Chapter 4

Beauty and the Beast (-ish)

A/N: This story was set in a western-liked village (that's why there were forks and not chopsticks lol), when there was no technology and stuff like that, except for things like guns. Just imagine the setting of the Disney's BaTB.


It was pitch black when Yoongi felt his eyelids started to droop. Time flied and before he knew it, it was bright again the next time he opened his eyes.

An uneventful night.

Or actually, it was a peaceful sleep after a while.

Rubbing his right eye, he let himself daze for a moment before for an unknown reason, called out to the air.

"I need to use the bathroom."

As rediculous as you might think, this luxirious of a room neither have a bathroom nor a mirror. He must be looking like , and his mouth was bitter as . 

When he was sure no one, or nothing was going to respond to his call, the familiar face from last night came to his sight out of, of course, nowhere.

Believe it or not, this situation still worried the out of him, but he did understand that panic wouldn't solve .

A blink later, he found himself standing in front of what seemed like a white gold framed mirror incised with detailedness, wasn’t too big, but still wide enough to reflect a significant part of the wall behind, which was tiled with colorful and lustrous stones. Same went with the floor. He died inside a little, because whoever designed this catsle must had an insipid past and decided to turn the tables, or they were just loaded.

He did everything he could to make himself feel hygienic, but didn’t dare to take a bath because stripping all your clothes off and enjoying a relaxing warm bath was definitely not an accurate option at the moment.

This time though, when he was wondering if he should call out loud again because he somehow automatically assumed that the bathroom also didn’t have any door, he saw one.

Strange enough, his first thought was not something like ‘A door! Now I can finally escape!’, because it was stupid. He knew that getting out of this place was anything but easy. His mind unconsiously wondered back to the summer two years before this incident, when the reason he was still standing here, alive, disappeared because of the one word trapped.

Suddenly felt flame climbing onto his skin, he snapped back to reality only to realize that there was no flame, that he was safe. That the wounds were healed.

He released a big sigh and raised his palm to soothe his aching head, taking heavy steps toward the door. It was a single door made of wood, stale from all the dust and gave the feeling it was going to moulder any moment.

He gently placed his hand on the rusty metal handle and hesitated for a moment before turning it, hoping the door attached to it wouldn’t give up on him.

The wooden door released a squeak sound as it moved, and he felt warmth delightfully breathed into his face. It was awfully familiar. His heart raced and he knew it was too late to pull the door shut again when he saw a lonely white-clothed back, and the flickering red light next to it was only the second thing came into sight.

The first time he saw the rose, he felt it was an impel to snatch the thing and take it home, to make their life better, to bring glory to his family, to confound anyone who looked down on him and his brother.

But this very moment, he could careless.

He froze and stood there statued, out of fear or something else he didn’t know, eyes glued on the person’s back. As if it was the reason for his turning a blind eye on the rose.

---

Jungkook stayed up all night.

He didn't dare to even doze off, because he feared that the moment he closed his eyes he might miss Yoongi's knocking, so he gulped a whole pot of strong tea.

Beside the sound of crickets chirr and dogs broken barking, it was a solitude until just before dawn.

The tea kept him awake, but not so conscious. Therefore when there were knockings on the other side of the door, he had to take a moment before realizing something had broken the silence.

He rushed toward the source of the sound and flung open the door, only to see Jimin whose hair was flecked with early dewdrops.

“What are you doing here? Isn't it quite far from where you live?” Jungkook widened his eyes in surprise.

“Well, I came to check on you. Has Yoongi been back?” Jimin lightly shook off his humid locks with small fingers, answering in low tone.

Jungkook’s eyes darkened at this, broodily shook his head.

“I figured. That’s why I came at this hour. Let's go.”

“What?” The younger was taken aback. “Go where?”

“I told you, didn’t I? That we’d go find Yoongi if he didn’t return the next day. Come on, Seokjin is not gonna like it if he finds out.” Jimin said, grabbing Jungkook’s wrist. “He’s probably called Chief Kim by now and will go all ‘let the police do their job' and make us wait. The police never solved anything.”

Jungkook was speechless for a brief moment before struggling out of the elder's hold and went back inside.

“Let me grab us some coats, you look frozen.” Just before he entered the doorway, he swung around and pressed a chaste but heavy kiss on the other's cheek. “Gosh I love you so much.”

“You're welcome.” Jimin mumbled as he held the deeply blushed cheek with one hand, looking away at one moment and the very after immediately called after Jungkook to hide his embarassiment. “Hurry up!”

---

The white-clothed back didn’t make Yoongi wait long, or that was what he thought, because it only felt like a blink of an eye when he saw it moved.

He took a step back and was prepared to run away, but then he remembered what he said to the white oval face. He wanted to talk to the Beast, and this probably was his only chance.

Easier said than done, his tounge wouldn’t move.

When the Beast stood up from where he was sitting and turned around, a large part of his face was shadowed in the dark, revealing only a frigid and light-colored pair of lips.

To tell the truth, Yoongi was fairly disappointed, because who wouldn’t want to see that god-like of a face more than once. But again, he didn’t have to wait for long, because the Beast took a step forward and after each tread of leather boots, little by little, the shadow on this façade came off.

As the Beast stepped closer, the temperature slowly increased. Though it wasn’t anything close to unbearable, if not relaxing. Yoongi had always been fond of this, ever since that time on the highest floor and the first time he woke up in that doorless room.

But then he wondered, if this was calm before storm.