Chapter 14: My mother, my everything

Are we just friends?

Chapter 14: My mother, my everything.

With the very successful debut, Apink surely made an impact on the K-pop industry with their pure and innocent image. The group was often praised for their well harmonized singing and also synchronized dancing. This is all thanks to their hard work they’ve been putting for the past year or so. Being the hot topic wherever they go, Apink have to take care of their images. They’ve gotten a strict warning from their president to never mention any boy group idol or even pick any male celebrities as their ideal type. They are only allowed to explain the characteristic of what they want as their ideal type. They are also aren’t allow to go anywhere without their manager and cannot freely wonder about without the company’s consent. With rising popularity, comes great responsibility. Any rumours or scandals might bring the group down, and that is something that no one wants to happen.  With all this restriction, the members slowly feel the stress building in front of them.

“Can we go down to the Han river for a jog, manager oppa? It feels so stuffy here in the dorm,” Chorong asked to their manager.

“No you can’t. There are too many people there.”

“Alright then, how about the jogging track near our dorm?” Chorong bargains.

“You can’t either,”

“Where can we go then? We need to keep in shape though,”

“You can just use the dorm’s gym downstairs,”

“B-but we all want fresh air,”

“Sorry girls. I know you all have been in the dorms for a week now, but there’s nothing I can do. I’m just doing my job according to the president’s order,” their manager says to them with a solemn voice.

Lifeless, all of them dragged their legs back inside their rooms.

2eun’s Room

“I can’t believe this. We can even go to the jogging track near our place. We are no longer children who need constant attention,” Naeun initiated the conversation.

“This is all for our best Naeun-ah. Hang in a little more, sweetheart,” Eunji replied as she pinches Naeun’s cheeks slightly.

Naeun can only smile after hearing Eunji’s encouraging words and slightly blushing afterwards when the latter wasn’t facing her. While Eunji is busy re-arranging their stuff on their cupboard, Naeun approached her with a tight back hug. It caught Eunji by surprise, but little did she realised, that she was enjoying it as times pass, for what it seems like forever.

“Thank you for being so supportive when times are tough unnie. You’re one of the major reasons why I’m still in this,” Naeun says as she rests her chin on Eunji’s shoulders while still in the back hug position.

“That’s the beauty of being in a group. We are here for one and another. You can’t quit now Naeun. You’ve come so far and it’s not Apink without our pretty Son Naeun or any of the other members,”

“This is why I like you the best. You’re so full of sense,” Naeun says as she plants a kiss on Eunji’s cheeks.

“Thank you, princess. Now, if I may take your lovely hands and let’s start clearing this mess together your highness?”

“Of course you can,” Naeun replied and they both get into work together.

HaJoo’s Room

“Don’t you think this is all too much Hayoung? We’re treated like animals,” Namjoo whispers as she shakes her head in disbelief.

Hayoung can only nod, agreeing to what Namjoo said.

“However, I think the other unnies are enjoying this a little bit don’t you think?” added Hayoung.

“Since they can’t go out, they spend more time inside their bedroom together. Is that what you meant?” Namjoo replied.

“Yeah, I think there are pros and cons of what we’re going through right now,”

“I see what you mean,” Namjoo replied as she side eyed Hayoung and both of them just burst into a huge laughter.

ChoMi’s Room

“I feel like I’m 16 years old all over again,” Chorong says as she let out a chuckle, thinking about her younger days.

“Why? Happen when you’re 16?” Bomi asked.

“Well, I was going through the teenage life. Like any other kids I also sometime have misunderstanding with my family members,”

Bomi was now paying more attention to Chorong now. Not that she bothers what the story is about, but at how beautiful Chorong is when she’s concentrating to tell a story.

“I really wanted to be a singer, but my mother wasn’t so pleased with my decision. When I was waiting for the results for my audition, my mother somehow found that I went to audition secretly. She, of course wasn’t please as she says that being a singer doesn’t guarantee a stable income. I am a very bright student ever since-“

“You are a bright student? That doesn’t seem like it at all,” Bomi interrupted.

[Bomi] Oh! I am somehow paying attention to her story while admiring her face. Yah, Yoon Bomi; not bad you can kill two birds with a stone.

“Yah! Are you going to listen to me or not?” Chorong yelled back.

“Sorry sorry. I’m not going to interrupt you again,” Bomi replied sheepishly

“Before I was rudely interrupted, where was I? Yes, that’s right; I was a bright student ever since elementary school. She wanted me to continue to my studies, to overseas even maybe. She said she wants me to be successful so that I can have a comfortable life in the future. Not that I purposely wanted to go against her, but my dream have always been a singer and I will hard to achieve that,” Chorong continued.

“So why did you run away, again?” Bomi replied as she slowly gets disinterested in the story.

Chorong only managed to let out a sigh and roll her eye as she starts talking again.

“She scolded me and being the rebellious kid back then, I ran from home. It wasn’t for very long though. I didn’t pack enough stuff so I had to come back home late at night. Ever since then, I was grounded. I can only go for school and hapkido practices. It drives me insane. I can’t go watch movies, have lunch outside or hangout with my friends,”

“So are you and your mother fine now?” Bomi questioned.

“Yes we are fine now after I apologize for my wrong doings although it was hard. After looking back, I feel quite stupid now for doing things that made my mother worried,”

“Well, at least you have a mom to begin with,” Bomi whispers and unknowingly shed a tear.

 “Bbom ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t know,” Chorong somehow heard Bomi whispers.

“No it’s okay. It wasn’t your fault,” Bomi replied as she starts dapping down her tears that flowed more than she expected.

“I’m so sorry bbomi. I should have been more careful,”

“It’s definitely not your fault. It’s my fault for asking,”

[Chorong] How is it that it’s your fault? Stop making me guilty Bbomi ah.

Feeling the guilt that’s building up inside her, Chorong help Bomi to dry her tears. As she felt that drying her tears wasn’t a big help, she quickly gave Bomi a hug and the next thing you know, she was also tearing.

“Why are you crying now?” Bomi ask Chorong.

“I’m- I’m just sorry. I’m sorry. I’m really am so—“

Chorong words were stopped by Bomi’s finger which landed on Chorong lips.

“What are you sorry for? My mother passes away when I was 9 and I have been living with my dad, older and younger brother. I grew up among three males, I’m stronger than you think I am,” Bomi explains herself as she lets out a smile.

“It was a tough period but I got over it. I’m sure she’s looking down at me happily, now that I’m happy with 5 other sisters,” Bomi continued.

Surprised at how Bomi was so calm about it, and still manages to carve out a smile, Chorong was really bewildered.

[Chorong] She is a really strong-willed child.

“I’m amazed at how calm you were. You’re really something Yoon Bomi,” Chorong finally get to relax a little after seeing Bomi’s response.

“She was my everything. She supported me when I said I wanted to be a tennis player. Ha! Can’t you believe it? I actually wanted to be a tennis player,”

Chorong looked on Bomi still amazed.

“She’s my driving force for whatever I’m doing right now. She meant the whole word to me. So, what I’m trying to say now is that, treasure your time with your mother alright? Every moment is precious,” Bomi continued.

Chorong could only nod her head in shame.

They spent the night together on Chorong’s bed. It was a little cramp, but that was the only thing Chorong could offer, a little comfort for the young one.

[Bomi] Tonight wasn’t so bad after all. Mother, I know you’re up there. Thank you for introducing me to Chorong unnie. She’s really a keeper. As you can see, she’s taking care of me well. Don’t worry about me alright?

;~;

A/N: Hi guys! I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am writing this! I apologise if this fic is a little long and draggy. I will try to end this soon (on a high note of course) ;)

I want to challenge myself to a one shot of ChoMi (I think that’s the only way for me to write something straight to the point) Most probably after that I might start with a different pair or different group maybe. What do you guys think? Do drop me a comment!

Have a good day everyone! :D

P/S: I’m a Girl’s Day and Ailee fan as well! ^^

OH OH! And who else is enjoying the drama Plus Nine Boys? I know I am! Chorong is extremely adorable even though she haven’t spoken once (yet) hehehe. I also ship JinGoo x Seyoung they are seriously cute as well! ^^

@OrangeLove Hiiiii! It’s you again. Thank you for constantly commenting on my story! I hope you enjoy today’s chapter! ^^

@akumatsubasa Hiiiii! It’s you again (also) HEHEHEHE. Thank you for constantly commenting on my story too! I also hope you enjoy today’s chapter as well.

You two are like my only fans(?) *chuckles* JUST KIDDING! ;)