Chapter 3

Beauty and the Beast (-ish)

A/N: I was very busy with university and finally BTS got me back. I just realized the vibe of this fic ing matches Blood, Sweat & Tears so I decided to update after 2 ing years (gotta thank Jimin for that gosh baby I'll give you so much screen-time-ish. That means plenty of kookmin for ya'll. Heck I'll even make it the main paring along side taegi if I can). Hope you guys go on this journey with me again because I will ing try to finish this and make it interesting enough (because Jimin).


Yoongi didn't know how long he shut his eyes nor when did he even close them, but after sometime without any impact (and the air surrounding him was fervet as ), he found the courage to let the light and the heat hit his sight. 

To his surprise, or was it disappointment he didn't even know, greeted him was not the breathtaking of a face but one empty wooden chair. He turned his head around to search for the only present from before but only to no avail. 

He didn't hear the door's clattle.

Sighing tiredly, he brought one hand up to rub at his patched left eye. The pain came back, again. This was definitely more frequent than usual. 

The heat still lingered.

He patted his own cheeks twice. First thing first, gotta get out of here.

Throwing himself off the bed, he hurriedly made his way towards the door.

And only to realize that, there was no door. At all.

Where is the ing door? He grimaced in confusion.

Anxiety started getting ahead of him as he also couldn't find a window. Frantically rummaging through every spot that could be a hidden path or something close to that, he slumped onto the bed and grabbed his face with his hands frustratingly after an unavailing search.

. . He shouldn't have taken on that bet. He shouldn't have been so stubborn on saving his family's face. So what if his brother lost a little bit of his pride. So what if they held the lable of cowardness for some times. If he was rotten dead here, all of those were just bull.

ing stupid. Why did he even resent a kid's word?

---

The light in the room slowly darkened as time flied. Where was the light coming from anyway?

Guessing this meant it was evening (due to this was no normal castle), though the amount of light was still enough for him to find his way, Yoongi only got more nervous.

The beast really didn't want to let him out.

He really wanted to do something, to try something to find an escape path, but there seemingly wasn't anything that let him.

As he lying on his back on the bed, desperatingly trying to figure out a possible solution, he heard a sound that seemed like wind.

Wind?

The chilling feeling next to him made his head turned without any thought, only to be greeted with a chalky, oval face.

If it was a face at all.

This encounter was a little too much for him to have an immediate respond, so when his soul settled back down from the ceiling or somewhere above, he saw a small table of edible stuffs which was totally an understatement because he had never seen dishes so luxirious in his life, and the seemingly face was nowhere to be seen. 

His salivary glands blatantly betrayed his mind's admonitory of These ing junks will kill you don't eat them as he grabbed the silver fork and knife on either side of the main dish and imbibed one hell of big bite. Can't blame the fact that his last meal was from last night, really.

He waited for two or three minutes to make sure the meat didn't do him anything wrong before digging right in again when he realized, well, it was safe.

After his final gulp of a cup of apple juice, the chalky face appeared out of nowhere again.

Only then did he have the chance to finally observing the face to see if it was a face at all. 

It was definitely a face, for sure, but that was it. Beside a pair of scraggy and lengthy arms hangings loosely on its sides.

This creeped him out a little, to be honest. But somehow he can feel that it didn't have any bad intention. For now.

As it grabbed the small table and slowly faded away, he hastily called out. 

"Wait a sec!"

The chalky face turned solid again and tilted its lonely head.

"Please, hear me out," He gulped. "Did the owner of this catsle send you here? Could you tell him to let me out? I'm really, really sorry for invading your territory, but I swear, I'm not going to steal anything. If he lets me out, I swear I'll never tread near this place again, ever. So please-- Or at least let me talk to him--" 

Before he could finish his flowing words, the chalky face had disappeared.

His mouth hanged open and he slowly closed it before sitting back down on the bed. Drawing his palms to his face again, he groaned deeply.

"What am I gonna do?"

---

Black quill moved delicately, a man has his back facing an old, rusty wooden door. Red flickering light shone one side of the man's face, yet the blond locks somehow outshone on their own.

A chalky, oval face hovered toward where the man was sitting, let out something that sounded like grumbles. As if recieved some sorts of acknowledgement, it hovered a bit more around the man and slowly disappeared.

Weird. Did it see its master smirking?