Fun + Revelation

Finding My Missing Piece
Please log in to read the full chapter

The long awaited day finally came! It was the first day of the holiday program. Many little kids were running around in the hallway, playing with each other while their mothers could just shook their heads and half-smiled seeing their children’s childlike act. It almost seemed that all those little boys and girls have infinite amount of energy. But then again, who can blame them? They were just excited~

 

After around half an hour, the kids are all seated in the hall according to the groupings. There were these siblings in my group that caught my eye. They have big eyes and those cheeks that make you want to pinch them. Their names were Yoogeun and Yoojin, the former being the older one. Yoojin was much more quieter than his brother, he was very shy and also wanted to act independent at the same time, while his hyung was much more active and talkative. People (including me) fell in love with these siblings almost instantly, especially to Yoogeun. He always talked animatedly to everyone; he soon became the star of the show. Despite all the attention that he got from everyone, he actually only cared about Jongin! No matter what the group did, he would always run to Jongin and sometimes even asked to be carried.

 

While I was feeding his brother lunch, Yoogeun ran to Jongin and hugged his leg. “Ahjusshi, please feed me~” he requested while smiling cheekily.  

“Yah! Who are you calling Ahjusshi?!” Jongin exclaimed while pinching his chubby cheek because of his adorableness. Yoogeun, on the other hand, just pointed his stubby finger to Jongin.

“Aigoo… I’m not that old, Yoogeunie~”then he directed his index finger to me who sat nearby and said “Now, she’s an ahjumma”

Just a split second after that Yoogeun folded his arms then said “No! You’re the ahjusshi! She’s a pretty noona” I could only laugh like a cray cray person seeing the situation before me; Yoogeun pretending to be angry and Jongin gaping at the smaller boy.

 

In the end, Jongin still fed Yoogeun because the little one simply did not want anyone else but his favourite “ahjusshi” to feed him. Once I finished feeding Yoojin, I came over to their side too, leaving the younger one with his newfound friends. Yoogeun almost finished his meal when I arrived. I noticed something interesting too, though. Many little girls tried to act cutesy around Jongin when he was still feeding the overly hungry Yoogeun. The girls would ask things like “Oppa, how old are you?” or “Oppa, what school are you from?”. It sounded like normal questions, but coming from 4 year olds, it actually became quite funny and amusing.

 

There was also this one episode during group activity time. Yoogeun suddenly tugged my t-shirt, letting me know that he wanted to go to the toilet.  But after 5 minutes, he never came back to our group. I went to check up on him in the toilet. Seeing that it was actually a boy’s toilet I can’t really go in, right? I could hear the sound of water flowing endlessly from inside.

“Yoogeun?” I asked while knocking on the door.

“I don’t want to come out! I want to play water!”

Aish, kids these days. I didn’t know whether to call him clever or call him naughty ._.

 

Luckily, my savior came! The favorite “ahjusshi” passed by that area and I had no choice but calling him. I explained the whole situation and like an ever prepared scout, he barged into the toilet and carried Yoogeun out. Surprisingly (or not), Yoogeun only giggled while he was being carried, no evidence of struggle could be seen. It seemed that Yoogeun just liked Jongin that much~ The three of us then walked hand in hand, with Yoogeun in the middle, going back to the group activity venue.

 

The three days ended just like that. The kids seemed to have a lot of f

Please log in to read the full chapter