “He gives me space, silence. He gives me what I need and I don’t even need to talk about it.”

“Is it bothering that Joon understands you?”

He thought about it and shook his head. Dr. Kim asked another approach. “Is it making you happy?”

The young man again shook his head for the answer. He extended his hand to take his cup and sipped the tea, hoped the warm and sweet liquid could calm his nerves. “Then how are you feeling about it?” Dr. Kim asked him when Mir put the cup and looked to her.

“I don’t know,” Mir answered, sound confuse and uncertain. “It feels good sometimes.”

“How about the other times?”

Dr. Kim noted when Mir’s eyes become unfocused and looked far behind the therapist. “There are times when I don’t want space,” he whispered as thin as air.

“So there are times when you don’t want any distance with Joon?”

Once again, the young man nodded. They talk for about one hour and half, before decide to call it a day.

“Let’s meet again on Friday next week, is that okay?” Dr. Kim asked him.

“It’s okay,” Mir answered. Dr. Kim sent him off to the door.

“Let’s shake hand, shall we?” she said, extended her right arm to Mir, but not too close to give Mir space to refuse.

Mir looked at the extended hand and freeze in his tracks for awhile. It took a completely one minute before Mir slowly raised his hand and shake the doctor’s hand. His grip was loose. Dr. Kim doesn’t grip his hand in a firm grip either. She lets Mir manage the exchange.

She smiled encouragingly when the exchange was done. “See you later Mir.”

The copper haired started to walk few steps before he stopped and turned back. Dr. Kim looked at him and waiting.

“Maybe it’s because of him that I agree to get help,” Mir voiced.

Dr. Kim smiled at him. “We will talk about it whenever you want.”

“Maybe later,” he agreed before left.

***

Joon’s lying on his bed semi unconscious. He’s well aware that sweat wetted his t-shirt, stick the fabric to his skin, but he can managed to move or change. He shut his eyes tight, blocking every light. Light just worsen his headache. Lie on his back makes him nausea so he forced himself to lie on his side. Every move brought grunt out of his mouth. All his muscles feel tensed and his joints were in pain. Adding his uncomfortable, he felt extremely cold.

The sound of his phone broke the silence in the room. He grunted again when the sound nearly ripping his head. Joon weakly runs his hand to search for the device.

“Hello?” he picked up with hoarse voice.

“Oppa where are you? Aren’t we supposed to have a technical meeting today?”

Needs some moment for Joon to recognize the sound’s owner is his fellow mate, Hyuna. Joon tend to answer but something got stuck on his throat and he ended coughing.

“Are you alright?” she asked him.

“Yeah, just flu,” Joon managed to answer. “I can’t attend the meeting, tell Rain hyung about It,” he instructed brokenly.

“Okay then. Ugh, he won’t be happy to hear that,” she said and hung up the connection.

Joon closed his eyes when the screen illuminated him. He feels disorientated. What time is it? He thought. He cracked his eyes open to see his bright screen to check on the clock. He gasped, and it makes him cough again, when he saw the white number on the top right at his screen. 5.03 p.m.

Mir was all he thought about. He was going to call him when his phone rang for the second time. If before he was gasped when he looked at his screen, now he completely shocked.

Shook his head and immediately regret it when the headache shot, Joon picked up the call. “Mireu?” he said in an almost inaudible voice. “Why? Is everything alright? Do you need something?” he bombarded, blocked the phone’s speaker when he’s coughing.

On the other side, Mir is silent. It took him a great half hour to debate with himself before he finally has courage to call. Now when he finally makes the call, Mir doesn’t know what to say. Somehow, Joon’s numbers of question shut his mouth. Is that mean that he only could call when he needs something? He can’t call when he feels…lonely?

“No, it’s nothing. Everything’s alright,” Mir canceled.

Joon knows the younger was about to end the call. He frantically restrained him. “Mireu? Please don’t hung up,” he said fast, coughing at the end, but he doesn’t care. “Would you talk to me?”

The younger still doesn’t give any responses but Joon is more than glad when Mir is still there. “How is your day?” he asked. “You meet Dr. Kim today?”

Mir hummed as an answer. He doesn’t explain any further. It’s still good enough for Joon. “I’m sorry I’m not come along today,” Joon trailed, paused for a brief moment to clear his throat when his voice become less audible.

“Is it better for you if I don’t come?” Joon carefully asked, remembering his concern for awhile now. “If it’s better for you when I’m not present, then I can stop co-“

“Come,” Mir cut him off.

Joon’s too mesmerized with the answer that he forgot how to speak for the next moment. When he finally able to remember, he replies the younger. “I won’t miss it again.” Mir on the other side could clearly vision the smile that crept to Joon’s lips.

They talk for another minutes. Joon’s struggling to talk, but he excitedly told Mir about the beautiful night light he saw at work yesterday. Mir could hear a faint cough here and there, and he wondered whether Joon caught a bad flu. However, he can’t bring himself to ask.

“The wind hit strongly these days,” Joon told him. “Make sure you put your blanket on when you sleep, okay?”

“Okay,” Mir obeyed. His answer heard so pure and childlike to Joon’s ear that brought another smile to his lips. His extreme headache and sore body were long forgotten.

“I will call you later at night, have a fun day.”

Joon was going to end the call when Mir finally able to bring himself to ask. “Joon,” he called. “Are you okay?”

The younger could hear Joon’s sharp intake of breath and immediately thinks that he did something wrong. “I’m sorry,” he apologized.

“No, don’t,” Joon answered in a dazed. He lost for word for the second time today. “It’s… it’s just… this is the first time you call my name again,” he blurted out.

Mir’s completely silent, processing the news to his mind. He doesn’t notice it like the way Joon instantly did, and the fact that Joon instantly noticed and his respond about it were something that Mir decided to spare for he thought later.

“And this is the first time you initiate to phone call me too,” Joon added. “I’m very happy,” he expressed. The big grin almost tears his face but it doesn’t even close to his joy inside.

“I’m alright,” Joon doesn’t forget to reassure his cute lover. “I caught a light flu, but I will perfectly fine tomorrow, don’t worry.”

“Okay.”

Joon chuckled. “I want to see you,” he muttered under his breath, really soft that he thought the younger doesn’t hear it. But Mir does hear. “Thank you Cheolyongie,” he said in his normal voice. “I’ll call later.”

They ended the call. Joon forced himself to get up from bed, have a decent shower and eat some medicine for his fever. His condition worsens, but he feels happier than ever. He lied again on his bed and tried to catch some sleep so he’ll get better. The medicine slowly shows some effect and he drowns into unconscious.

He woke up in the middle of his sleep. He doesn’t sure what awaken him, but he realized it’s a phone call. He sleepily searched for the device and answering without looking at the screen. The information and the tone buried his sleepiness away. He blinked and rose to seat.

The next moment, he leapt from his bed, messily searching for clothes and his car key. He’s inside his car right after, driving to a very familiar road. He waited impatiently when the traffic light turns red. While waiting for it to change color, he rewinds the call in his mind.

“Joon, detective is success in caught one of the target. Detective Doojoon’s on the way to bring the suspect to the central. One of the suspects was escaped. I will send some of my men to guard Mir. Now that the suspects know the police involved, Mir isn’t safe.”

He steps the gas hard as he drove himself to Mir.

 

 

 

Written by: Honey June

 


Finally I managed to update. I'm drowning by assignments and test that my teachers all give me. It's not really a long chapter, but i'm satisfied with it. 

Be healthy guys, take care of yourself well. ^^