Chapter One

The Secret She's Hiding

 

 

"Three hundred years ago, due to the indiscriminating attacks of the vampires, a policy to completely wipe them out was implemented. However, the vampires were at the risk of extinction because of this. Soon, after considering their rights, the policy was stopped and it has been two hundred years since a peace treaty was formed. They say that they do not blood now. But they are still very dangerous to us humans. Yesterday on the news...."


"Isn't there a way to just round them up and completely banish them?
"But how do we tell them apart? They look similar to us humans!" 

"I believe this is so true so listen up. Vampires burn alive when you show a cross to them. So if I were you, I'll carry a cross with me from now on. Who knows? Someone in our class might secretly be a vampire..."



RRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGG~ 

"Okay class, enough for vampire talks and take your lunch. Class dismissed."

"Goodbye Mr. Han~"


Everyone grabbed their lunch and gathered around in one corner of the room. Chorong isolated herself from the group and quietly ate her lunch. 

"Ahh, they can't eat real food."
"Right. I also heard that they can't eat garlic as well."



"Hey Chorong, do you want to eat with us?"
Chorong lifted her head up and a warm smile was plastered on her face. "No, I'm more comfortable eating by myself."
"Oh...okay?"


"What's with her? I asked her out of consideration..what a ."
"Ah, you mean Park Chorong? I guess she's just like that."
"I've never seen her even try to talk to anyone else since the day she transferred. Does she think she's better than everyone else?"
"Yeah well, I guess she's pretty attractive. I heard that the guys from the other section call her "Ice Princess."
"...what? Seriously? How disgusting--"
"Hey, we better lower our voices or else..she'll hear us."
"Moron, I want her to hear us."



"...I guess I can't get over this after all. This shouldn't be how anyone should've live.." She sobbed and wiped the corner of her lips after throwing up all the food she ate. She sat on the toilet and grabbed something in her bag. It was a small pack of pig's blood. "I feel stupid.." She sighed and inserted the straw into the pack of pig's blood and sipped. "..and I have never drank human blood. Neither my mother or father.
It's a little unfair .... Ahhh, I feel a lot better now. .hmm. I'll just ignore whatever they say. It's not like this is the first time that they said something like that. I can just live out my life like this. You're doing good. Park Chorong. You're doing good."



Soon, classes finally ended and so she made her way to the train station. Her phone rang.

"..What? Uncle? It was uncle?"
"Hmm. I guess he made a mistake when he was drunk. You know how he acts when he's drunk."
"But its not like he blood from a human or something right? 
"What are you saying?! Does he look someone as brave as that?And our fangs have been broken down do it'll be hard to pierce flesh anyway"
"Tell uncle to quit drinking now. Something worse might happen.."
"Ha ha ok i will. I'm hanging up now Chorong."
..


The train arrived and she finally made her way in. She looked for a seat and casually made herself comfortable. 
"Ahh, why am I feeling so tired today? It must be because of the news about uncle. Should I take a nap? Nah, I might miss the stop just like the last time..." She paused for a while. "Ahh, what's this smell? I smell something sweet..I.....I want to eat it.." She unconsciously nipped the neck of the guy who was sitting next to her.

"IM IN DEEP TROUBLE." she thought.

"You...what are you?" The guy widened his eyes and turned pale to what just happened. He doesn't know why she did that. Both of them stared at each other for a couple of seconds. None of them dared to utter a single word.