Chapter 3: If This Isn’t Love

For the Years I’ve Longed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She has been living under his roof for about a week now and she had made great progress in his house. The day after she decided to make the house a home, she dragged him out that night and bought groceries. The fridge was immediately filled with meat, greens and fruits, which had never been in his fridge since he lived there.

Two days after, she was informed that she was now accepted as an employee of his company, but she had worried. She did not want to bother him even at work, so she did not tell him at once. But the boss knew everything from his secretaries and as he came home one night, he spoke to her. He assured her that she would not cause him any burden and that he would feel more at ease if he knows that she’s working for him instead of other companies which he could not get close contact of. After minutes of convincing, she accepted the job offer.

Their relationship was kept secret from everyone in the company, however, the two secretaries later found out when they sent some company gifts to his house, in which she answered the door for him. JunHo and Erin were speechless at first, when she invited the two inside their house, but upon explanations from her and slight threatening from him, the secretaries understood and helped keep the secret.

On one Saturday, the two visited the orphanage and told Sister BongSun, SunYe and WooYoung about Taec taking care of Suzy, so that they would not worry about her anymore. BongSun and SunYe were delighted as WooYoung had other things in mind as he pulled Taec aside, while the women kept the children company.

“Dude... are you sleeping with her?” Woo frankly asked.

“Hell no!!!” Taec yelled almost making everyone in the room startled. “What the hell are you thinking... she’s seven years younger than me, how could you ever think of that?!?!”

“Taec, age is just a number... it does not limit our feelings... and if you don’t have a thing for her, why are you reacting like that? And what’s with the red ears?” Woo grinned. “And I remember clearly that you had something else for that little girl since we were kids... some people may call it ia, but I call it a puppy crush...”

“Stop it, will you?! She might hear your non sense...”

“Why? Afraid that she would hear your honest thoughts? Just spill it, dude... you’ve got a thing for her... I’ve been your best friend for twenty long years, man... and you’re telling me I could not read you? Yeah right!!!” he spoke.

“Taec, she might be our young little sister when we were kids, but she’s twenty five now... she’s an adult and so what that you’re seven years older? Beyonce and Jay-Z had a 12 year , Ashton and Demi had 15 years, Tom and Katie had 17 years...” Woo stated and Taec just rose an eyebrow at him.

“Well, though most of those couples had broken up, they still had long relationships... you get my point, don’t you...?” he asked and Taec just ignored him. “Fine, just answer this question... if Suzy was, let’s say, 30 years old... would you consider dating her?” he asked and Taec thought for a few moments.

“See? You’re already thinking about it... so that meaningless number is the only reason you’re holding back... If you did it back then, when we were kids, a lot of people would beat you to death for hitting on a seven year old child, but now it’s okay... she’s 25, you’re 32... it’s already acceptable...” Woo reasoned.

“You know what? It’s time to get back to the kids...” Taec ignored and went towards the kids, leaving a frustrated WooYoung. However, Woo’s words did not leave Taec’s mind as he continued thinking about it while they played with the kids. He was even taking quick glances at Suzy, who looked like a mother now that she had a three year old toddler in her hands.

 

 

Weeks passed and they grew more comfortable with each other. They already know each other’s habits and they worked perfectly in sync as they successfully kept the secret from the company.

She would wake up an hour earlier than him and take her shower. After preparing herself, she would wake him up, even before his alarm clock would do so. While he takes his bath, she prepares the breakfast and when he comes out of bath, he would happily savour the meal. She had made him stop eating instant foods starting the first day she lived there, and for about a month, she had not seen him touch any unhealthy food, making her proud of him.

When she saw him take some medication one day, she asked him and found out that he had unhealthy liver because of his previous unhealthy lifestyle. Upon finding out, she gave away all his beers to WooYoung and JunHo so that he would be able to improve his health. She had also taken extra caution on his meals, making it healthier, but less tasty, in Taec’s opinion. He was forced to stop drinking and smoking as she threatened that she would run away from home or not speak to him for a long time, which Taec obviously did not want.

He started walking around in the house with just his training pants on, and though at first she screamed upon seeing his sculpted body, but now she’s used to it. Even if she used to blush upon seeing his body, after three weeks of seeing it, she’s now immune to it.

She also started walking around the house with hot pants and a loose tee, and it made him flustered at first upon seeing her flawless legs, but now he’s also used to it. However, unlike her, he did not grow immune to her show of skin, but more like addicted. He even asked her why she was not wearing hot pants one Sunday night, and immediately regretted it as he received a pillow on his head seconds after. His feelings towards her grew upon seeing some skin, and all he could blame was his hormones, as he always felt hot when he sees her looking y, as he described.

Since he was guarded by her most of the time, he stopped going out visiting bars and clubs and stayed home with her, since she was not the outgoing type. He was also able to lessen his womanizing ways as he did not meet or flirt with any woman as Suzy was the only woman allowed to by his side now.

One of his past flings from way-back even tried contacting him through WooYoung, who also visited the same club few years ago. The woman was worried since she and her gals could not spot Taec anywhere nowadays, and Woo just jokingly replied that he was already taken, which is why he’s nowhere near clubs and bars. Though it was a lie, it’s not completely untrue.  

They would also go out together for dinner and shopping but kept some distance as she was afraid to cause rumours if ever some employee of his sees them. Both also knew more things about each other, the likes and dislikes which have changed since they were little and also some secrets that they squeezed from each other.

Suzy had also started re-decorating his house, which Taec was still adapting to. She had changed some furniture into brighter coloured ones and hung some pictures on the wall. She also bought him a new set of bed covers, dress shirts and ties with her first pay check as she was tired of seeing just grey, black, white and blue colours in his room.

As for their lives at the office, Taec was still the same devil boss, but was definitely nicer to Suzy. She even laughed at him at home when she heard his nickname from the employees. Apparently, he was the Devil in Armani.

“Oppa, stop being mean with your employees, wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter