A Bet with The Boys

Ambush

 

10 Years Ago - Cheongdam-dong

 

Later that afternoon at Yong Hwa’s residence, the four boys gathered and quickly got amazed by Yong Hwa’s illustration.

“Hyung, you can never separate them,” Min Hyuk pinched at his lips staring at Yong Hwa pensively.

“Waeyo?” yong Hwa lifted a black brow.

“Don’t you realize you never had any relation to any girl?” Min Hyuk threw one undeniable fact with nonchalant irony.

Yong Hwa turned solemn, after all this time, in eighteen years he had breathed, he had never fell in love. No girls had ever occupied his mind. No girl had ever made him comfortable.

He had flirted, had seen too much from girls, had done so much, but his heart had always been hollow.

His best-friends were all he needed.

Jong Hyun nodded in acquiescence while Jung Shin was continuously sighing.

 “What happened to you Jung Shin ya?” Jong Hyun shook at his best friend sleeve. “Is something bothering your mind?”

Jung shin cocked his head facing Jong Hyun. “Never mind, nothing’s important,” he took one bottle of beer and gulped its content.

Min Hyuk took one last measuring glance toward Jong Hyun and Jung Shin before continuing.  “Do you know how to win a pure heart?”

“Pure heart?” Yong Hwa fidgeted uncomfortably followed by dreadful silence.

“Do you know how to be romantic?” Jong Hyun quickly broke the silence.

Yong Hwa frowned, “Giving lots of expensive gifts to the girl I interested in, isn’t that romantic?” Yong Hwa grinned, that’s the only answer he could think of.

“You need to learn from Jung Shin, he has degree in breaking girls’ heart,” Jong Hyun said it rather ironically than complimentary.

A loud sigh came from Jung Shin.  “Wae?” three heads turned to him. “My broken heart,” he mourned.

“Wae?” the boys shouted again in unison.

“Park Soo Jin noona. I think I’m in love,” he moaned. “Wae? wae? wae? why does she have to marry you instead of me?”

Yong Hwa snorted, “Come on, I’m not interested in her either.”

“Skip your anguish, we’re in serious talk now. Much more important than your unrequited love,” Jong Hyun snapped at Jung Shin then with curiosity cocked to Min Hyuk  to talk more.

Min Hyuk gulped his beer then canted forward, looking pensive and solemn. “It’s not about breaking somebody’s heart. It’s about winning,” he frowned.

One more gulp, then, “picture this, suppose Lee Seung Gi gave this girl pure love, he treat her right, he made her smile, happy and so on and so on. How can you surpass his pure heart? your conspiratorial intention will be the least in her list,” Min hyuk gave one rueful half laugh.

“Money,” Jong Hyun chuckled nonchalantly.

“Ooh, right, money. I can give her that,” Yong Hwa nodded in victory.

Min Hyuk  sighed desperately.

“Well she might be attracted to your fortune, but the idea of romantic love story Lee Seung Gi had given will easily turned your money into dust,” Min Hyuk sank in his seat.

Min Hyuk chuckled the suddenly shouted, “?” almost laughed by his own idea.

“Yah, babo. She’s a minor,” Yong Hwa threw a cushion to Min Hyuk then laughed shyly as if he had no objection in doing the idea.

“Hate that idea,” suddenly Jong Hyun remarked.

“Wae?” Yong Hwa’s brows leaped skywards.

“First she’s a minor then," Jong Hyun took a deep breath, "uri hyung here doesn’t know how to make love with love,” he laughed in tone drenched with mockery.

“Yahh,” Yong Hwa jolted off his seat, throwing a fake jab and upper-cut punch toward Jong Hyun.

After sometime, finally the dust was cleared. Yong Hwa sat, panting in his seat. His figure was drenched in sweat from top to toe. He’s an aqua, he sweat easily.

Jong Hyun sank back to the sofa, wiping the sweat off his forehead before gulping more beer. He still had remained laugh in his lips while his thought wandered around Min Hyuk’s idea.

“I told you hyung, you will never win that girl’s heart,” he taunted.

“I will,” Yong Hwa grumbled.

“To win her heart, you must fell for her first,” Min Hyuk said solemnly.

“Andwe,” Yong Hwa quickly snapped in protest.

“Let say, If I had to sleep with her in order to separate her from Lee Seung Gi,” he paused to take a sip of his beer, “then I will do it without love.”

“Noona,” A moan suddenly blurted from Jung Shin mouth. He was fully aware that if Yong Hwa succeeded in winning Park Shin Hye’s heart then Soo Jin will occupy Lee Seung Gi, and he would suffer from deeper heart broken.

“Cut it out, will you?” Jong Hyun barked at him again.

“You’re so mean, hyung,” Min Hyuk remarked solemnly while starring deep into Yong Hwa's brown eyes, ignoring Jung Shin and Jong Hyun who were busy with their brotherly quarell.

Yong Hwa nodded. “Let’s make a bet," Yong Hwa shouted clearly,

"If ever I could bring that girl to bed then I will pay for your European tour next summer,” proudly he flung his arm out.

“That’s not even a bet,” Jong Hyun smirked, “that’s a cry for help,” then chuckled.

“Once we agreed to the deal then we have to help you to make it happen because we all know you will fail.”

“Ok, ok, ok, mind my tricky deal, any idea? Anyone?” Yong Hwa slanted to the other boys.

“Succeeded – we will be your slave for a month, failed – you will be our slave for a month,” Min Hyuk grimaced uttering his idea.

“That’s not fair,” Yong Hwa snorted. “I will die as a slave if I had to serve you three,” he sighed.

“Divide this pack in to two, Jung Shin with Jong Hyun and you with me,” Yong Hwa chin-pointed at Min Hyuk who was quickly rejecting the idea.

“No rejection, you’re in my team,” Yong Hwa concluded clearly.