Growing Up is Hard To Do

Brothers of Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Yonghwa, Lee Jonghyun, Kang Minhyuk, and Lee Jungshin known as Brothers of Four at Baekhwa village in Busan. People acknowledge their talent since they were young. They only little boys but have great sense of music which make their face glowing like sun beam whenever they played with their instrument. 

Few years ago, every the end of the month, they always gather at an old garage owned by Mr. Ji Sukjin. They brought snacks and their homeworks in the afternoon, set the table with their stuffs and waiting for the right time while did their homework. When sunset comes, they will stop their activity. They sit in circle, holding candle on each hands and stated their complaint about each other one by one. After all of them said their true heart, they'll blow the candle together and do a group hug.

Yonghwa was the one who come up with this idea. He inspired by an infamous Japanesse movie two years before that. But that movie didn't teach them to make that ritual as routine activity. It was Jungshin's idea to make it as their secret monthly activity. Their family only knew that they just do homework together. The only person who knows everything is Jonghyun's same-age cousin, Lee Hongki. 

One day, a horrible accident happened. They burnt that old garage when they were quarelling about age. Yonghwa mind to be called the eldest one, and Jungshin kept as an old man. Yonghwa raged, he carelessly broke the candle on his hand, as expected it fell on top of table which filled with homework pappers and snacks. That's how the flames began.

Mr. Ji refused to rebuild that old garage even tough Brothers of Four's parents offered with the best guarantee. He planned to turn it into orchard so he could make aditional income for his family.

Since then, Brothers of Four who lost their base camp started to hang around at another old garage. But it's not a common garage. It's originally a garage, but the owner, Ha Donghoon (or known as reggae maniac, Haha), turn it into a perfect and cozy music studio. A lot of local bands comes to rehearsal. 

With their keen eyes, Brothers of Four observe all the movement from every bands. That's their music history begin. Yonghwa and Jonghyun fell for guitar, Jungshin interested in bass after Haha show off his bass skill in front of him, and Minhyuk kept stare at drum kit in the corner of the room.

Unfortunately, they didn't have enough money to buy their own instrument or have a basic lesson at that studio. Haha was too busy to teach them. And the bands seems to engrossed in rehearsal. Besides, mostly people only sees them as a bunch of neighbour kids with much curiousity. They didin't took their interest seriously. Poor them.

But talent is talent. It's a gift from God. If you destined to have a talent, you don't need another party's help in everything. That's the reason why ‘autodidact' word exist. You can learn by yourself as long as you have a strong passion on it.

Soon after Brothers of Four found their passion, they decided to changed their monthly ritual. No more ‘month-end candle-pray'. They already knew what to do in life. Music brought another heat over their brotherhood. They agreed to gather at last weeke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter