Reasons

Ambush

 

10 Years Ago - Shinwha Highschool and Preparations

 

“Yong Hwa, your girlfriend’s here looking for you,” Lee Jong Suk stood before the class door making teasing rhymes as he barred someone from coming in. He had done it for too many times, forbidding girls from stepping in just to meet some of the hottest student that happened to be seated in his class.

“Uuuhh Girlfriend,”  Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin teased in unison. Yong Hwa tossed his book, unwilling to move from his seat. “I don’t have girlfriend, ignore her,” he shouted reluctantly.

Yong Hwa knew, too many girls in the school were chasing after him, he didn’t want to let any of them intervened his class flooding him with gifts and ruining his image. If ever he let this one girl came to see him in the VIP class he was in, then there might be more girls came following her step.

“I’m sorry, Yong Hwa is busy now,” Lee Jong Suk stuck his tongue, mocking the girl.

“Let me in,” the girl vigorously pushed Lee Jong Suk and easily stampeded in.

“Yong Hwa ya, how dare you!”

“Soo Jin?” two eyes were widened.

 


 

Yong Hwa and Soo Jin sat facing each other at the cafeteria.

Soo Jin cupped her cheek. “You know Yong Hwa, I’m your legitimate girlfriend. I can announce it throughout the world if you want to,” she grinned.

“Park Soo Jin-Jung Yong Hwa.  Jung Soo Jin, that will be my official name once you marry me. Jung Soo Jin, the daughter in law of a chaebol Jung Mon Hun. Girls will be so envious,” Soo Jin paused.

“But, I’m Park Soo Jin, do you think I need your family name?” she smiled.

Yong Hwa frowned, he still didn’t know what was going on inside Soo Jin’s head.

He finally nodded as his answer.

“Yah, do you really think I need your family name plastered in front of my name?” Soo Jin shrilled protesting.

Yong Hwa broke a laugh. “Do you want it?” he blinked.

“Yong Hwa yah, be serious. I don’t need your family name. I don’t want to be one of those Jungs. I don’t like you, why should I marry you?” she remarked in speed of light.

“Well, then it’s a deal. I didn’t plan to marry you either,” Yong Hwa rose from his seat planning to leave.

“But,” Soo Jin fixed her hair.

“But what?” Yong Hwa frowned.

“But since your family who proposed the marriage to me, for the union of your family's businesses and my family's financial institutions support, then it’s up to me to decide whether I would say yes or no with all the consequences.”

“Ohh well, then?” Yong Hwa sat back to his seat.

“In this case, your family needs my family more,” Soo Jin grinned in victory.

“Yeah, yeah,” Yong Hwa rolled his eyes.

“But, I’m not a stupid, innocent girl who will fall easily for rich handsome brat like you. I do like someone and he’s not you,” Soo Jin canted forward. “If you’re willing to make a deal to me, then your family's agenda will still be fare well, without us having to marry each other,” Soo Jin nodded.

“What if I don’t want to,” Yong Hwa snorted, leaning back in his seat.

“There will be two possibilities. One we have to marry each other and two your family's agenda will turn into dust,” Soo Jin talked nonchalantly while admiring her nail done.

“Sshhh, ok, ok, I will consider it,” Yong Hwa snorted.

“What’s your offer?” Yong Hwa readied himself for multi tasks business conspiracy he might have to deal with.

“Park Shin Hye.”

Yong Hwa frowned, “Park Shin Hye? What’s that? Some kind of new business proposal?” this time he canted forward.

“Ani-“ Soo Jin wagged her palm. “It’s Park Shin Hye, from junior class,” she slid a photo of Shin Hye.

Yong Hwa peeked at it, “Never seen her before here.”

“What about her?”

”Well, you know Lee Seung Gi?” Soo Jin said in a dreamy tone.

“Kinda heard his name somewhere,” Yong Hwa snorted, he just realized that snorting thing was quite relieving when he had to talk about something important.

“That’s the guy I like the most,” Soo Jin winced happily. “He’s tall, handsome, smart and calm, typical of true gentleman. He’s my type and none of his qualifications match yours,” her cheek blushed.

“Praise God,” Yong Hwa added laconically.

“Park Shin Hye, Lee Seung Gi, our deal, what’s the connection between those three?” asked Yong Hwa.

“Simple,” Soo Jin smiled.

“I will take care of the smoothness of Jung and Park’s business agendas, without us having to marry each other. And you know, I will keep my promise and I assure you that I won’t fail,” she paused.

“Look at my nails, do you like it?” She proffered her hands wishing Yong Hwa would eagerly love it.

Yong Hwa sniffed, “hate girls with long nails.”

“Ah jinjja? I thought boys love clean long polished nails like this,” Soo Jin took a loving look at her own nails.

“You want my honest opinion?” Yong Hwa spoke coolly and sipped his coffee.

“Yes,” Soo Jin canted forward.

“Hmm, those nails are the reason why I call you witch,” he paused. “Correction, those nails and your attitudes,” he smirked then peered out through the window.

“So tell me what kind of girl you like?”

“Does that matter?” Yong Hwa snorted, cocked his head away from the window to finally face Soo Jin.

“Well, not at all,” Soo Jin grinned.

“I hate girls with ridiculous long nails like that of yours,” Yong Hwa sipped his coffee. “But I favor your smartness,” he smiled. “Never like mean girls because I am mean, literary. I’m ambitious especially in business, well maybe it runs in the blood, you know?” again he snorted.

“You and me are in the same league,” Soo Jin smiled.

“I guess so, that’s why if I had to answer your question, maybe I do like girls who doesn’t belong in our league,” Yong Hwa sank into his seat.

“Don’t you realize that meeting up in public area like this will generate gossips and rumors about us having romantic relation?” Yong Hwa frowned as he noticed some students were looking at them.

“I do, that’s why I brought you here,” this time Soo Jin talked in such sweet voice.

“I want to make it short and effective. I will do my tasks and you have to do yours. And if you failed in doing it, the whole world still knew we’re having romantic affair, though we don’t,” she smiled.

“Tricky,” Yong Hwa sighed. “So what should I do?”

“Separate Park Shin Hye and Lee Seung Gi," Soo Jin paused and lower her tone, "do whatever you could until finally Lee Seung Gi chooses me to be his partner at the school prom, then our deal will be done, How’s that?” Soo Jin tilted and smiled.