Trapped in a Box

Stuck in Dreamland

            The sound of water droplets seemed to be echoing around the filthy box that seemed to be made out of thin glass, as if it was ripped off of abandoned lights from an old school that was covered in dust.It seemed to be stained a disgusting yellow.

            And I just sat in that filth for days and days and I never knew how I got here. All I knew was my name and his voice.

            “Kibum” His lovely voice echoed in my mind just like the water droplets from what I thought was rain, that I learned was echoing outside of my prison.

            Sometimes I would get up and try to look through the glass walls but it was so dirty. I tried cleaning them, breaking; them and screaming until my voice was gone; but it seems that no one could hear me.

            Until everything became dark and the box seemed to shift up making me fall back and I knew he had to be here…somewhere outside my box.

            “Kibum, I miss you.” The voice whispered to me.

 

            “Who are you?!” I shouted at the wall while banging on it…even though I knew it was useless.  

           

            “Kibum, I just want you to know, I will always be here for you and I will always love you.” The man’s voice seemed to be shaking and I started to hear the sound of water droplets again.

           

            “Why can’t you hear me?” I whimpered “How do you know me? Please answer me! Why is the only person who seems to actually care about me, not be able to hear how miserable I am?” I started slamming my hands against the glass. through my tears I could see the scars on my arms became more noticable. I started to scream in agony backing away from the wall. “I don’t want to hurt myself anymore. I’m tired of the blood! I’m tired of not being able to talk to you! Who are you and why do you care so much about me? Why do you still keep me alive?”

            “Kibum, I just want you to know everything is going to be okay.” The voice spoke so nicely that I just wanted to bathe in the words let it take all my pain away and help me forget how tortured I am.  “Kibum, I want you to know you’re not alone. And I hope someday you will be able to tell me what’s wrong.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Beautiful people! If you are confused let me just tell you what the meaning of this is. In this short story Key has depression and cuts himself. He always hides how much pain he is in and when it comes to the one person (Jonghyun) in his life that truly loves him, he can't even tell him how much pain he is in. The box is were he hides all of his emotions and thoughts, The water droplets symbolize life, blessings, and intution.