Heartbroken

CROOK-ed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 3

97 days to go. Well, days seems so slow. I can’t endure living with this arrogant guy.

Well, if ever you’re wondering how the Day 2 goes, I just saw him at the school the whole day – Yes, with that Hara girl. I can’t seem to realize how patient and loyal he is to the girl he really loves. Or if that’s a love, I don’t know. No one knows. I don’t mind his business anyway.

“You’re not going to school today?” Unnie asked as she’s preparing the dumplings to be sold.

I am still lying on the sofa in our living room, wasting my time watching TV.

“No unnie. I only got one subject today and that’s not a matter of something I have to attend to. That’s a boring class and I bet the professor will just dismiss us early.” I answered. Honestly, I just don't want to see school for atleast today. Noooooo. Seriously.

“Aigoo! So you will just lie in there? Come on! Get up!! I’ll call Seungri to fetch you.” She nagged

“Unnniiieee! I told you I am not going...” I yelled at her.

“Aish! Why the yell?! Arrasso… if you don’t feel like going, come here and help me.”

“No. I don’t really feel well unnie. Please, don’t make me do the whole stuff again. I’ll just do the delivery tonight.”

And yea, I continued watching. I shift to another channel. @KBS. It was KBS NEWS. A familiar name caught my attention. I came closer to the TV and read. I won’t be wrong in here. That is Kwon Jiyong. Yes.

WHAAAAT?!?!?! He’s the heir of the KWON GROUP OF COMPANIES? And he’s missing? Wait. His mother is having an interview.

‘Mrs. KWON: No, that’s not true. My son is not missing. He’s studying abroad. ‘ That was the statement of his mother. Wow, his mom looks scary. She seemed to formulate a lie in an instant, not knowing his son is right here in Seoul.

But why’d she lie? Or rather, Jiyong is the one lying? I shook my head.

After finding out the truth. I asked my sister to get me newspaper. And it was really on the headline, Young Master Kwon Jiyong is rumored missing. Well, I can say, that rumor is a fact.

Finally, after a whole-day outside – this Kwon Jiyong is already here.

I stand in front of his Room’s opening. Closed arms. 

“I think you should go back home.” I suddenly uttered.

He looked at me like he wanna laugh. “I am home.” He answered.

I showed him the newspaper. He looked shock. I shrugged.

He looked at me worriedly. He held my hands seriously. Looked at me sincerely.  “Please Eun Hee-yah. Don’t tell this to anyone else. I beg you.”

“Don’t touch me.” I put his hands away. “I am planning to tell this right away straight to your mother.”

“No! That won’t happen!!!” He yelled and he seemed to be so angry. I may not know the real reason why he escaped but I think he must know the value of having parents on his side. That’s what I am concerned of. Because I grew up without parents on my side and the feeling is miserable. You have to endure every hour, every minute of spending a day without them, or worse, you’re running out of reasons to live to.

“You know what, you’re the luckiest person I’ve ever met. You have a mom and a dad on your side, you can study all you want, you can go abroad all you want. You’re an heir, then you’re running from all of it?” I yelled back.

“You don’t know everything!” He yelled again AT ME

“YES! I don’t know everything! But at least, I know the importance of having a family on my side, unlike you, you just go with your own interest without even reconsidering your mom’s feelings. You can easily do that now because your parents are still alive. But once they’re gone, you are definitely nothing!” I yelled back at him again

And we’re exchanging arguments… Not until he told me his story.

The following statements are Jiyong’s narration:

"I can still remember the memorable birthday of my life. That was year 1995. I was 7 years old. My dad brought us to Japan. We spend my birthday at Japan. All time spend within us 4. Me, mom, Yuri and dad. That was the first and last celebration I spend with them. After that, my 8th, 9th 10th and the succeeding years, I spent my birthday without them on my side. Yes, I don’t lose them physically, but I feel like I lose them emoti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter