Chapter 5

The Last Farewell (The 78th Day)

 

            1… 2… 3… Breathe. He closed his eyes as he stepped in front of the large, lone door. He carefully attempted to control his ragged breath, suppressing the forming heat traveling through out his body. The man opened his eyes and quickly barged in. A slight scowl formed as he noticed the alluring woman sitting behind the empty desk.

            “Knocking wouldn’t hurt.” Her red lips tugged up into a smirk. The man muttered a few incoherent words and sat down on the leather couch.

            “What do you want?” He sharply replied.

            “Why, I cannot spend time my fiancé?” The woman’s voice dripped with sarcasm as she emphasized the other’s role.

            “It seems like my dear fiancée did not hear my question. What. Do. You. Want?” His breathing, once again, became ragged. The man’s palms became sticky and clammy as he clenched his fists tighter. He shut his eyes 1... 2… 3… Breathe. Letting out a shaky sigh, the tension that formed in his chest disappeared.

            His future spouse, witnessing his successful attempt to retain his anger, chuckled darkly.  “Now now, calm down, fiancé dear. We don’t want another incident repeating itself, do we? Our lovely old friend Hana-”

            “Shut up!” The man raised his voice, standing up to his full height “Damn it, Tiffany. Don’t you dare ing talk about her!” His sudden outburst led Tiffany into a fit of laughter.

            “I will talk about whomever I want.” She replied sharply, after recovering back to her impassive self. “Who are you to care anyways? All you have done is been an to her.”

            “And who are you to judge?! You’re nothing but a-” The man bit his lip as he tried to calm himself.

            “What am I to you, love?” She challenged.

            “Forget it. What do you want from me?”

            “Ah, yes. I have nearly forgotten.” Tiffany picked up a black pen and swirled it around aimlessly. “Speaking of Hana, I believe we should pay her a visit. Don’t you think, Taecyeon?”

 


           

           Taehyun shivered as he pulled the thin blanket up to his face, rubbing his face on the soft material. He opened his eyes, only to be greeted by emptiness. He furrowed his eyebrows. How did he get here? Taehyun frantically looked around, but realizing it’s only his room. He couldn’t help but ignore his slight light-headedness and pains in his stomach. He silently scolded himself for forgetting about his medication’s side affects and for foolishly leaving his room without permission.

            Taehyun pause. He patted around his bed, in search of the stolen picture. He lifted up his pillow, but found nothing but a tooth. Taehyun made a mental note to rewrite the letter for the tooth fairy.

            “You lookin’ for this?”

            He turned around and saw a familiar 6-foot built man holding up a picture along with a cup of water.

            “What are you doing here?” Taehyun narrowed his eyes.

            “Woah, buddy. Don’t you miss me? It’s me, Taecyeon. Your hyung!” Taecyeon held a surprised expression from the tone the child used on him. “I came to visit you.”

            Taehyun scoffed.

            “I liked you better when you were asleep.”

            “What? Wait- why do you have my picture?” Taehyun quickly reached out and grabbed the picture out of Taecyeon’s hands.

            “More like, why do you have a picture of me?” The man raised an eyebrow, which caused the child to shoot him a glare. “Fine, whatever. You know you shouldn’t go out and about right after you take your medicine. What if you got hurt during one of your dizzy spells? What would your sister-”

            “Be quiet!” Taehyun’s childish voice rang out. “You shouldn’t be talking about noona. It’s your fault she’s like this! So shut up! Why are you here, anyways?! Are you here to hit me also?”

            Taecyeon bit his lip, controlling his forming anger. “…Buddy, you shouldn’t say that to your hyung.”

            “Yeah, so? You shouldn’t have done many things, but you still did it hyung.” Taehyun spat back, mockingly.

            The older of the two sat in silence as the younger stared through his soul. “What room is your sister in?”

            The little boy broke his gaze on the man and stubbornly looked away, “I’m not telling you.”

            “Why not?” Taecyeon frowned.

            “Cuz you’re mean.”

            “I’m not mean! What have I done to you?”

            “You were mean to my sister!” Taehyun started to spout out another rant, “Do you think she’s happy here?! It’s your fault, and you know it! If you weren’t such a bully and hit-”

            “Taehyun, it’s time to take your medication.” A new voice entered the room. The nurse looked over at Taecyeon, “Sir, I believe you must go now. This young man needs a rest.”

            The nurse put on a gentle smile and led him to the door as Taehyun sent Taecyeon one last scowl.

 


 

             Tiffany sauntered towards the glass automatic door, tightly clutching onto a wrinkled, laced envelope. Her heels clicked loudly against the smooth tiled floors as she stepped into the building. Involuntarily, her nose instantly rose up into a small crinkle once the sick patients came into view. The wretched stench of the bacterium instantly churned her stomach. Even so, she continued to walk towards her destination. 

 



 

 

Hey guys! 

Meh, sorry for the late update. My chapters are getting shorter and shorter.

It's kind of embarassing... but I'm loosing my interest into writing this story. 

I'll try to continue updating! but it's just feels like nobody is reading becaue I don't get any comments! 

Well enough of my complaining. I started a new drabble series starring EXO (: Kindly support it ! 

 

Anyways, new character! Tiffany is going to play a major role in this story, so stay tuned^^ 

Now, it doesn't mean that I dislike Tiffany because she's the antagonist, I love Tiffany with all my heart. I'm a Sone myself, but I thought that Tiffany fit the role of the y, mature, snarky and sarcastic character. 

Thanks for reading^^