1

Beauty and the Beast (-ish)

 He was ed up.

 Wandering in the huge maze-like, curse-rumored castle wasn’t a very wise idea, especially when the wanderer had no good intention.

 Swallowing his saliva while taking the lightest steps he could manage, nervous sweats couldn’t stop flowing. How did he even get himself into this crap?

 Shaking his head slightly, he tried not to think about the incident earlier, or his brain would literally explode out of anger and frustration. His patched left eye stung and the left of his head hurt a little. He just wanted to get the thing and get out of here, fast.

 They said it was a flower, some said it was a red, bloody-colored rose that held some of a power that he didn’t actually care, or wanted to care. His legs were starting to lose its strength due to the climbing, but the nervousness seemed to have invaded his mind greatly that he didn’t quite have the mood to pay attention to it. After what seemed like hours, or it actually had been hours since he set his foot in the castle campus, he finally reached the highest floor.

 Was it because it was the highest floor that the feeling wasn’t the same anymore?

 The atmosphere was almost comfortable, his heartbeat eased down a little.

 And warm…

 He took a breath.

 The nervousness and the pain suddenly disappeared like they’d never been there in the first place.

 The fragrant scent lingered lightly just above his dropped hands. His fingers moved on their own to feel around, like they could actually touch what was soaring in the air. It felt like it was embracing him, and delicately pulled his body along with its lithe, but nowhere near fragile, incorporeal hands.

 His feet unconsciously stopped at an old, dusty wooden door, and as if it told him to, he raised his hand to push it open.

 But he barely touched the door when the door opened on its own, releasing a squeak sound as it moved.

 The room was pitch-black. But just before his eyes was the only source of light that shined so brightly, so bright that it could have lit the whole room up, but somehow kept it just for its own.

 Just for the rose it was holding.  

 His mind lost its track for who knows how long, when something suddenly hit.

 The rose.

 There it was.

 A smile took place on his lips when he remembered the reason why he was here in the first place. He’d found the rose.

 The flower looked so delicate, yet so captivating. It was floating as if Tinkerbell had given it some of her fairy dust and imbued with something so magical.

 He took a step forward. And then two, three, and before he knew it, he was standing right in the interval of the rose’s flickering light.

 Had he ever felt so warm, so secured.

 This was it. Tons had tried, but no one had ever been able to come back out, let alone come back with their goal been accomplished.

 “I’ll be the first one.” The muttered under his breath overwhelmingly.

 But everything comes with a price, doesn’t it?

 Before he could even set one finger on the sprig, he felt his surrounding shook a little, literally. And then he heard footsteps.

 He panicked as the steps got louder and louder, like the owner purposely banged their feet onto the ground as hard as they could possibly managed, but he knew- he just, knew- precisely that it wasn’t the case.

 The room was spacious, he knew. But its darkness made him feel like a mouse trapped in a narrow cage, the only way out was also the way to Death.

 His heart was racing and his head was spinning from pusillanimant.

 He had these ing problems with his state of mind and still he agreed to go in this bloody horrible place.

 

 What if it was the Beast?

 There was a Beast, right? Granted whatever specie it was, no one liked thieves. And he was obviously being one.

 What would he do then? He ran? But there wasn’t a way.

 Then...

 He died?

 

 Yeah, he was ed up.

  

 


Idk, it's too short for a chapter so, more like a prologue?