1.

THEY DON’T KNOW ABOUT US.

[A/N] sooo late, but better late than never,right? hehehe enjoy :)

..............................................................

TAEYEON’S POV

I remember when I asked my eomma of what love is.

She said love is something that cannot be touched but can be felt, something invisible but can be seen. It was like air, something we can’t live without.

With my young mind I have never understood what eomma meant by that.

All she said was when the right time comes along with the right person, then will I only realize what she really meant.

“will I ever get to feel that?” I asked myself with only the wind hearing it.

“get to feel what?” Yuri went beside me. She has her back against the railing of the rooftop while she looks at me with her charming smile.

*degeun degeun degeun*

My heart started beating fast for an unknown reason as soon as I see her smile.

“nothing.” I simply said as I looked away from her.

I heard her chuckle before facing the view below us.

“sometimes I feel like jumping from this floor, down.” She chuckled as she said.

I looked at her curiously.

“why would you think of such? I know you’re crazy but I didn’t know you’re in a border line of being an idiot.” I giggled as I .

She gave me a funny look and stuck her tongue out.

“what more if you hear my reason?”

I raised an eyebrow and faced her with my arms folded in front of my chest.

“promise me you won’t laugh.” She pouted.

*deguen deguen*

My heart started beating again when I saw her pouting.

“I’ll try.” I grinned but she spoke anyways.

“do you believe in life after death?” she asked me without really looking at me.

“I-uh. I don’t really think that was true.”

“me either. But I’m always fascinated of reincarnations. How a person would be born again in a different peoples body, on a different place on a different time.”

I glanced at Yuri and she too glanced back at me, our eyes met and a mutual smile appeared from our faces.

“I wanted to jump from this building to run away from the life I’m in now. I wanted to know that in another lifetime….” Her face turned serious and her eyes looked like it was darker at that moment.”…will I be able to have the person I really love?”

…..

Yuri was sitting 5 seats away from me. Though I didn’t know why it was as if my eyes wanted to see her most of the time, it’s funny how people think that Tiffany was the closest member to me but the truth is it was Yuri who was the closest to me. She actually was the closest to everybody. She’s funny, she’s sweet, she’s caring and she’s even thoughtful, no wonder the other members are really fond of her.

“Taeyeon-ah, look that’s the fancammer unnie, I was telling you.” Tiffany leaned closer to me as she whispered on my ears.

“which one?” I whispered back but I did not really lean to her but instead I just covered my mouth as I spoke.

“the one wearing a white v-neck shirt with a denim jacket.”

My eyes searched for the person and my eyes landed on her.

“that’s the longest lens I have ever seen.” I mumbled as I look at Tiffany.

She pushed my shoulders a bit and shook her head.

“silly.”

I was laughing and talking with Tiffany when again I felt something was…I mean someone, there is someone who I wanted to see.

“Yuri.”

Her name escaped rather loudly out of my lips.

“what was that?” Tiffany asked.

I look at her and smiled.

“nothing..I just remembered something.”

She shook her head and gently knocked my head.

“you’re weird Taeyeon.” Her eyes bended as she smiled even more at me.

Our days have always been like this, I would seat near Tiffany we would talk, then the next day or probably an hour after, pictures of us seemingly giving love stares would circle around the internet. It was awkward on our first time but we know who we really want and there’s no reason to feel like before. We would be natural with each other and let the fans interpret what we do, if we’re feeling a bit generous we would give them skinships enough to have their ovaries explode.

“Taeyeon-ah.”

I was walking back to the van when I heard Yuri’s voice calling out my name.

“nae?”

I tried to keep my voice as normal as possible though my heart was practically beating as if it was about to go out of my chest.

“let’s walk together.” She said.

I looked at her, I didn’t know why but it just became a habit to look at her face whenever she says something.

“you’re staring again.”  She giggled as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders as we walk along.

My breath hitched as I felt her warm body close to mine.

“it’s so cold,right?” she asked as she squeezed my shoulder tighter and closer to her.

Without any words to say, I just nodded my head and bowed shyly.

Having her so close to me makes me feel like air is being out of me, this always happens and it scares me. It scares me that she has this effect on me.

Yuri opened the door for me with a smile.

“ahjumma first.” She joked.

I gave her a look and knocked her head.

"I look younger than everyone else so stop calling me that.” I joked as I stuck my tongue out at her.

She chuckled with her eyebrow raised.

“true.” She pinched my cheeks. “you’re cute…” She frowned. “actually you’re the prettiest.” She grinned as she patted my head.

I wonder what shade of red is on my face again.

…….

“I like this song.” Yuri said as she lay on her back beside me on my bed.

I peeked at her as I tear my eyes away from the book I’m reading.

“who’s song?” I asked her.

She sat beside me…closer to me. Her Ipad was on her lap as she showed me.

“Ryan Tedder.” She said.

“oh, I know the guy.” I smiled. “what’s the song?”

She gave the other side of the earphone and we listened to the song together.

I froze when she leaned her head on my shoulder.

She giggled and mumbled. “relax, Tae.”

I took a deep breath and before I could even let out the air out of my chest, it felt like my breath was cut once again as she held my hand.

“I’m holding back nothing….” She sang a little as she had her head up. I look at her and breathed deeply. “….for the look in your eyes.” She continued.

I frowned a little and shook my head.

“nice song.” I forced a smile.

“y-yeah.” She shook her head as she smiled.

I look back on the book I’m reading with reluctance as I felt her eyes on me.

“It’s crazy how we got eyes but could never see the truth before us.” Yuri said.

“what do you mean?” I asked her while I try to read on my book.

“I mean our vision betrays us. It only see’s what’s on the outside, it never really see what’s on the inside. It could never see like our heart does.”

“what if the eyes just don’t really want to see?” I asked back as I flipped a page.

“then you could just use your other senses.” She closed the book I was holding. She put it on the bedside table and smiled at me.

“can you see me?” she asked.

“I have my eyes. I had lasik, so yeah. I can see you clearly.” I grinned.

She smiled.

“Silly.” She mumbled. “if you could really see me…can you see that I like you?”