Dress To The Nines

1013

“I’ll pick you up at seven. Don’t forget to dress up.”

That was Siwon’s last sentence before he sent a smooch over the phone and hung up. Kyuhyun had been sitting on the edge of his bed for five minutes or so, stupefied, eyes unfocused, head tilting to one side, utterly confused of the absurd conversation he just had with his boyfriend.

Did Siwon just ask him out on a date?!

Kyuhyun frowned.

They had been in a relationship for almost four years, and they had never gone out on a date, except that one time when they managed to sneak out from the group the night before their concert in Argentina. They were completely aware that one of the downfall of living a celebrity life was the inevitable lost of privacy. They had long accepted the fact that everything related to their love life had to stay caged behind closed doors. But why did all of a sudden Siwon wanted to take him out?

“Hyung, do I have a schedule with Siwon tonight?” he asked one of the managers over the phone.

“No, you’re free tonight. And…. So is Siwon.” The manager replied, “Why?”

“Ah, nothing Hyung, I just miss him.” Kyuhyun lied, “But since he’s free, maybe he’ll come here. Thanks hyung!”

And then it dawned on him. It’s really their first ever date!! He’s going on a date with Siwon. And he was asked to dress nice. Where were they going? Why is it a secret? What did Siwon plan for them? What should he wear? How…

So Kyuhyun stormed out of his room and screamed.

“EUNHYUK–HYUNG!! HEECHUL-HYUNG!!! RYEOWOOK-AH!! KANGIN-HYUNG!! ANYONE!!! HEEEELP!!”

Everyone in the four bed-roomed apartment rushed to the maknae in a blink of an eye.

“Yah yah yah why are you screaming? Is something wrong?” Eunhyuk asked.

“What is it, Kyuhyun-ah? Are you hurt?” Ryeowook, still in his red polka dot apron, a spatula in one hand, clearly in the middle of cooking something, started fussing over Kyuhyun too.

In a matter of seconds, multiple hands started roaming his body, frantically trying to make sure if the maknae was alright. Kyuhyun slapped all those hands away and engaged a pout.

“Siwon-hyung wants to take me out on a date.” He whined.

“And what’s that got to do with us?!” Heechul asked, looking clearly annoyed.

“He’s taking me out. On a date.” Kyuhyun repeated, but his hyungs still looked  lost, until Ryeowook let a surprised “Oh!”.

“Where are you going?” the small guy asked.

“Have no idea. Siwon-hyung said it’s a secret. He just said I should dress up. Now I’m getting more nervous. What if he’s playing a prank on me?” Kyuhyun screeched.

“Don’t be silly, Kyu. He’s not you.” Heechul snapped, “Is that why you panicked? Because you thought he’s pulling a prank?”

“No,” Kyuhyun pouted, “I really…. Don’t know how to dress up. I mean… Every time we had to appear nice, all I had to do was sit quietly and let the coordi noonas deal with everything, but… but I tried calling Hyejin-noona and she’s out of town and I really… Don’t know what to do.”

Then he felt hands fell on his hunched shoulder, he looked up and found Heechul smirking at him.

“Fear not, my dear maknae. You are in good hands! Say what time do you have to be ready?”

“Seven.”

“Ah, two hours. It should be enough. Come on fairy god-dongsaengs, we need to work our magic on little Cinderella here.” Heechul ordered as he grabbed Kyuhyun by the arm and dragged him back to his room, Eunhyuk, and Ryeowook followed obediently while Donghae hopped behind, looking like an overexcited mouse and Kangin came last with arms folded on his chest.

—-

“You look pretty.” Siwon said as soon as they’re alone in the car, driving through Seoul’s unusually empty roads, and immediately corrected when Kyuhyun gave him the eye, “Good looking. I mean good looking. Hand… Handsome.”

Kyuhyun smiled sweetly. He looked pleased with the comment given.

“Where are we going anyway?” he asked curiously.

“You’ll know when we get there.” Siwon kept his mouth shut.

“At least let me know if I’m adequately dressed for the occasion, cause I’m wearing a suit and you’re wearing a freaking tux!”

Siwon chuckled.

“You’re just perfect.”

And that shut Kyuhyun up.

But when the car finally pulled over at Hannam Park, Kyuhyun couldn’t help but to voice out his protest.

“Choi Siwon are you crazy?” he hissed, refusing to get out of the car, moreover when Siwon opened the door for him and offered him his hand, “We can’t be seen in a public place like this. We… We will be exposed. What if people recognize us? What if the press is here?”

But before Kyuhyun could utter any more complaints, Siwon had shut him up with a kiss.

“I’ve learned not to care about those.” He said softly, nose still hovering a few millimeters over Kyuhyun’s, “I’m happy with you, and wouldn’t it be great if people see it too? But if you’re still afraid, we’ll take it slow. Let’s start with a date in a closed public place?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes went full round at the question.

“Are you saying… Did you rent the whole park just to have a date with me?!”

Siwon nodded with a smile.

“That’s stupid.” Kyuhyun huffed, “But thank you. Now since we’re both already dressed to the nines, make me a night to remember!”

——-end——-

 

 

-freakadellic-