Chapter 4: Because Love Grows

For the Years I’ve Longed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey, do you know that the devil boss is already living with that marketing newbie?” a woman whispered to the person beside her.

“That woman must have done a lot of seducing to get into the devil’s lair... But could she really handle that man? I know the boss is really hot and all, but that attitude is really indescribable...” the other woman replied.

“I know right... but some people were saying that he was awfully nice to her... I think they even knew each other before she got in the company... so I think her employment was all arranged by the boss... Gold diggers... tsk tsk...” the first woman spoke.

“Ehemmm!!!” a man cleared his throat to warn the gossiping women. “Don’t you have anything better to do? Get your asses back to work!!” the man snapped.

“Yes Secretary Lee...” the two women stood and bowed before leaving the cafeteria.

It has been a few days since thing started changing in his company. He might not know of it, and she may have remained oblivious of it, but rumours started circulating around the company. Some employees started talking about

JunHo and Erin have been informed of it, but did not dare reporting it to their boss, since majority of the employees have been speaking about the rumours and having more than half of the company fired was not what they needed. Hence, the two took things on their own hands, however, rumours refused to die down, instead grew larger.    

“Don’t you think that it’s unfair? That woman got in seven months after I did, and she already gets promoted to a Marketing Associate? And here I am still an Accounting Assistant?” another woman complained at her colleague.

“Because she’s working hard? Unlike you who’s taking a break for the third time this day, and it’s only 11:15am...? And the training period in our department is really slower... I got the Associate position almost after two years...” the man pointed out and the woman scoffed.

“No it’s not because of that... It’s because that woman fluttered her eyes at the big boss and the devil bachelor obviously fell for it... and I heard they’re already on a first name basis... do you think the rumours of her sleeping with him are true?”

“I dunno... but if I was a woman, I would kill to sleep with that man... even for us men, devil boss is THE MAN!” the man spoke after he sipped his cup of coffee.

“Excuse me, am I bothering you two gossiping about our boss?!” Erin interrupted them and the two stood in shock.

“Ani-imnida... We’ll get going ma’am...” the man bowed and pulled the woman with him.

“It’s been 13 days and still the rumours haven’t died down... way to go with your suggestion JunHo-ssi...” Erin muttered to herself. “And those two people are still oblivious to it, even if the whole company had been talking about it out loud...” she shook her head when she saw Suzy come out of the washroom just across the building.

 

Another day passed with the rumours still going on. She was on her way to the washroom when she heard her name being mentioned inside. She stopped and leaned on the door frame, eavesdropping on their conversation. He was on his way to the meeting room when he saw her standing still beside the washroom. Confused, he looked at her for a little while from the opposite hallway.

“So you really think that Suzy is going to be the Marketing head soon? With the rate she’s going with our boss, it’s not that impossible you know...” a woman spoke.

“She might even be the queen of this company soon... I heard she’s already sleeping with the boss... someone saw them in the same car and entered the same building together...” another spoke.

“But how about the clingy woman last time? The thin one? I thought she’s the girlfriend of the boss...” the third lady spoke.

“Obviously she is just the cover... to hide the boss and Suzy’s relationship... Someone from the Marketing Department told me that the was so jealous that she even broke down when she saw the thin lady flirting with the boss... so pathetic...” the second woman scoffed.

“But really, who would settle for her? She just got looks... I’ve seen her marketing plan before and it was real bad... that’s why I think she’s depending on him a lot, making her promotion effortless for her...” the first insulted and Suzy gritted her teeth in anger.

“Wait, from what I know, the boss frequented bars and clubs, so do you think she was that kind of woman? Being paid for it?” the second woman spoke and Suzy had enough of their insults. She was about to barge in them when she was halted by a grip on her wrist. She turned her head to see him with a stern expression.

“Oppa... they were talking bull about me... I want to talk to them..!” she exclaimed at him.

“I have a better idea...” he spoke and pulled her towards the rail of the hallways. “Call everyone out...” he instructed his secretaries.

JunHo and Erin immediately went to the departments on that floor to call them out and called out the other divisions on other floors via telephone. On the other hand, he knocked on the washroom door. “Stop your gossips and come out for a minute.” He spoke and the three ladies immediately recognized the voice and nervously came out, as if they were about to face their deaths.  

“Listen carefully!” He yelled when he saw the hallways of all building floors filled with his employees. “Yes! Suzy Bae and I have a special relationship! And that’s all you need to know, our private lives are none of your business as your personal lives are none of mine!!! So give an end to these rumours I’ve been hearing for the past two weeks and shut the hell up!!! Anyone who questions more about our relationship and bothers her about it would be fired immediately! Understood?!?!” he yelled while he held her hand tight.

“Neh, algesseumnida!!” the employees responded loudly. With that, he left the scene as he dragged her back towards the elevator.

“So he knew after all? I guess there’s really nothing that he doesn’t know around here...” JunHo spoke to Erin after they saw the lift moved upwards.

“You heard the boss, so stop your gossips and disperse!!!” Erin shouted and all followed. She then turned around and faced the three gossip girls from the washroom. “Just in case you don’t know how terrifying our boss is, he’s a man of his words and he means what he says, no matter how absurd firing more than half of the company is...” she continued.

“And maybe consider having your resignation letters ready before he torments you until you go crazy... he also does that... Just to warn you of the consequences of your actions...” JunHo added and the girls were close to tears before the two secretaries left to inform the board of directors that the meeting would be delayed.

Both arrived at his office with hands still clasped together. She pulls her hand away from him and he turns around surprised. “Oppa, why did you do that?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter