Two.

SECRETLY

"What?" I raised my eye browse when i heard what my mom said.

"You heard me, Hyura. Now go." She even pointed my room's door.

"Aish!" I walked towards my room with a heavy heart.

Mom said that a distant cousin of mine will live with us for two months. She just graduated college and is from California. Although she's only Korean by her mother, she's fluent with the language and also accustomed to our culture.  She already arrived and just decided to stay at a hotel for the first two days.

Mom wanted me to clean my room because she'll be staying with me. My bed is good for two people, but i'm not used to having someone in my bed besides my teddy bear, Shishi. Also, i'm not really organized with my things so that's another reason for not wanting to have a room mate.

It's my fourth day of being a slave to Henry and i don't know what to feel when i learned that he did not go to school that day. No one knows what happened.. so i'm free! No one can ask me to do anything except from him so i don't need to go to the office today.

Sulli and i decided to go downtown after class. I don't want to go home yet. I can't accept the fact that mom did not even asked me if i wanted a room mate or what. We have another spare room, but it's full of old things now. But mom said not to touch it and it'll be better if my cousin will share a room with me instead.

"So.. this cousin of yours.. do you think se's pretty?" Sulli asked. We are currently in a bubble tea shop we frequent.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, i don't care. I haven't even heard that i have a cousin from California. Duh." I rolled my eyeballs.

"What are you gonna do? You can't do anything against your parents specially you're grounded."

"Ya, thanks for reminding." I make face that made Sulli laughed.

"I'm just saying! Maybe your cousin would be nice. You can ask her to teach you English."

"I'm not interested. I just don't want anyone to sleep with me in my room."

"Just say that you are too embarassed to have a room mate since you are not organized!" She teased.

"Silly!" I just said at Sulli before i sip on my bubble tea.

I went home almost 9pm and the air starts to be really cold. Winter is coming and it's one of my favorite season even though it's a bit hard to do anything when there's snow everywhere.

"Why did you go home late?" Mom welcome me with that question.

"I-i had to do some chores for the council, remember?"

"Don't lie, Hyura. Henry did not go to school today. I saw him in the mall a while ago." Mom said as if they are close her to call him like that.

I just ran to my room to escape further punishment, but mom went into my room and knocked on my door.

"Open this, Hyura! Change your uniform and go to the dining room! Hurry! Don't make me go back!"

I changed into my usual home attire and slowly went into the dining room.

I saw mom and dad sitting.. and someone with a long black hair sitting with them too in front of the table. I can't see her faceyet because her back is facing me.

"Hyuna, good thing you came down already." Dad said. He even stood up. "Come."

So i did.

"She's Olive, Hyura. She's your distant cousin we told you about." Mom introduced me to the girl.

The girl stood up and faced me.

"Annyeong haseyo! Olive imnida." Her voice is so graceful i became embarassed of my boyish tone.

But wait.. isn't she the girl Sulli and i saw with Henry yesterday at the coffee shop?

"Hey, Hyura. Don't be rude." Mom exclaimed when i did not said anything. "Say something."

"Ah.." It feels like my mouth became dry. "Ahm.. annyeong! Hyura imnida." I waved my hands cutely.

I saw mom and dad smiled. "Let's all eat. We have been waiting for you to come home earlier because Olive's bags have to be brought up into your room already."

We all sat down and started eating. Mom and dad kept asking Olive questions and i just listen. My mind is full of questions that i know i can't just ask her. Who is she and why does she know Henry? What is their relationship and why do they looked like they are arguing yesterday?

She looked like a bright kid that you can go anywhere with. Just like Henry.

Is it possible that they met overseas? Henry grew up in America too before he vacationed in China then finally went to Korea. I don't understand why does he have to go to different countries, although it really benefited him because he can speak three languages.

"Hyura, finish your food. Why aren't you eating?"I heard mom's voice then saw the three of them looking at me.

I looked at my plate and i haven't touch it yet. "I-i'm sorry." I said then started eating.

Mom washed the dishes and told me to help Olive move her bags to my room. Aish. This is really happening!

"I'm sorry that i have to bother you with my vacation." I heard her said after all of her things are now inside. She closed the door. She was smiling when she said that, a shy smile.

"It's fine. It's not like i can do anything about it." I said. I don't mean to be ruse, but i'm a pretty frank person.

She giggled. "I'm sorry again. I promise, i won't be a burden. I can stay in the hotel for the whole duration of my vacation but i wanted to experience living in Korea the way Koreans do so i asked my mom to look for a relative where i can stay with for."

I did not answer.

"I want us to be comfortable with each other so please, feel free to say anything to me, alright?"

I nod. She's so pretty i'm hating how i look right now. He hair is long and straight. Mine is long too, but not as straight as hers. It's shiny too. Ugh. She kind of remind me of barbie. You know, the doll?

I opened the cabinet  beside my bed. I used to put my old clothes there but i moved it to the other room so she can use it.

"Here, put your things here." I said. "You can sleep in my bed, i'll be on the floor." I said.

She looked worried in a bit. "Oh, you don't have to do it. I-i can sleep on the floor."

"No. It's fine. I am not used in sleeping with someone on the same bed as mine so you can have the bed. " I wasn't smiling the whole duration of time that we are talking. I don't want her to be too comfortable with me. I'm just curious about her because of her connection to Henry.

I woke up early that morning to find that she woke up earlier than me. The bed is done and i smelled breakfast the moment i opened my room's door.

"Oh, hi. You're awake now." I saw Olive wearing my mom's apron in front of the stove.

"What are you doing? Me, asking the obvious.

"I cooked our breakfast. Have a seat. I was about to wake you up since Aunt said you might be late."

"W-where's mom?" I'm not used in not seeing her in the morning, nagging me to move fast because i might be late.

"She went to the market after Uncle went to work." She said smiling before going back to what she's been cooking.

I looked at the table and saw that there are food already. "Ya, did you cooked all of it?" I asked slowly sitting.

"Yes. My mom taught me to cook Korean dishes in our free time." She answered, still busy on what she was cooking.

I tasted all of the dishes and find them all very tasty. Aish. Why does she look very perfect? I'm almost her age but i can't even cook ramen perfectly! It's either too much water or it'll be too soggy.