Confrontation

Back to you.

I patiently listened to their stories : where they were from , what made them chose that path , what were their little rituals... Il Sung remained silent and only looked at his hyungs. They showed me their favourite moves and explained what they liked doing the most. Il Sung still refused to dance. I put down my chicken piece and stared at him.
"If you don't want to speak, it's fine by me. But dancing shouldn't require much effort" I said, perfectly remembering his tape. He was a natural.
"I don't really feel like dancing.." he responded.
"Do you have a problem with me" I asked, arching my brow. Everyone's smiles started fading and the silence fell upon us. Mika elbowed Il Sung.
"Yah hyung, please just dance a bit.." He pleaded.
Even though I knew he didn't care less about what I was thinking, his hyungs opinions mattered. I knew he wouldn't let them down. He rolled his eyes, plugged his phone on the speakers and stood in front of the mirror.
When he started to move his body, I  couldn't help but smile. I was right, he definitely was a natural. He made me think so much of Kai before his debut time.
His eyes were so focused on the mirror, you'd feel like his gaze would pierce through the glass.
"I danced, can I sit now?" he asked, not even trying to cover up the provocation. WooBin shook his head , Mika buried his face into his shirt and Jin stood up.
He grabbed Il Sung's arm and pushed him away.
"Stop now! You said you'd behave!" the leader scolded, fuming.
"Okay okay time out, you can't fight over this you're a team" I said, breaking them apart. "I think it's time for you to go, your manager was kind enough to let me borrow you. I'll see you this week for the first lesson" I said quietly.
They bowed and picked up their hoodies.
"Il Sung you stay" I added bluntly. He was obviously annoyed but didn't move. I could see in the look he exchanged with Jin that he'd be better for him to listen to me. I waited for the boys to be out and I closed the door.
"Okay what's your deal? What is this?" I asked, crossing my arms.
"Nothing" He muttered.
"We just met and yet you act like I owe you something. Like I don't deserve you respect" 
"Asides from my hyungs no one deserve it" he replied coldly.
I squinted my eyes. I had so much trouble understanding him yet there was a familiar vibe coming from this.
"Care to explain."
"why would I respect someone who gave up her dream job anyway" He spitted.
"Is this what's it's all about? You don't respect me because I .. quitted?" I scoffed. He said nothing and kept looking through me like
I wasn't even there. Something was wrong. Somehow I didn't feel like his anger really was really targeted at me..
"Firstly, did your parents never teach you to respect your teachers? and secondly , so what, I quitted. It has nothing to do with you." I said coldly.
He froze at the mention of his parents. I felt like having a deja vu. He wasn't decided to talk so I decided to push his button a bit further.
"I'm going to repeat myself. How is this even related to you. My story has nothing to do with my skills."
"I'm not going to stay here and listen to your "teaching" . I don't care, I don't need it. You don't need my opinion, we don't need to get along, I'll just follow the order, who cares!" He raged.
As he was talking, clenching his fists , I realised the problem was not about me at all. His explanation was too vague and just felt like random venting.

That's when it hit me. I got flashbacks of Luhan losing it exactly like this when he learned his uncle died and he wasn't allowed to leave their first tour. I remembered how mad he got when later on Kris was allowed to go back to Canada for personal matter. It was a bad question of timing, and the company was pretty bad at handling it.
I sighed . "Did something happen to your family?" I asked , just trying to narrow down the problem. My question startled him but he still refused to open his mouth.
"I see. 
You're not answering so I guess something happened" I kept going. "Did someone get sick?" I scanned his face. "Did someone die?" His jaws tightened. I felt cruel for hitting the nerve but it had to be done.
"You happened to probably miss the funeral because the company didn't let you go. So. you're not really mad at me. You're mad at what I represent."

"I have nothing to say, I want to leave now" he spitted, fixing the ground.
"We're not d-" I couldn't finish my sentence. He pushed me out of his way and rushed himself out of the room. "..done.."

I didn't know if choosing the confrontation was the right thing to do. I wanted him and the rest of the kids to trust me and to be comfortable around me.
Yet I also had to adjust myself to all of this. I plugged my phone to the speakers and let the music fill the room. I stretched out on the floor and closed my eyes.
I've been running around since I set my feet on the korean ground , it was nice to pause everything for a minute. The vibration from my phone forced me to open my eyes and roll towards its direction.
"Are you still in the building?" a voice asked. It was Kai.
"Mhmm . dance room 2B" I replied.
"Okay!" He said before hanging up.
I lazily rolled back to my spot and closed my eyes again.  "It's a man's man's world" started playing when I heard him knocking.

He didn't wait for a response and walked inside the room.
"Are you meditating?" He chuckled taking his shoes off.  Hearing him laugh made me relax a bit.
"Sort of! Did you miss me already?" I felt his foot pushing my shoulder slightly like he was checking if I still were alive. 
"ew gross, please learn to wear socks" I scoffed. I opened one eye and patted the floor. "Join the party it's fun". He smiled and layed down beside me.
"That's not gross. socks are . They retain sweat and-"
"ew okay stop"
"Hehe"
"So.. what's going on?" I asked , surprised by this random visit.
"I just wanted to apologize for being awkward earlier" He said.
"Oh please don't. It's been 4 years, I didn't expect drums and red carpet" I laughed. I heard him sighing in relief.
"It's been a while so..but .. I'm glad that we don't have to act as strangers then" He replied.
I guessed he was trying to convince us both about this. I felt a slight bit of guilt biting me inside for not keeping in touch with him during all this time.
"Mhm." I nodded.
"Is your family okay now?"
I opened my eyes and stared at the bright ceiling. I sighed and nodded.
"You still keep doing that. You know I can't know your answer if I don't look at you" Even though I noticed he was looking at me.
"You sound like my sister" I scoffed. "Yes, they are okay."
"Good." He replied before stretching his arms. 
"Tired?"
"You have no idea" He chuckled. "Suho told me that you were working with the rookies?"
"Yep. Badass choreographer right here"
"I'm sure you stole all my moves to impress SM" he teased.
"Absolutely, thank you for this great opportunity" I replied before kicking his leg.
"You're so blond , I have troubles getting used to it" I said , ruffling his hair.
He took his beanie and covered his face with it.
"Shut up it's not that bad right? I wasn't on board with this but they wanted to give me a new look.. But I'm starting to .. liking it a bit?" He added shyly.
" It makes you look innocent , what a lie" I laughed.
"I am probably more than you!" He retorted putting his foot on my leg.
"That's true and eww can you not" 
He didn't bother to obey and put the other one as well.
"So what did you think of them?" He asked
"Oh the kids? They're good!"
"Right! They're cool"
"Did they practice with you?"
"Yeah, they hung out a lot with us when we were not busy. It won't probably happen much once they'll debut." Kai said.
"Did you give tips to Il Sung?" I asked.
" Mhmm I did. He asked us if he could dance practice with Xiumin and I."
"How nostalgic." I sighed. "He's really good though. But I feel he's going to be a tough nut to crack"
"Why?"
"He doesn't like me very much right now" I shrugged.
"Oh really? You should be nicer" He scoffed.
"Shut up!" I peeled my back off the ground and went to sat against the mirrored wall. "Do you remember when Luhan and Kris got into a fight when
you came back from the first mama mini tour?"
"Yeah , why?"
"Do you remember how they solved it?"
Kai paused for a second.
"Now that you're mentioning this .. I don't think they ever told us. You should ask Kris.."
"Okay"
"Is this why you were on the floor?"
"Yep! Il Sung"
"I see.."
"It's fine , I'll figure out something" I shrugged.
"I'm sure you will." He stood up . "Alright I think I escaped work for too long I should be going!"
"Yeah you should"
"Did one of the hyungs ask you to eat with us tonight?"
"Yeah Chanyeol did!" I squinted.
"So , we're seeing you there then?" He asked.
"I didn't say yes yet"
"I don't think you're in a place to say no though! After all this time, you can give us a dinner"
I squinted again. He smiled knowing I couldn't argue with this.
"Fine fine I'll be there" I surrendered waving my hands.
"Awesome! Also" He leaned towards me.
"Am I really hungry or your breath smells like chicken..?"
My eyes widened , I pressed my hand against my mouth . "Mphjjhj pmh OFF"
"Actually the whole room smells like chicken! I can't believe you ate chicken without me!" He said, pretending to be offended.
"Get out" I said, throwing one of his shoe at his .

 



__________________________________
Ohayou chingu o// Here is another update // finally more Kai/ Sunny action yahh o//
Thank you for the support as always!