Chapter 2: Run to You

For the Years I’ve Longed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He strides the lobby of his building and employees stop their tracks as they bowed at him. With his head held high, he continues his way to the elevators and he goes inside one of them, which was exclusively for his use. Before the doors closed, his eyes landed on that woman who was riding the elevator opposite his. He wanted to stop the doors and call for her but he decided to keep his cool.

“JunHo–ah, how was the thing I told you to do?” He asked his male secretary and business friend.

“Which one, hyung-nim?” JunHo asked earning a glare from the boss. He checked his notebook to see which task could the boss have meant. “Oh, the job vacancy for Miss Bae?” he guessed and Taec remained silent signalling the shorter man that he was correct. “The interview letter was already sent and I believe that she is scheduled for today, sir...” He replied.

“Good, give me an update on that.” Taec instructed and JunHo instantly noted in down.

The lift stopped and the boss and his secretaries headed out as the glass doors opened. They proceeded to the meeting room and for about two hours, presentations, discussions, and arguments happened in his presence. On the other side, she walked out of the interview room with a sigh before heading to the comfort room to freshen up. She walked back to the lounge to wait for the results of the preliminary interview, and after about an hour, she was called back in.

He heads out of the room with a frown on his face, while she heads out of the interview room with a smile.

“Tell them to present at least three contingency plans... and schedule the meeting this Friday, araseo? How could they not present alternatives?!?! Even college students come prepared with contingency plans, such disappointment!!! Tell them that if they fail to satisfy me with their plans, they are fired!!!” He instructed his other secretary, Erin, as they walked down the empty hallways.

It was a practice in the company to be out of the devil boss’ sight at all times, especially when he’s angry, and his voice suggested that he was angry. And it was a surprise to some employees at other levels when they spotted a young lady happily walking, rather turning her body around endlessly, along the hallway. With his eyes closed in frustration, his secretaries eyes’ on their notes and her eyes faced at the opposite direction, she accidentally bumped onto him.

He was about to snap at whoever bumped him, but upon opening his eyes and seeing that woman on the floor rubbing her hips from the collision, he became calm. He noticed a wet brown substance on her long hair and turned to Erin, to see his cup of coffee almost empty.

“Choesong hamnida!” She stood and bowed deeply as she apologized, before getting on her knees to pick her things up.

The secretaries were about to scold the lady, knowing that their boss is about to flare up from bumping onto him and spilling his coffee, but were shocked at what their boss did next. He got on one knee and helped the lady pick her things. Every employee seeing the scene gasped as it was the first time their boss showed kindness to anyone, more so to a newbie.

“Be careful next time... Look at where you’re going... we don’t want another clumsy accident here...” he spoke nicely to her. “Here, go to the restroom and wipe your hair... or else your precious hair would go to waste...” he handed her his handkerchief.

“Neh, kamsahamnida...” She looked up at him and thanked the nice man. He smiled, earning another gasp from his employees. It was the first time they saw him smile inside the company.

“Good luck, Subakie...” he spoke as he got up and walked towards the elevator, leaving a dumbfounded lady still on her knees.

She got up after gathering all her things and headed towards the restroom again to fix herself up. She damped the handkerchief and began wiping her hair. She folded the cloth backwards and what she saw surprised her. It was a drawing of a bicycle on the blue plaid cloth. She had the same handkerchief, but hers was white and after a few seconds of thinking, it finally struck her. The handkerchief, the nickname and that smile, it must be Teggie oppa, she thought.

She went out the restroom and asked two of the passing employees if they saw who she bumped onto. She described that he was a tall man with muscular body, deep cheekbones, dimples, round dark almond eyes. A man in a black suit and had his hair gelled up, he was with two people, one small eyed man and one skinny lady with eye glasses. The two employees could not think of anyone else other than their terrifying big boss, but refused to tell the woman as they know that their boss did not want anyone speaking of him, whether good or bad.

Suzy had no choice but to wait for that man to possibly pass by the lobby as she headed there and waited. After a few hours, she could still not see his shadow. It was already 6 in the evening and the building was starting to empty out all visitors. When the security personnel informed her, she made an excuse that she was waiting for someone and that she was told to wait at the lobby.

When another hour had passed, she was approached once again and was about to be dragged out, since every employee has left already. The security told her that it was impossible that she was to meet the only employee left in the building, which were the big boss and his “entourage”. She finally gave up since the security had a good reason. When she was about to turn towards the main doors, the side of her eyes caught a glimpse of someone.

I know that when you look at me
There's so much that you just don't see
But if you would only take the time
I know in my heart you'd find
A girl who's scared sometimes
Who isn't always strong
Can't you see the hurt in me?
I feel so all alone

“Ahjussi, chamkanman!” she told the security as she stared at that familiar man. The security followed her gaze and saw their boss.

“Have a safe ride home, sir!” the security bowed deeply at the man and she was surprised to see how the handsome man was being treated. She started doubting her intuition but nevertheless, tried calling out to him.

“Oppa...” She softly spoke and when he didn’t hear her, she called again a little louder. “O-oppa...” this time he turned his head and saw her sad eyes.

He smiled at her and it answered her doubts. He was definitely her Teggie oppa. “Oppa...!!” she ran to him with tears in her eyes as Taec opened his arms for her. And for the third time, his secretaries hung their jaws low, including the security and cleaning staff.

“T-Teggie op... pa... I-I missed y-you... s-so much...” she sobbed while gripping on his suit tightly.

“I missed you too, my Subakie...” he smiled into their tight hug. After spending more or less five minutes in that position, they were interrupted by his secretary.

“Hyung-nim... do I tell the valet to get your car?” JunHo asked and he nodded in reply.

When the car arrived in front of the lobby, she was still sobbing until she was out of breath. With his arms around her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter