Playing with the Wind

Stuck in Dreamland

 

She had a hard time in school,

 

She couldn’t look the teachers in the eye,

 

and the kids bullied her for it.

 

Onew never understood why they were so cruel…But he admired her.

 

 

“She’s a retard,” The kids would say, “you’re a mistake” they would scream at her.

 

Onew felt sick to his stomach and he hated himself even more for being such a coward and not standing up for her…when no one else would.

 

His voice was soft and he rarely ever yelled, and he felt so intimated by bullies he wondered if anyone would stand up for her.

 

But the teachers stayed silent, so the kids just got worse.

 

Why did he like her so much?

 

Maybe it was because no matter how many rocks they threw at her, no matter how many times they pushed her, and called her names.

 

She would always get up with a smile on her face.

 

She never gave up, and she never let them get to her.

 

He admired her because she would always ask questions in class even if the kids laughed at her.

 

If only they could see the way she laughs when she reads something funny, or even

 

the way her eyes had this beautiful pain in them when everyone ignored her.

 

Onew some how started to fall for her,

 

she was the most hopeful person he had ever met.

 

She would always walk down the street noticing everything, from flowers to the clouds.

 

She noticed things that most people would ignore,

 

She loved the wind, the way it picked up her hair and how it made the leaves dance around her.

 

 

 

The day Onew finally spoke up for her,

everyone was shocked.

But they took away something that made her laugh and tore it up,

A book that her grandmother gave her was taken from her hands, the pages blown away by her beloved wind.

 

“Hey, leave her alone!” His voice cracked. Onew walked over and took the book from the kids hands “I’m tired of seeing you treat her like she her feelings don’t matter.”

 

The kids were shocked because they never heard Onew Yell; they were also surprised to see the smartest kid in school actually care for a girl who seemed worthless to them.

 

But he adored her; he loved how she would always want to hold his hand and how kissable her cheeks were.

 

 

 

Months later.

“Onew…you love...me?” She whispered in his ear as they walked the streets of Seoul.

 

“Of course, I loved you ever since I saw your delicate smile.” Onew said kissing her hand, ignoring the stares from passer-bys.