Part Four

Our Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part Four

-Our Never Ending Love Story-

(I l still and will always love you)

 

 

It’s already their last year in high school. It meant their last time to spend the time together; watching movies until midnight, roaming around the street of Seoul just to taste the culinary of street foods, sharing each other stories at their favorite café, making fun of each other, and for Luhan to confess his love. He realized that it’s already too late for him to make Yoona stayed beside him for all of his life because she already had someone else and it was Kai, the luckiest man in the world, at least it was what he believed. He knew that he should be glad for her. Yes, he was happy for her and seeing her blissful face was enough for him, though there’s a part of him that couldn’t let go of her. He realized that it’s his own fault why he couldn’t be together with her. He should confess to her from a long time ago, long before he became her best friend. And if he had done it, his love life wouldn’t be complicated like now. And maybe the ending of their love story wouldn’t be like now; he was watching her with someone else. Maybe, just maybe, became her best friend was already enough for him. As if it was his fate.

#

 

‘My life was completely a mess’, he thought. His personal life was already ruined and now his family matters came back into his life again. After almost half of year his mom and dad tried to fix their marriage, it seemed like their relationship was already on the edge of broken. He should be thankful at least they had tried to fix up their marriage merely just for his sake. Yes he knew it, but it’s not what he wanted. He wanted to insure they got back together again. He wanted to have a warm family again like before. He didn’t want to see they went to their separate ways because it meant that he had to choose between them and he didn’t want it. He just couldn't.

“We’ve tried everything Dear. But it looks like your Dad and I can’t be together again. We feel really sorry towards you. I hope you can understand.” His mom was full of tears when she said that words. He knew his mom was also sad because of this, but he also couldn’t hide his disappointment.

“May I know why you can’t get back together again?” He asked his mom. He felt sorry towards his mom, but he couldn’t help to ask for this inquiry.

“I… I… we….” His mom a little bit stuttered. “There are so many reasons. It feels like there’s no chemistry left between us. Maybe you can’t accept this reason, but please try to understand. I hope it's the right decision for us. Oh Honey, can you dine with me in our favorite restaurant tonight? There’s one more thing that I would like to tell you.”

He really couldn’t accept this reason at all. ‘How could you end your relationship just like that just because of lack of chemistry? It didn’t make sense at all’ he thought. He wanted to argue to his mom, but he refrained himself.

“Why don’t you tell me right now?”

“I can’t. Just go with me tonight. I will tell you when we get there. Ok dear?” Before he could respond, his mom already left his room.

#

 

He was getting ready for dinner with his mom tonight. He actually wanted to call off this dinner, but when he saw his mom’s face, he couldn’t do it. ‘What if this is the last dinner he can go with his mom?’ It was the thought that crossed on his mind at that time. He wore a simple clothes, only blue denim shirt covered by a black sweater and white jeans. His mom already complained that he should have worn more formal clothes because she was wearing a red dress and it looked so formal, but he refused to change it. He didn’t find any reasons why he should wear formal clothes, though his mom did. He just went to dinner with his mom, moreover his mom didn’t explain anything about this ‘tonight dinner’; with whom, what kind of occasion and so on, so he imagined that it’s just a simple dinner.

They had arrived precisely at seven P.M at their favorite family restaurant. He was rather sad actually because it awakened his memories about his old family, his warm family. He used to go to this restaurant every Sunday night to eat dinner with his mom and dad. They would order every food that he liked. His mom and dad would tell him about their love stories; how they met, how they fell in love, things that made them fell in love for each other, or funny stories that happened when his mom was pregnant; it made him miss those moments.

They sat on the table near the window this time. It’s not their usual place because they would always sit on the table that leads to the garden and near the fountain. He had asked his mom why they sat at this table, but he just got ‘I already reserved another table and we need a change” as an answer. He looked at the menu and was ready to call a waiter to order his food when his mom said, “Wait a minute Dear. Actually this dinner is not only for us. I and Hmmm… my friend have made an appointment for dinner together. Let’s wait for them, okay?” he was surprised to hear his mom’s words just now. Why she didn’t tell me anything about it? He thought. He plastered his annoyed face, deliberately allowing his mom knew about how annoyed he was because of this. He could see his mom opened , ready to say something about ‘him being annoyed’, but then she shut again. She didn’t say anything and left him to make a call to someone. He was so bored when he was waiting for his mom’s friend, so he opened his phone and decided to send a message to Yoona.

From : Luhan

/Yoong~ what are you doing? I am bored to death here/

He didn’t have to wait long to receive a response from her. In just a minute, he already got a message from her.

From  : Yoona

/I am happy to hear that you’re bored kkk. You only text me whenever you’re bored, what kind of friend is that? :/

I am on my way to dinner with my dad. Ah Lulu, I will text you again later okay? I already arrive at the restaurant. /

He was slightly disappointed seeing her reply just now. He was really bored and now she couldn’t accompany him. He replied to her message just with ‘okay’ and emoticon ‘sad”. Then he twirled his cell phone on the table, feeling bored. But he stopped his action right away when he was seeing his mom walking closer towards their table.

“They just got here. Please greet them nicely and don’t show your annoyed face in front of them.” He barely uttered a word ‘hmm’ as a reply. When he saw his mom was standing from her seat, he lifted his head and found a man coming closer towards them. He was so surprised to see that it was a man whom he and his mom would eat dinner with. He believed that they would eat with one of his mom's colleagues and it’s a female acquaintance. But the fact was it’s a man and it made him wondering. ‘I wonder what it could mean? Is it mom’s boyfriend?’ He shook his mind so many times, hurriedly trying to shoo away his thought just now. Then he realized his mom was tilting his head towards him, giving a code to him to rise from his seat to greet that man. He got up immediately. He tried to plaster a nice typeface, but it didn’t look that good. He could just let out a clumsy grin. He saw his mom smiled brightly to that man as she passed him a handshake. And when it's his turn to greet him, he just stated his name and didn't say anything else. Then that man gave him a handshake and introduced himself as Im Su Ha.

"Where's your daughter?" His mom asked Mr. Im after he had introduced himself.

"She's going to a restroom for a minute. She said that she can't help it. I am so sorry for this inconvenient."

"It's okay."

He just sat there looking around the restaurant, not paying attention at all to their conversation. He didn't know what to do so he excused himself to go to near the fountain for a minute. He was on his way towards the fountain when suddenly he heard someone was shouting his name. He turned around and saw Yoona waving her hand. He was very surprised to see her in here, but he smiled instantly and waved back to her. He was so glad to see her in here.

"Lulu, I thought you were bored but it doesn't look like that at all. Do you eat in here too?" She asked him with her bright smile. His grin was bigger and bigger this time after he saw her smiling face.

"I was so bored earlier. I have a dinner with my mom and his male friend." He gave a different feeling when he said 'male friend'. "So, do you have a dinner in here too? Where is your table? I have to greet your Dad. I’ve never met her even for once"

"Oh really? Why we have the same situation, except the boring part? I also have a dinner with my Dad and his friend. ” He saw her furrowing her eyebrows and slightly pouted her lips. He found that she was the cutest when she was like that.

“Have you met his friend? Perhaps you’ll say something different after you’ve met his friend.”

“Oh yeah? I don’t think so Lu. I am not like someone. By the way, why I have to meet you here?” She rolled her eyes as she was folding her hands, pretending to be annoyed.

“Is it a fate?” he said while moving his face closer to hers. He liked to make fun of her. He wished to see her changing expression when she was embarrassed or angry. She knocked his head lightly and leaving his first without saying anything. He watched her from the back and a smile appeared on his face.

“Yoong, wait for me.”

He followed her from behind. At first he didn’t see that they were heading towards his table, until he saw his mom and Mr.Im. He was sure that Yoona was heading towards them. They were only 20m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter