Chapter Three

The Secret She's Hiding

 

 

"Excuse me, do you know where Park Chorong is? I've been looking for her but I couldn't see a single trail." The tall, skinny girl with a dyed hair asked one of Chorong's classmates.

"Chorong? Ahh, you mean the transfer student. She's right there." She pointed out inside the classroom where Chorong was sitting on her chair, laying her head on her desk. "I think she's feeling sick though." She added.
"Oh, thanks girls." 
"Welcome, Miss." 



"Oh my God, she's my type. She's so tall and and and um look at that perfect body." She giggled.

"Chorong, let's go out for a while. Don't worry, I already talked to your teacher."
Chorong raised her arm and slapped her hand away without looking who it was.
"I told you im fine...go away." She spoke softly.
"...But Park Chorong, it's your aunt."
"..Aunt?! Oh, you're here"
Her aunt touched her forehead and said, "Aigoo, look at your fever. Let's have some lunch."

"Ahh~ I feel refreshed. Thanks a lot auntie. If you didn't come, I would've extremely starved."
"So how's school? Are you getting used to it? have you made a lot of friends?"
"I told you I don't need those things."
"What do you mean THOSE THINGS? You only have one year left before you graduate so try to enjoy and socialize more."

Chorong simply shrugged and got another pack of pig's blood.
"And I shouldn't eat here I guess."
"What do you mean SHOULDN'T? I don't see anyone here. And besides, they'll think you're drinking tomato juice."
"But still-- If people will know that I am a vampire, i'll be treated like a monster and then there will be rumours...we might have to move again."
She sighed.

 

"I see, you've been out of control lately. You even did it twice. No less." Her aunt let out a soft chuckle.

"It's no laughing matter. I'm never used to do these things so it's really weird."

"Hmm, maybe you like this guy?"

"What? THat wouldn't even make sense."

"Haha, I guess. But that could actually be a reason. I did that in my younger years too. It's really hard to control yourself especially when you meet someone who has a really sweet blood. You found it hard to resists because that guy was just really like that. "

"But what If I really go and on someone's blood?"

"What's there to worry about? You grind your fangs and all. If you dont bite them with intent, then not a single drop of blood will come out. So don't worry."

"..Okay. But auntie, have you ever drank human blood?"

"Nope. Why"

"What would it taste like? Would it taste much better than pig's blood. You know..just wondering."

"Well I've heard that once you've tasted human blood, it's hard to control yourself. Then I guess it tastes that good? But once you get into it, it's painful to quit with the strong withdrawal symptoms. There's great long term side effects as well."

"Just like drugs?"

"Yeah. In other words, once you're addicted, you're in trouble. Chorong, I have to go. I got a message from my manager and there's an urgent meeting I had to attend. Don't forget to go over my place this weekend, okay? Take care."

"Bye auntie~ Thanks for the lunch!" She waved at her and waited until her aunt was no longer in sight, then, she walked up back to her classroom.

 

 

Suho got a tennis ball and repeatedly threw it to the wall, repeating it over and over again.

"What the hell, was she a psycho? Doing things like that. And then pretending not to know anything about it. Then hugging me for no reason.." He thought. "Yeah, she's a total weirdo....And im weirder."

 

"Band Club. This way." Chorong grinned from ear to ear as she saw a poster. She followed the direction and finally found a small classroom.

"It's pretty shabby here, is it abandoned now?" She looked inside through the window and saw a guitar.

"A guitar! Oh, the doors are open." She slowly entered the room and played with the guitar.

"I like the guitar. BEcause when Im' playing it, i don't think of anything else~" She thought and kept on playing until she finally finished one song.

 

/clap, clap, clap/

 

She turned around and saw Jung Eunji, her classmate.

 

"Woah, transfer student, you're really amazing! AWesome! totally awesome." Eunji scooted closer to her. "How about joining the band club?"

"..what?!"

 

 

 

"Why do you keep on following me, Eunji?"

"eH? Im not. I go this way too, you know. But hey, since when did you start playing the guit--" Yaaa! Chorong, dont run away from me!" Eunji chased her down.

"Join the band club!!"

"I told you I just play for fun!"

"Don't you think it's a waste of your talent if you just "PLAY FOR FUN?" Eunji finally caught her. "Gotchaa!"

"We can practice together and and and we can put on an awesome performance in the festival."

"I said I didn't want to. How many times do I need to repeat what I said?"

"I dont believe you. If you became part of the band club, you can play the guitar you like as much as you want. How could you not want to? Is there a reason you can't join? If there is, then tell me. I'll help you."

"...I-im going to study." Chorong turned around, letting her back face Eunji. 

"What? Urgghh. woah I almost threw up. Man, you're saying some boring stuff. To spend your teenage years studying, you're quite boring, arent you? Are yo going to study throughout the year and graduate with having any memories?"

"Yeah i am."

"dont you feel lonely after transferring? Come on and join the club. Im' sure you'll make a lot of friends."

"Im fine, being alone."

"Argh/ You-- Youu. Hey, we can do fine without you, okay?! Do you know how many people come to ask about joining and all?! You're going to regret not taking this chance you know. "

"Hmpp. Do you want to say anything else?" Chorong was getting annoyed.

"N-no. Okay , look I'm sorry. Let's discuss about this tomorrow. okay?" Eunji ran away without even looking back.

 

The next day

 

"Park Chorong, Oh so ~ let's continue where we left off yesterday." Eunji grinned. 

"..ehh"

Yoon Bomi, Eunji's bestfriend joined their discussion. They begged Chorong to join the club, finally, they were able to please Chorong. 

 

 

"Okay now im going to begin. Listen up closely." Suho's friend, Lay investigated some informations about Chorong.

"Yeah"

"Name: Park Chorong. Age: 18, : Female."

"Yeah, yeah. I know that."

"Hasn't been long since she transferred and between the guys, she's known as the "ice princess".

"Ice princess?"

"She's pretty, but doesnt speak a lot and has no change in expression. That's also probably why she doesn't have any friends. She's always alone. If she was a little more active, she'd be really popular..geez.how sad. Ahem! Anyway, numerous guys have confessed to her already but she rejected them all coolly." 

 

( guy: Please go out with me // Chorong: No. )

 

"But maybe that's her charm. Because that made everyone more anxious.  Well, I guess she;s cute but she's not my type so I dont really get it. Anyway, that's all the information I know."

"No, I wanted to know whether her displays of affection are crude, whether necks attract her or if she has someone she likes or something."

"Urgh, how could you say that to a cute girl like her? You bastard. But why would Kim Joonmyun, the person who hated "WO" in "WOMAN" suddenly take an interest in a girl like her?"

"Nothing really. I was just wondering what kind of girl she was. "

"But why are you so curious about her? Are you in love? Looking at your expression, it's like you're pretending you're not`"

"Tch, Think whatever you like. I cant be bothered.

"Honestly..I thought you were interested in me after all this time."

"WTF you little--"