four.

My Best Friend's Secret Admirer

As morning quickly came, all Hyori could think about, was last night. She also thought about it, on her way to school.

“I’m sorry Hyori that I have to say this, but……” he made a pause, “I-I…. like… you.” He turned to look at her, and saw her eyes closed, with the back of her head, leaning on the couch. But the thing he didn’t know was, she was still awake, but she pretended to be asleep.

‘Aish, I picked the wrong time to say it,’ he thought as he messed up his hair.

‘H-he…. likes… me…? Since when? Why?’ she thought. She had so many questions on why he liked her because…. she just thought of him, as her best friend. But she also didn’t want to hurt his feelings.

“Good morning Hyori!” Hani wrapped her right arm around Hyori’s shoulders, while Hyori was in the middle of drinking her yogurt drink. Hani spotted Hyori on her way to school.

“Good morning. So, do you think ‘he’ is the person who wrote the letter?” Hyori asked as she took another sip of her yogurt drink.

“Well, I’m not sure to be honest. I mean, I never really thought ‘he’ would write me a letter.” Hani replied.

---------------

 

They were laughing at certain things, and passed by Jin. “Hey Jin!” yelled Hani, as she waved to him.

He turned around and smiled, “Good morning Hani and Hyori!” then turned around, and marched forward.

“I like how you guys are not awkward anymore. It’s a good thing you guys worked it out last night.” Hyori said.

They made their way to their lockers. Their lockers were right in front of the windows where you get the best view of the rising sun. They were the only lucky best friends in Hwak High School because they were the only best friends that had lockers right next to each other. They had a top locker, Hyori’s on the left, and Hani’s on the right.

Hyori unlocked her locker, and a note fell out. Hani unlocked her locker, and a note fell out of her locker too. They looked at each other at the sudden surprise. They both picked up their own letter, and opened it.

Hani’s read:

Hey there. I wonder if you have figured out who I am…hehe. Anyways, from now on, I will give you really tiny clues on who I am. The first hint is:

                                                            I’m your grade

            -Anonymous

Hyori’s read:

I wonder if I’m the first person to give you a note in your locker. A little romantic isn’t it? I hope you can find my identity in no time! Your first hint is:

                                                     I know your best friend

            -Anonymous

After reading their own letter, they gave their letter, to each other. After reading both of them, Hyori noticed something, “Why do these letters sound the same?”

“Oh right huh?” Hani looked confused.

“Don’t you think it’s weird that they both sound and are written the same?” Hyori took both of them, and put them in the air, and the sun hit the letters, seeing through them. She looked at them, and noticed something. She looked closely at the papers, and saw something that looked like, someone wrote something on another piece of paper, on top of the letter. It looked like, ‘J+H’

“Hey Hani-ah do you see this?” She handed her the papers, pointing towards where the ‘J+H’ was.

“Yeah, I see it.” She stared at the paper.

“Why is it on both papers, but the handwriting doesn’t look the same?” They were both confused.

*bells rings*

“Come on Hyori, before Mr. Kim gets mad at us.” Hani grabbed Hyori’s arm. Hyori’s other arm, held the 2 letters.

 

 

[Lunch time]

“So you guys decided to eat lunch with us again?” Rap Monster said, as the two girls were getting into their seats, in Bangtan’s table. The two ignored his question.

“Yah! Answer my question!” They ignored him again.

“It’s okay,” Jhope patted the sad face boy’s back, “So Hani, did you get any letter today?”

Hani looked up from her food, “No, not that I know of.” Jhope looked at her confused.

*FLASHBACK*

[In the classroom]

“Hey, I don’t want the boys to know about this.” Hani said.

“Why?” Hyori asked.

“Because I don’t like them all up on our business. Especially when I get letters, and now that you got a letter, they’re going to want to know your business!” Hani yelled which made the whole class look at them weirdly.

‘Fine. Just don’t be obvious because you’re bad at NOT being obvious.” Hyori pointed out.

“Shut up!” Hani punched her arm.

*END*

“Are you sure? Your face looks like you got one.” Jhope said.

Hyori looked up from her food, and looked to her right, where Hani was. Jungkook was sitting next to Hyori, and Jhope was sitting next to Hani. ‘Good, you’re not making it obvious.’ she thought, hoping Hani will receive it.

‘I know, I’m not,’ Hani thought, hoping that Hyori will receive it.

“Why are you questioning me about getting a letter?!” Hani exclaimed. Jhope lost his words.

Hani sighed, and continued to eat her lunch in silence. The whole entire lunch, it was quiet. The school bell rings, and Hyori kisses Jungkook’s cheek, “I’ll see you later!” She takes a few steps forward, but turns around to tell him something, only to get hit in the face, by someone’s Axe smelling chest.

“Oh, sorry Hyori-ah, I didn’t expect you to turn around. You need something?” Jungkook asked, as he took a few steps away, from Hyori, so she could breathe.

She got dizzy by the smell of his Axe, it smelled so good to her, that she didn’t hear Jungkook. “I’m sorry what?” Jungkook waved his hand in front of her face, “Oh right. I need you to come to my house tonight, so you can help me pick out a dress for this dinner we’re having tonight. I’ll tell you the rest of the details later. Bye!” She waved, and jogged to her classroom.

---------------

“Jungkook!” Hyori yelled as she ran to him, while he was leaning on the entrance gates.

“So what did you need to tell me?” Jungkook asked, as Hyori held her index finger up, telling him, to hold on so she can breathe normal again.

“I needed to tell you that, I need you to come to my house because…. the Kang’s are coming over!” She yelled, then squealed and clapped her hands.

“WHAT!?” Jungkook exclaimed. He hates the Kangs, well, the son specifically because Hyori has been crushing over him, ever since they met, when they were 13 years old, and it just irritated him.

“What’s wrong? I thought you like it when the Kang’s visit?”Hyori asked as she looked confused. One thing Hyori doesn’t know, was that Jungkook didn’t like the Kangs. That was the only secret that Jungkook didn’t tell Hyori.

“I-I do, it’s just…. it was all of a sudden,” he rubbed the back of his neck, and said in a low tone, “That’s why.”

“I want to look good in front of oppa. So let’s go to my house now!” she pulled his arm. He felt something in his heart die, after he heard her call someone else oppa, and not him. Hyori has only called him oppa, maybe twice her whole life.

---------------

 

“This one?” She picked out a dress, that’s light blue, and Sabrina lace neckline, with white polka dots. He shook his head.

“This one?” It was a regular black dress, with pearls on it. Jungkook didn’t want her to look good only for him, so he chose the simplest dress possible. He nodded and smiled.

She sat next to him, on the bed, and said, “Jungkook……I heard what you said last night…”

 

 

 

 


author's note:

Hello wonderful people! I have a new update! Yay! So I'm not really busy at the moment because all of my JROTC competitions are done, for now, I don't have a lot of homework, and I only have GDT practice on Tuesdays and Fridays. I'm so happy today because it's just my time of day, to be happy. That's all I have to say, bye!

*Late edit: Please check Chapter 3! I have more relationship advice help!

thank you for reading~saburiina